Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error (1423 Views)

Please Kindly Help With This JSON Code / Please Kindly Help With This Html/javascript Problem. / Pls Help Correct This Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by xlim: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2014
<?php

// Inialize session

session_start();
// Include database connection settings
$hostname = 'localhost'; // Your MySQL hostname. Usualy named as 'localhost', so you're NOT necessary to change this even this script has already online on the internet.
$dbname = 'zclass'; // Your database name.
$username = 'root'; // Your database username.
$password = ''; // Your database password. If your database has no password, leave it empty.

// Let's connect to host
mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password) or DIE('Connection to host is failed, perhaps the service is down!');
// Select the database
mysql_select_db($dbname) or DIE('Database name is not available!');

// Retrieve username and password from database according to user's input
$userName=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['name1']);
$userSchool=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['school1']);
$userClass=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['class1']);

//*********retrieving data from Database**********

$query = "SELECT * FROM member WHERE $userName='name1', $userSchool='school1' and $userClass='class1'";
//$login = mysqli_query("SELECT userName,password FROM 'member' WHERE userName= $_post['username'] AND passWord= $_post['password'])"wink;
// Check username and password match
$res = mysql_query($query);

$rows = mysql_num_rows($res);
if ($rows==1) {
// Set username session variable

$_SESSION['userName'] = $_POST['name1'];

// Jump to secured page
header("Location: post.php"wink;
}
else {
// Jump to login page
echo "user name and password not found";
}
exit;
?>

Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by zeroshadow: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2014
xlim, you didn't state the problem angry angry angry angry

luckily for you I have "php eyes" angry angry angry

you didn't even put the form angry angry angry angry

the bolded part below indicates your problem... you might be getting a database error... or undefined variable error... angry angry angry angry

$query = "SELECT * FROM member WHERE $userName='name1', $userSchool='school1' and $userClass='class1'";
//$login = mysqli_query("SELECT userName,password FROM 'member' WHERE userName= $_post['username'] AND passWord= $_post['password'])"wink;

Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by xlim: 11:51am On Nov 19, 2014
zeroshadow:
xlim, you didn't state the problem angry angry angry angry

luckily for you I have "php eyes" angry angry angry

you didn't even put the form angry angry angry angry

the bolded part below indicates your problem... you might be getting a database error... or undefined variable error... angry angry angry angry

it's actually saying username and password not found
Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by zeroshadow: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
xlim:

it's actually saying username and password not found

that's because you're calling the variables wrongly

is meant to be

$query = "SELECT * FROM member WHERE userName=$userName, userSchool=$userSchool and userClass='$userClass";
//$login = mysqli_query("SELECT userName,password FROM 'member' WHERE userName= $userName AND passWord= $userPass"wink;

there could be mistakes in my correction but you are not calling the your variables... you're mixing mysql and mysqli(very bad practice)... my battery is dying..
Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by xlim: 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
zeroshadow:

that's because you're calling the variables wrongly

is meant to be

there could be mistakes in my correction but you are not calling the your variables... you're mixing mysql and mysqli(very bad practice)... my battery is dying..

thanks so much. will work on that now
Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by zeroshadow: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
xlim:

thanks so much. will work on that now

If it doesn't work try putting it in an "if
Statement" to check if something was typed

if(isset($_POST['name1'])&&isset($_POST['school1'])&&isset($_POST['class1'])){

//$login = mysqli_query("SELECT userName,password FROM 'member' WHERE userName= $_post['username'] AND passWord= $_post['password'])";

if ($rows==1) {

// Jump to secured page
header("Location: post.php";
}
else {
// Jump to login page
}

}
exit;
Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
trollin. . .
Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 08, 2015
Heheheheheh using mysql_real_escape in $_post, oh lawd!
Re: Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error by tresz: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
xlim:
<?php

// Inialize session

session_start();
// Include database connection settings
$hostname = 'localhost'; // Your MySQL hostname. Usualy named as 'localhost', so you're NOT necessary to change this even this script has already online on the internet.
$dbname = 'zclass'; // Your database name.
$username = 'root'; // Your database username.
$password = ''; // Your database password. If your database has no password, leave it empty.

// Let's connect to host
mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password) or DIE('Connection to host is failed, perhaps the service is down!');
// Select the database
mysql_select_db($dbname) or DIE('Database name is not available!');

if ($rows==1) {

// Jump to secured page
header("Location: post.php"wink;
}
else {
// Jump to login page
}
exit;
?>
Okay! It's okay to make such mistake when just starting PHP. Well, you made 2 mistakes in the above program.

1. WHERE $userName='name1', $userSchool='school1' and $userClass='class1
Don't use variable in place of column name, spell out the column as it is, like WHERE Grade='$grade' AND Level='$level'...
2. You're not making any login authentication cause in your code, you've already commented the vairable $login //$login=mysqli_query...
instead of authenticating with the username and password, you're trying to authenticate with UserClass, UserSchool, etc query, i.e $res = mysqli_query($query).

Solution should clearly be:

1. Uncomment $login, and perform a query on it in place of $res, like $login_query = "SELECT * FROM member WHERE username='$Username' AND password='$password'";
2. Then make $res = mysqli_query($login_query); You can the process it and it'll authenticate. *Remember to always encrypt your passwords.

(1) (Reply)

PDF, DOC, DOCX To Text Converter Software / Procedures On How To Build Your Business Website From The Scratch / Pls Help A New Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.