Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Caretaker (lawyer) And Tenant Issue - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Caretaker (lawyer) And Tenant Issue (935 Views)

Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Landlady And Tenant / Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caretaker (lawyer) And Tenant Issue by tngtech(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hello nairalanders,

Please am having issues with my Caretaker who is a lawyer.

I rented and apartment where i've being staying since 2009. I got married by September this year. After the which my rent expired by October 10 same year.

Now i want to move out by end of this week and the caretaker (lawyer) is asking us to pay for the days we've stayed in the house else its going to be war.

Please i want to know, am i suppose to pay for the number of days i have stayed or fight back.

Your advice is really need right now

Thanks
Re: Caretaker (lawyer) And Tenant Issue by edufabulous(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
tngtech:
Hello nairalanders,

Please am having issues with my Caretaker who is a lawyer.

I rented and apartment where i've being staying since 2009. I got married by September this year. After the which my rent expired by October 10 same year.

Now i want to move out by end of this week and the caretaker (lawyer) is asking us to pay for the days we've stayed in the house else its going to be war.

Please i want to know, am i suppose to pay for the number of days i have stayed or fight back.

Your advice is really need right now

Thanks
The house your are living might be the only source of living for the owner, as such he's right to demand his rent from you, and from all indication you didn't make your intention about packing out known to him, and you could have left without informing him. In all, I don't think you have a good rapport or relationship with your landlord, because most landlords would have ignored the accrued rent since you're leaving. Just go and discuss the issue with your landlord/lawyer and see wat can be done, because in as much as you have right as a tenant, the landlord also has his own right..
cheers!
Re: Caretaker (lawyer) And Tenant Issue by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
Na wa o.... see question! pray, if u worked till half of October then resigned, will you not expect your employer to pay you for the two weeks, even though he paid you in September!

Please sir, you are to pay the rent on a pro rata basis, so do the needful.
Re: Caretaker (lawyer) And Tenant Issue by Elai147: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Yes Sir, you have to pay. It's the Law.

(1) (Reply)

Very Decent Mini-flat To Let In Aboru Iyana Ipaja Axis I50k/yr With Pictures / 5 Bedroom Duplex With pent house For Sale In Lekki Phase 1. 07037846174. / Service Self Contained Apartment For Rent At Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.