Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp (966 Views)

Nigeria And Cameroon / Onila See How Cameroon Is Rebuilding Bakassi / Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Cameroonian authorities have issued birth certificates to more than 235 children born to refugees at the United Nations Camp in Zamay near Maroua in Cameroon.

However it was not clear if the children were given Nigerian birth certificates or they are to enjoy Cameroonian citizenship.

Executive Director of Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, quoting sources in the camp, said the refugees had been in the Cameroonian camp since July, 2013.

He regretted that the activities of Boko Haram have continued to deny future Nigerians of their rightful citizenship.

Lipdo said, “Today, November 18, Cameroonian authorities issued birth certificates to 235 children born to Nigerian refugees at the UN Camp in Zamay near Maroua in Cameroon since July 2, 2013.

“It is unfortunate that as long as Boko Haram prevails, these generation of Nigerians may never get to know the benefit of their ancestral home.”

Punch

http://www.cameroononline.org/cameroon-gives-235-nigerians-birth-certificates-refugee-camp/#comment-359369
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by tpia6: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
so, are these children considered a new chapter in cameroon or what?

why is there is much publicity about the birth certificates and are their actual dates of birth not on them?

in any case, take good care of them, thanks.

and, dont send them back to attack nigeria o.
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by tpia6: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
“It is unfortunate that as long as Boko Haram prevails, these generation of Nigerians may never get to know the benefit of their ancestral home.”

why not?

the nigerian govt can relocate them to somewhere else in nigeria, or move them overseas for an education after which they can return home if they are so inclined.

they just have to change their names, tribes, etc. Take up new identities so boko haram cant track them.
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by tpia6: 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
So the op posted and ran away or something?

He's happy some nigerians can now claim cameroon or what?
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
tpia6:
so, are these children considered a new chapter in cameroon or what?

why is there is much publicity about the birth certificates and are their actual dates of birth not on them?

in any case, take good care of them, thanks.

and, dont send them back to attack nigeria o.

Punch reported the news and as you probably know It's a Nigerian media outlet, they seem to see it as a big deal
G
I don't see the too much publicity, as we can see It's only one article + It was written by a foreign media outlet
Well I think the primary goal of a birth certificate is to tell the date of birth so I doubt that's the case

Am pretty sure they are not complaining

Do you know something we don't?
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
tpia6:

why not?

the nigerian govt can relocate them to somewhere else in nigeria, or move them overseas for an education after which they can return home if they are so inclined.

they just have to change their names, tribes, etc. Take up new identities so boko haram cant track them.

Relocation sounds like a good idea , I wonder why the fg is not doing so , in fact I remember saying on this forum before. Boko becomes more dangerous, that the people from affected states should b displaced(checked first ) maybe it sounds naive but I doubt the boko will check themselves in or drop their weapons, so they would have stayed and the na would have been able to kill them without worrying about civilian casualties
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
tpia6:
So the op posted and ran away or something?

He's happy some nigerians can now claim cameroon or what?

Why would I ran away ?

The article and other videos show that we are doing our best to cater for the thousands of refugees who arrive here on a daily basis, since according to some people here we have a hand here why are we helping them ?

There are already Nigerian doing so, and tit doesn't move one bit
What bother me are the conspiracy theories which tend to present us as a wicked country, bent on killing Nigerian and destroying Nigeria
Re: Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp by tpia6: 3:37am On Nov 21, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

The article and other videos show that we are doing our best to cater for the thousands of refugees who arrive here on a daily basis,

umhum, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

I Have 4 Spirits Guarding Me, I Had A Child At 19 – Ooni Of Ife / See Pics Of Asians Way Won Turn To Black While Our People Won White / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.