Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony (25803 Views)

Groom Dies In Strange Auto Crash On Way To Marriage Introduction / Bridegroom Dies In Strange Auto Crash On Way To Marriage Introduction / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2014
Please, I need advice on how to go for this my marriage
introduction next month end. I want to get married to a yoruba girl and I'm from delta. I would like Nairalanders here who are yoruba or have done such in yoruba tradition to help chip in some tips. I live in delta, but she lives with her family in lagos. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Jilo83(m): 6:56am On Nov 19, 2014
Ask ur girl 2 give u d clue now. Afterall she has witnessd dat of her sister n frnds.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2014
she and her mother gave me tips, but I have a feeling I need to ask more cos she's the first in her family.
I was told fruits, wines, biscuits and sweets in a basket.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by skillzbae(f): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2014
elvee:
she and her mother gave me tips, but I have a feeling I need to ask more cos she's the first in her family.
I was told fruits, wines, biscuits and sweets in a basket.
U wil give her some money to give her mum to entertain u n ur family, u wil cum wit sm family n frnds (fruits is nt compulsory for nw),after evrytin,d bride to be wil give ur family an acceptance gift of biscuit nd sweet
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2014
skillzbae:
U wil give her some money to give her mum to entertain u n ur family, u wil cum wit sm family n frnds (fruits is nt compulsory for nw),after evrytin,d bride to be wil give ur family an acceptance gift of biscuit nd sweet
lool..dis is getn funny... I want to marry a yoruba lady cuz of dis..
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2014
skillzbae:
I thought the fruits were compulsory cos that's what they told me but they never told me about entertainment money. I thought we were only gonna drink sef.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by skillzbae(f): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2014
elvee:

I thought the fruits were compulsory cos that's what they told me but they never told me about entertainment money. I thought we were only gonna drink sef.
U can take fruit if u want bt its nt compulsory, it is only compulsory for trad marriage or if she is pregnant nd u wanna do a fairly big intro, except she is working, if shes nt, u might nid to give her money for entertainment.

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by skillzbae(f): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lool..dis is getn funny... I want to marry a yoruba lady cuz of dis..
Oya na, we r wonderful pple
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2014
skillzbae:
Oya na, we r wonderful pple
alright....den lets get married
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by skillzbae(f): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
alright....den lets get married
Lwtmb........... Ok, wen i drop this 3rd baby im carrying, i wil set a meeting btw u nd my husband,so u can discuss man to man. N:B my hubby does nt joke wit me,so wear enuf amour,so u wont go hme on a wheel chair

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by GoldCircle: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2014
get ready to lie down and postrate as a many times as may be required by your in-laws
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2014
GoldCircle:
get ready to lie down and postrate as a many times as may be required by your in-laws
I tot dats durin d native law n custom. to lie down no hard but na d getting up plenty times sha.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2014
skillzbae:
Lwtmb........... Ok, wen i drop this 3rd baby im carrying, i wil set a meeting btw u nd my husband,so u can discuss man to man. N:B my hubby does nt joke wit me,so wear enuf amour,so u wont go hme on a wheel chair
he didn't say he wants to get married 2 u. just look for one small osogbo girl 4 am
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by kweenkong(f): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2014
hello,
I am from Ogun state and husband is from Delta State ( Isoko) to be precise. For ours he arranged fruits in basket , 2 carton of biscuit, 2 carton of sweet, i carton of juice and 1 carton of malt. and make sure its beautifully wrapped and presented. No monetary expectation . Is your girl working? The gifts are just what they are gifts to the whole family . How many people are you going with ? that would inform the decision to support her with money for the entertainment .
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by kweenkong(f): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2014
My dear Fruits is compulsory , they are sort of considered inexpensive and symbolic.

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
kweenkong:
hello,
I am from Ogun state and husband is from Delta State ( Isoko) to be precise. For ours he arranged fruits in basket , 2 carton of biscuit, 2 carton of sweet, i carton of juice and 1 carton of malt. and make sure its beautifully wrapped and presented. No monetary expectation . Is your girl working? The gifts are just what they are gifts to the whole family . How many people are you going with ? that would inform the decision to support her with money for the entertainment .
wow! thanks a million for the list. I was thinking of minimum of ten people or maximum ten people comprising family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
skillzbae:
hewwwooooooo.....runs away...i dnt do adultery...
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by skillzbae(f): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
hewwwooooooo.....runs away...i dnt do adultery...
Lolssss
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 20, 2014
kweenkong, pls is there any more info? I just lyk 2 knw more details 2 make it interesting.
I neva hear frm d men yet too.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by kweenkong(f): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2014
A number of ten people is ok and stylishly inform your babe so that she can prepare fully. Ten is a fair number . Also you get your uncles to dash the women in the house some cash for attending to them, though not compulsory. Nothing much to expect , i know they would speak English but it would be nice to go along with someone that understands and speak yoruba .
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by lamdec(f): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Bringing Fruits is compulsory for the introduction, my husband's family brought two basket of fruits sef. Then one more thing, please offer to pay for entertainment, let the bride's family be the one to tell you not to bother if they don't want your contribution.

Its good you are coming with 10 people, that is fair enough but dont be surprise if you see about 50people on that day and yes, get ready to prostrate with your friends. Your family members should have some change in their pocket because they will be asked to spray money. All the best.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
thanks y'all. I'm patiently waiting 4 d day to arrive.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by empressthywo(f): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2015
Top of the morning to you all.

kindly advice me, i av read other comments and was able to get some of the informations i need.
i am also having my introduction next month and i av never attended one so i dont realy knw how its done. my question is do i need to hire a onilu (drummer) and alaga (standing police) for this occasion?, i dont want somthing big thou, just a parlour tin... Thanks
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Shemmyglo(f): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
empressthywo:

kindly advice me, i av read other comments and was able to get some of the informations i need.
i am also having my introduction next month and i av never attended one so i dont realy knw how its done. my question is do i need to hire a onilu (drummer) and alaga (standing police) for this occasion?, i dont want somthing big thou, just a parlour tin... Thanks
I don't think u need to get onilu and alaga everything is all about praying, introducing both families, exchange of gift and eating. Music is not really necessary but if u must dance u can play your favorite song through your DVD.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by Femsyn(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
Maximum amount you're likely to spend is 15k or less (excluding the clothes u'll both wear). Get two baskets (raffia or plastic-made baskets). One containing all sorts of fruits you can lay your hands on (some say there's a specific number you buy), but don't worry, no one is going to bother counting. Fruits like oranges, apples, mangoes, paw-paw etc will do. Then for the second basket, get wines, biscuits, packs of sweets, juice etc.
After these, ensure you have enough change (N50s/N100s) to give the drummers/alaga and iyawo-iles.
Re: Please, I Need Tips For My Marriage Introduction Ceremony by lamdec(f): 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
empressthywo:

You need to get an alaga, usually alagas bring their onilus but its not compulsory. Alternatively, if you have a friend who can be your alaga, I have been to about two introductions that a friend was the alaga. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.