Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

If You Don't Pay Attention To These 5 Areas, Divorce Could Be Imminent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Don't Pay Attention To These 5 Areas, Divorce Could Be Imminent (1049 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. / 5 Areas Of Your Life You Should Balance To Live To The Fullest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Don't Pay Attention To These 5 Areas, Divorce Could Be Imminent by jchima14: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2014
"My husband told me that, if things don't change, he's thinking about a divorce."

"We have nothing in common anymore."

"She's not the same person I married.

"We have so much going on, we simply don't hang out with one another."

These are the common phrases I hear over and over when I work with couples in crisis. I expect to hear them. They are what I have prepared for. When I hear them coming from friends, however, it catches me off guard. It shouldn't, I know, but somehow I think that MY friends won't succumb to the pressures that lead to divorce. Yet, my friends are just as likely to divorce as are the people who come to see me.

In my years of work, I have found several common denominators that everyone knows about, but it continually seems people don't pay attention to them. Not paying attention to these things inevitably leads to poor relationships and, many times, divorce. While there are any number of things that can lead to divorce, these five things are what I have found to be consistent among couples in conflict.

1. Busyness

Kids in sports Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and every other Saturday. Mom and dad working late in the evening and then going to the gym when they can fit it in. This busyness kills relationships. Give up some things to make time for the important people in your life. You will never regret making relationships better. What you will regret is not making more time for loved ones.....
Source: [url="http://e%reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/1451-if-you-don-t-pay-attention-to-these-5-areas-divorce-could-be-imminent"]e reporter news[/url]
Re: If You Don't Pay Attention To These 5 Areas, Divorce Could Be Imminent by Kanwulia: 11:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what is wrong with divorce? undecided
Is it not a part of life?
Especially, in AFRICA. . ..where marriages are to escape POVERTY? grin

Na all marriage be marriage? cheesy
Mtcheeeeeeeeeew!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Pay Attention To These 5 Areas, Divorce Could Be Imminent by mumazee: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2014
My dear everything is wrong with divorce.

(1) (Reply)

Does "No" Mean "No", When It Comes To Your Wife? / No More Flogging. Here Is The New Way To Discipline That Naughty Kid / Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.