Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! (2431 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / MTN Surprise Smartphone Plan (4.5GB For N2500) / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bimbor(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen,
I subscribed for this plan on Sunday night after making some clarification from their customer care help desk and they told me the day and the night accounts wil both be charged separately...but lo and behold MTN have been charging my DAY ACCOUNT only since sunday up till now.....what they said is that after 9pm they will switch to the night account automatically and by 6am the following day they will revert to the day account but I can confidently confirm to you all that this is a hoax!! MTN are pranking us because right now it is my day account that keeps going down even after 9pm while the 3GB for the night still remains untouched even after downloading a file worth 300MB by 10pm last night.....the data was taken from my 1.5GB day account.

Now I don't need to be reminded that after exhausting this 1.5GB data i will be restricted to night browsing only with the remaining 3GB.....Was this not exactly what their Night Plan offers?
MTN seem to be taking us for a ride really....what sort of crap is this! Are we kids.....why do they always think they can take us for a ride!! This is actually preposterous!!! They really need to be called to order....

I have posted this message so that those of you intending to subscribe will be careful. MTN are just too cunning. When you hear of an offer from MTN the best thing is to run!

Just see my screenshots below for evidence.....

1 Like

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2014
it has been like that since
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by spenca: 7:57am On Nov 18, 2014
You should talk to the CC and hear what they have to say
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bimbor(m): 7:59am On Nov 18, 2014
Wonderlands:
it has been like that since

What has been like that since? And since when? This plan is just less than a week old
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by timilehing(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2014
Are you sure it's not the night plan you subscribed for? They look similar but there subscription code & charges are different. What code did you subscribed with?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Sleekydee(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2014
bros thats MTN night plan....its always being like that.....I have been on it for over 7months.....u sent 102 to 131 shey? the new MTN SURPRISE says text 120 to 131 for 4.5gb for 2k5
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bimbor(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2014
timilehing:
Are you sure it's not the night plan you subscribed for? They look similar but there subscription code & charges are different. What code did you subscribed with?

No.....I subscribed for the Smartphone plan with 120. The night plan code is 102.

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Lagusta(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2014
If you really subscribed with 120 instead of 102....

Then MTN still hasnt repented from their sins......

Please call their customer helpdesk.......

However, you can buy sme MTN data by contacting bunmioguns.... Click on my signature

1 Like

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bunmioguns(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2014
Lagusta:
If you really subscribed with 120 instead of 102....

Then MTN still hasnt repented from their sins......

Please call their customer helpdesk.......

However, you can buy sme MTN data by contacting bunmioguns.... Click on my signature

cool cool
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by ITbomb(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2014
I would advise you to reboot your phone in the morning to guarantee the switch. Sometimes it doesn't automatically switch
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by biomedixexcel(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2014
MTN milking us since 2002
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bimbor(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2014
I'm beginning to think there's a form of conspiracy between Nairaland and MTN...if not I see no reason this topic is not on front page already!! This is a matter of National interest.....the over 20million MTN subscribers need to be made aware of this MTN poo! Admin take note else you will be seen as an accomplice!!

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bimbor(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2014
We are saying the Smartphone plan is questionable....yet they keep promoting it on the front page.....The smartphone plan is a scam!! nairaland mods should watch what they put on the front page!!
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by segzicres(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
front page please
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by femidejulius(m): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
ITbomb:
I would advise you to reboot your phone in the morning to guarantee the switch. Sometimes it doesn't automatically switch

Are you on the smartphone plan? How sure are u st rebooting can help? If rebooting in the morning as u said can help, don't u logically think rebooting in the morning can only stop in deducting from the night data plan? He has said he can't even use the night plan. He is charged from the 1.5Gb day plan even at night, so how exactly can rebooting in the morning help him if not to continue d day deduction from the day plan?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by gen2briz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
MTN ....Milking and robbing Nigerian since their day one.
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by blackfase(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
Dont you kno?....that mtn & infact the rest of them are rogue organizations, in conjuction with their indigenous policing bros ncc. Iv given up on them long time ago on whatever they say or promise......

Btw this your device font fit blind pesin eyes o!...lol smiley
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by chibuzor05(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
bimbor:
Ladies and gentlemen,
I subscribed for this plan on Sunday night after making some clarification from their customer care help desk and they told me the day and the night accounts wil both be charged separately...but lo and behold MTN have been charging my DAY ACCOUNT only since sunday up till now.....what they said is that after 9pm they will switch to the night account automatically and by 6am the following day they will revert to the day account but I can confidently confirm to you all that this is a hoax!! MTN are pranking us because right now it is my day account that keeps going down even after 9pm while the 3GB for the night still remains untouched even after downloading a file worth 300MB by 10pm last night.....the data was taken from my 1.5GB day account.

Now I don't need to be reminded that after exhausting this 1.5GB data i will be restricted to night browsing only with the remaining 3GB.....Was this not exactly what their Night Plan offers?
MTN seem to be taking us for a ride really....what sort of crap is this! Are we kids.....why do they always think they can take us for a ride!! This is actually preposterous!!! They really need to be called to order....

I have posted this message so that those of you intending to subscribe will be careful. MTN are just too cunning. When you hear of an offer from MTN the best thing is to run!

Just see my screenshots below for evidence.....

I am experiencing the same thing my bro...after all the rubbish conviction from their cc. There is just no difference from the normal night plan.
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by major466(m): 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
MTHEN are thieves in corporate suits.
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
dont you know their tweeter handle or dont you have enough followers on tweeter.

broadcast it so the whole nation will hear it in less than 24 hours, there are less than 2 millions users on nairaland
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
pls, whats the name of the font you're using @ OP[size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Chuukwudi(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Please, What is the name of the font you are using? It's so beautiful!
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Elparaiso(m): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
Omo Na so dey tell me say I go get 5 times what I spend if I dial *507#.
The bike way I use run charged me 1k...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Ayomi088(m): 1:17am On Nov 19, 2014
Na today....shioor

Meanwhile there is affordable MTN and ETISALAT data on offer......https://www.nairaland.com/1856717/affordable-mtn-etisalat-data-offer

Hop in for more gist on the matter
Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by bimbor(m): 3:19am On Nov 19, 2014
I called their CC help desk and the guy said they will inform their engineers to look into it....but meanwhile;

11:43pm MTN still deducting from my day bundle!
03:12am MTN still deducting from my day bundle!

This issue must be taken up.

Mod I repeat, Front page this material!!

Re: Beware Of MTN Smartphone Plan!! by Mcleo007(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Something weird about this plan though... I'm on it. The plan usage is not straight. The night data hardly depletes. Just yesterday at midnight, I was streaming on YouTube. I checked the data balance afterwards and the day time balance left with a few Mb. Sucks if you ask me!

(1) (Reply)

#TheNextBigThing: Tecno Teases New Smartphone & New UI (HiOS) / MTN Quick Wind: Activate 500MB With Just 100naira / Help My Infinix Hot4 Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.