Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Stephen Keshi Admits Super Eagles Are Not At Their Best - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Admits Super Eagles Are Not At Their Best (753 Views)

Flying Eagles Are The Winners Of The African Youth Championship / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Keshi Admits Super Eagles Are Not At Their Best by msmon(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
After securing a vital 2-0 win over the Red Devils of
Congo in Pointe Noire last Saturday in what was a
must win match for the African champions in a CAF
Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, Super Eagles coach

Stephen Keshi has thanked the Nigerian fans for their support to the team.

But despite the important win over the Congolese,
the 52-year-old coach has admitted that the Super
Eagles are not playing at the level they should be at
the moment.

The former Nigeria captain also admits that the
African champions should be way ahead of where
they are at the moment.
“I want to thank all Nigerians that have been praying
for this team, for the success of this team. We don’t
belong where we are now, we should be much better
but lack of understanding is not making us advance.
Some of us are still behind, but I thank Nigerians,” he
told Hot FM.

The former Hawks of Togo coach did not leave out the
players, as he also thanked them for giving
‘everything they have’ in getting the three points.
“I also want to specially thank the players; they gave
everything they have because we couldn’t leave
Congo without the three points, we had to get them.
Most especially in the second half, I was very proud
of them,” he posited.

Keshi also went on to praise the Nigeria football
Federation and the Federal Government, for playing
key roles in ensuring Nigeria’s qualification to the
Cup of nations.
“And with the support of the NFF also, and of course
the federal government. It’s been key to ensuring we
qualify for the next edition. It’s all about every one of
us, it’s our country and I thank everybody. It’s not
about Keshi and that’s it,” he concluded.

www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/news/stephen-keshi-thanks-nigerians/192671
Re: Stephen Keshi Admits Super Eagles Are Not At Their Best by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
we really appreciate him ( on behalf of me and my childrens) we donate jonna to keshi. thanks so much, Yelsss thanks vry much for calling bak Uche to eagle's nest
South africa is our wife we sabi discipline dem, do that for we naijarians dem we will shower you more lovesssssd grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Admits Super Eagles Are Not At Their Best by msmon(m): 5:41am On Nov 18, 2014
Honestly, the problem with the S.E is poor attitude by the player not Keshi. I mean how will a team that won the nations and also displace a so called best team in Africa on the way became so poor on of a sudden.
Secondly, look at Mikel (I'm one of his major critics) and I think he proved me right in the match against Congo by putting up an amazing and professional performance which goes a long way in we getting the 3 points, I use to tell people that if Mikel gives half of what he is capable of, Nigeria will get results in every match. Our poor performance has be cantered around Mikel lackadaisical display.

afolag:
we really appreciate him ( on behalf of me and my childrens) we donate jonna to keshi. thanks so much, Yelsss thanks vry much for calling bak Uche to eagle's nest
South africa is our wife we sabi discipline dem, do that for we naijarians dem we will shower you more lovesssssd grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Admits Super Eagles Are Not At Their Best by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
msmon:

Honestly, the problem with the S.E is poor attitude by the player not Keshi. I mean how will a team that won the nations and also displace a so called best team in Africa on the way became so poor on of a sudden.
Secondly, look at Mikel (I'm one of his major critics) and I think he proved me right in the match against Congo by putting up an amazing and professional performance which goes a long way in we getting the 3 points, I use to tell people that if Mikel gives half of what he is capable of, Nigeria will get results in every match. Our poor performance has be cantered around Mikel lackadaisical display.

Fire bregade approach is one of the disease running in the veins of the eagle ever since I started watching football. JOHN MIKEL OBI has always been the subject of critics when it comes to Nigerian football, he has the exposure and the needed experience to turn things around, his graduation to the peak and the kind of manager he works with gave us the believe no doubt about that. May be or may be not i think it will be the best if keshi can slow down the introduction of new home based players to the national team, CHAN is there for them to showcase there talent and whoever make an impressive performance in the area eagle really needed a replacement will then get a good chance. Playing a left footer today who love to do tiki taka and next tomorrow along side a player who love to dictate pace will in the long run constitute a kind of depression, the more this boys play together the better they understand each other.
Building a strong formidable birds of thesame feather that will fly high enough to guinea to defend AFCON will be the best. South african coach has not left a day out of proclaiming that eagle will be stopped in UYO, I pray we cross the bafana bridge safe and sound then we can plan on what lies ahead of us.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles To Face Ivory Coast And Mali In January / Barcelona Would Rule The World Despite Ban. / Edibi, Cross River Indigene Is The Only Nigerian Referee At AFCON 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.