Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Enyeama Urges Governors To Emulate Akpabio - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Urges Governors To Emulate Akpabio (935 Views)

Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Ekpolo Wants To Emulate Team Mates (what to play for Nigeria / 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enyeama Urges Governors To Emulate Akpabio by ujoinme: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
In-form Super Eagles captain, Vincent En­yeama, has charged other State governors in Nigeria to emulate the landmark achievement of the Governor of Akwa- Ibom State, Goodswill Akpabio in putting a state of art edifice, Akwa-Ibom International Stadium.

Speaking to the media recently, the France-based Eagles skipper urged other state governors to invest more in sports facilities like the stadium, noting that it has a multiplier ef­fect on the economy of the country.

Asked his feelings about the stadium, he said: “If I want to say what is in my mind concerning that stadi­um, I know very well that I would be misunderstood because if I have my way, I will tell all the governors to try and build such an edi­fice in all the states of this country.”

“However, the truth is that the stadium is just too fine. Governor Akpabio tried and I doff my hat for him. He deserves commen­dation. How I wish every other state governor in Nigeria can emulate what he did because it will go a long way in changing the fortune of Nigerian sports,” he noted.

Asked if he still stands by his words over the Ebo­la disease, The Lille FC of France said: “I still stand by my opinion and nothing can change it. I am entitled to it and I expect everybody to respect mine. If I am CAF I will call off the Na­tions Cup but since I am not CAF, I don’t have an option than to represent my coun­try if we qualify.

“You don’t know what we pass through in our clubs after coming home to play for our countries. In some cases, they don’t want to relate with us or even have a hand shake with us because of fear of the Ebola diseases,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=91333

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Urges Governors To Emulate Akpabio by killercute16(m): 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
I pray so buh e go tey die
Re: Enyeama Urges Governors To Emulate Akpabio by morefire: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
ha Enyeama dont let APC people catch you oh!!! they said the stadium is a colossal waste of funds, but planting flowers on Lagos road has more benefits

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Torres And Atletico Teach Madridand Ronaldo A Ballon D'or Lesson / Sunday Final Predictions!!!: Ghana Vs CIV / Join The Football Making Money Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.