Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. (969 Views)

Tourist Trapped On Australian Island After Being Stalked By A Crocodile / Islamic Sharia Law Declared Source Of New Libya Legislation--ntc / 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by Akpan107(m): 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia Muslims who want to live under Islamic
Sharia law were told on Wednesday to
get out of Australia, as the government
targeted radicals in a bid to head off
potential terror attacks. Separately, Gillard angered some
Australian Muslims on Wednesday by
saying she supported spy agencies
monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST
ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their
culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali,
we have experienced a surge in
patriotism by the majority of Australians. 'This culture has been developed over two
centuries of struggles, trials and victories
by millions of men and women who have
sought freedom. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish,
Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
Russian, or any other language. Therefore,
if you wish to become part of our society,
learn the language! 'Most Australians believe in God. This is
not some Christian, right wing, political
push, but a fact, because Christian men
and women, on Christian principles,
founded this nation, and this is clearly
documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If
God offends you, then I suggest you
consider another part of the world as your
new home, because God is part of our
culture.' 'We will accept your beliefs, and will not
question why. All we ask is that you
accept ours, and live in harmony and
peaceful enjoyment with us. 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR
LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every
opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you
are done complaining, whining, and
griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our
Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of
one other great Australian freedom, 'THE
RIGHT TO LEAVE'. 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We
didn't force you to come here. You asked
to be here. So accept the country that
accepted you.

3 Likes

Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Gbam! I totally love this, She has said it all. If they can't accept it, let them go drown in the ocean. I hope we still have principled Christians in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nd wat abt dhat
Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
What a brave and bitter truth...

1 Like

Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by MaleoPearls(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
I'll have to agree with her.

1 Like

Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by wonlasewonimi: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good on you Julia...it even happens on here on this forum where you can't comment if you're non muslim. Can they allow all the fuckery in UAE?

1 Like

Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by usermane(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
I think the Minister sounded too harsh. Don't get me wrong, i stand firmly against Sharia Law on both political, social and moral ground but i believe when you have ignorant people seeking for draconian and medieval law where humane and civil law already exist, it is more essential to prove their fallacy than bluntly rejecting their demand.

I believe that relative to the excessive noise on whether to implement Sharia Law or not, there is too little enquiry on its decrees and rulings.
Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by ArtanK(m): 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
An overwrought statement from her side. Only extremists are dumb enough to even think of implementing Sharia in Australia. There vast majority of Muslims in Australia are moderate Muslims, that's why the country has never been the target of extremists.
PM Gillard shouldn't have given the few nutjobs among Muslims a platform to spew their stupidity, she should've encouraged normal Muslims to work with the government in order to stop the radicalisation of the youth together.
Re: Australian Minister's Replys Muslims Who Want Islamic Sharia Law In Her Country. by usermane(m): 5:40am On Nov 23, 2014
ArtanK has spoken well. Unfortunately extremists or ultra conservatives are often louder and more influential than moderate Muslims.

Many Muslims migrate from Middle East to the West in order to be free of shackles of Sharia and religious zealotry. Unfortunately, through the radical preachings, their Children are radicalized and before you know it, they are applying for autonomy of Muslim community and implementation of Sharia law.

The least the Australian government can do at this point is reject Sharia. Most Muslims wouldn't migrate as far as Australia to live under extremist, inhumane, misorgynist rules that they left behind in the Middle east.

(1) (Reply)

Syria Conflict: ISIS 'destroyed Helicopters' At Russian Base / Little American Boy Claims He Was Fat-shamed By Santa [watch Heartbreaking Video / US Paid $1B To Green Climate Fund, Top Polluters Paid $0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.