Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba (1382 Views)

Check Out House In Tinubu Area Of Lagos Wia Slaves Were Tortured In 18th Century / 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba by Mambofiend: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2014
This is very interesting

Re: An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba by bigfrancis21: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
Can I get the link to the full article?
Re: An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba by Mambofiend: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:
Can I get the link to the full article?

It's from a book that was recently released. It's about Yoruba/Hausa rebellions that took place in Bahia, Brazil and Western Cuba. Its thesis is that rebellions that took place in both regions show militaristic similarities that was adopted in prior Jihad warfare in Oye and other Hausa regions.

Here's the Google preview. It's a good read.

http://books.google.com/books?id=zkKXBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=west+african+warfare+in+bahia+and+cuba&source=bl&ots=_8iGutKza9&sig=Z_5McTHW9vx0DdiF-t9tJzAGIqc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=57JsVLahIYKmgwS6jYToCA&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=west%20african%20warfare%20in%20bahia%20and%20cuba&f=false
Re: An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba by fightforchange1(f): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
Aww. I love Cuban blacks.
They honor their dead.
Re: An Excerpt From Research Showing The How Yoruba Slaves Were Perceived In Cuba by Loonyy(m): 3:30am On Jul 04, 2018
fightforchange1:
Aww. I love Cuban blacks.
They honor their dead.
u love dem Nne just Bcux Dey honor their dead,,,Biiyaa dis girl, don't ho n die Bcux of honor

(1) (Reply)

What Is Ur Opinion On Males Chewing Gum / Ijebu-Ode: The tale of a people and their festival / The 12 Ijaw Lgas In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.