Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? (9341 Views)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ojisik(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2014
Good afternoon once again,please can corpers work in private firms (e.g.: MTN,GTBANK etc) during their service year,if YES, please how can this be achieved?
If NO, can you suggest a very good government agency to work for in LAGOS(e.g.:.ALAUSA SECRETARIAT, LIRS and the likes) and how getting posted to such places can be achieved
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ojisik(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Please your opinions are highly welcome,help a brother abeg
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by jecintaben(f): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
dsame question by me
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by navistar(m): 7:31am On Nov 19, 2014
Yes you can, just get a request letter from said firm n tender it to the secretariat within the camp through ur platoon officer. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by jecintaben(f): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2014
u will find him something. lyk hw much
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by navistar(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
jecintaben:
u will find him something. lyk hw much
If by him, you mean your "platoon officer" then yes, the something is mutual respect and good communication skills.
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ademat7(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is a very good topic but I wonder why corp members don't even want to comment on post this days
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ojisik(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ademat7:
This is a very good topic but I wonder why corp members don't even want to comment on post this days
I've been wondering the same thing,please ex-corpers/serving corpers,answer us
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Mannylex(m): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
NYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though, in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearance...

Traditionally 75percent get schools
25percent get Lga
5 percent private firms...

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ademat7(m): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mannylex:
NYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though, in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearanceNYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though, in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearanceNYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though to a place of your choice in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearance...

25percent get Lga

thanks for stopping by and please help us rearrange the post for easy comprehension. thanks
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ojisik(m): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mannylex:
NYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though, in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearanceNYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though, in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearanceNYSC won't post you there, though in some very rare cases u could be posted to private firms, but not the one's u mentioned... U can ghost your ppa though to a place of your choice in the sense that u accept your primary posting then convince them to help you sign your monthly clearance...

25percent get Lga

Thanks bro,so are you insinuating that corpers don't work in ministries?
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Mannylex(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2014
Ojisik:

Thanks bro,so are you insinuating that corpers don't work in ministries?

They do. That 25Percent I mentioned has ministries incorporated in it... Just know that majority ends up in schools. Except those in the medical field.

1 Like

Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ojisik(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2014
Mannylex:

They do. That 25Percent I mentioned has ministries incorporated in it... Just know that majority ends up in schools. Except those in the medical field.

I have no fear because Mannylex is here grin abeg do you have any tips on how someone can get posted to a ministry? And where were you posted to?
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ojisik:

I have no fear because Mannylex is here grin abeg do you have any tips on how someone can get posted to a ministry? And where were you posted to?
The surest way of working your PPA to a govt MDA is by getting a "letter of request" from the govt MDA you wish to be posted to.
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by hotcakept2: 1:38am On Feb 28, 2017
Ojisik:
Good afternoon once again,please can corpers work in private firms (e.g.: MTN,GTBANK etc) during their service year,if YES, please how can this be achieved?
If NO, can you suggest a very good government agency to work for in LAGOS(e.g.:.ALAUSA SECRETARIAT, LIRS and the likes) and how getting posted to such places can be achieved

This thread is 3 years old! I am sure by now you should be working! Anyways, pls where did you finally do your ppa? And advice me which companies do you think need corpers. Do you think the likes of MTN, Airtel, etisalat need corpers? Do they look out for class of degree? Expecting your reply......thanks!
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Ojisik(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
hotcakept2:

This thread is 3 years old! I am sure by now you should be working! Anyways, pls where did you finally do your ppa? And advice me which companies do you think need corpers. Do you think the likes of MTN, Airtel, etisalat need corpers? Do they look out for class of degree? Expecting your reply......thanks!

Wow...how time flies. I thank God for keeping me and other members of this forum alive.

I ended up serving in an NGO somewhere on the Island, the place closed after 4 months so the rest of my y NYSC was spent taking exams and working as a home tutor....got a job 2 months after leaving camp.

I'm not sure if the above named firms hire corpers but I remember seeing something about KPMG and Mckinsey hiring corpers. Check this link:

https://www.linkedin.com/hp/update/6238793915986649088

Most importantly, make friends , get a professional qualification or 2, apply for as many jobs as you can and the best will be yours. grin
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Annbakesndelish: 12:34am On Mar 11, 2023
Thank God for your life sir/ma@hotcake

Am currently In my HND 2
An accounting student
I wish to serve in a private firm like Gtbank
Please sir/ma'am
How can I go about that ?🙇
Re: Can Corpers Work In Private Firms During Nysc? by Moskido: 4:37am On Mar 11, 2023
Annbakesndelish:
Thank God for your life sir/ma@hotcake

Am currently In my HND 2
An accounting student
I wish to serve in a private firm like Gtbank
Please sir/ma'am
How can I go about that ?🙇

What batch are u waiting for like dis Batch A stream 2

(1) (Reply)

‘Take Care Of NYSC Members’, Gov. Ajimobi Tells Residents / NYSC Maduguri Camp To Re-open Soon – DG / Lassa-Fever: Rivers Corpers Go To The Streets For Sensitization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.