Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) (110177 Views)

Should I Include Every Job I Hold On My CV? / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / 15 Basic Skills Every Job Seeker Should Have. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by smoothg: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2009
Thanks for all your contributions and links. I first met this thread sometime in 2008 and I've learnt a lot from it even though I don't have much to contribute to it.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by Osondup: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2009
There's this arguement I saw in one thread about what to wear to a job interview. This thread can provide that answer uniquely or can't we?
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by Sukerm: 11:05am On Jan 20, 2009
@yeepee and followking. Just know that black is beautiful. Today, Obama is being inaugurated as the 44th president of the United States, the most powerful nation on earth. What does that tell you about being black?
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by susulakaja: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2009
All black people should now have every reason to be proud of their skin colour and would no longer take the excuse of underperforming as a function of their being black. God bless dudu. Now go search for work!
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by mulato: 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2009
I just finished waatching Obama being sworn in. No sight would have been more beautiful to behold.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by jobnig: 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2009
Getting a job is not just about wearing nice dresses to the interview. You must be able to answer questions put to you eloquently and demonstrate your practical abilities satisfactorily.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by smoothg: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2009
Employers interview short-listed candidates to find out such candidates who are most suitable for the job in question and can really add value to the company by their service. Take the case of a Departmental Store Manager vacancy. Here, the employers would look for a candidate who has profound experience in selling fast moving consumer goods, managing people efficiently, improving bottom lines, understanding buyer moods and preferences, knowing accounting jobs and has overall managerial acumen. They would be interested to know from your past record whether you headed any Departmental Store and what has been the performance of the outlet during your regime.

So, if you are short-listed for an interview for this opening, to positively impress the Board, you must orient your career objectives, purposes, vision and past experience related responses in a manner that they amply demonstrate your capabilities, thoughts and expertise of being a successful Departmental Store Manager. Remember, if you have been a successful manager with a recreational center in the past, you must still talk about customer satisfaction, profitability, product diversification and employee motivation as your key strengths instead of maybe your higher-level understanding of recreational tools or appreciating human psyche
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by MaxiDad: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2009
Job interview dressing tip. I'll post more

1. Do not wear outlandish dress like jeans, t-shirts, tights shorts, sneakers etc for an interview. Whatever may be the profile of the organization and its dress ethics, it’s always better to go there in your best formals. Make sure your dress is neat and tidy. As a must carry accessory, don’t forget the notebook and the pen for noting down important things.

2. Women may go in dark color conservative suit with matching blouse. The hairstyle must be simple and professional. You must avoid putting on a lot of jewelry. Use light hosiery, a gentle perfume and have your nails manicured. Do not forget to carry a portfolio or briefcase.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by Potporch: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2009
Good post!
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by jobovers: 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2009
Real thanks.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by Osondup: 9:58am On Jan 26, 2009
As a way of beating this hard times, one could learn Fixed Odds Trading(which is better than forex). They explained it well on www.jobnownow.com
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by meekm: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2009
It's worth trying out but do not invest what you cannot afford to lose
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by omomioba: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2009
Even if you are working for another person or company, it's good to be running your own part-time business. It is very tasking but it's worth it.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by denny4ril: 11:59am On Sep 12, 2009
the format of ur CV and its content matters. Watch out for how u present yourself to the employer. this is wat matters in the long run
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by JohnSwansea: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hello does a regular on here mange to visit this site and see it clearly on their mobile phone eg. blackberry? Any instruction gratefully received as to which is the best way to access this place on the move. I am looking to change my mobile phone shortly
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by TYPOP(m): 5:27am On Mar 25, 2010
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by FunmyKemmy(f): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2010
;d
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by poyoyo: 10:30pm On May 03, 2010
Goodday,

We are a company based in the UK and we specialize in CV making. We help people improve their CV (curriculum vitae) to get a better chance in the employment market. I do have to honestly specify that we dont offer jobs when creating a good CV but just simply improve your CV standard and make you stand out more than other people in the employment market. In the UK having a good CV that shows the main areas the employers want is very vital to many companies.

As we are just a new company coming into the Nigerian market, charges for CV would be 2,000 naira each. We also give free help and advice in job searches and travelling abroad.

If anyone is interested in making their CV (curriculum vitae) stand out to employers can contact me on viviangoldencv@googlemail.com
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by olarjims: 8:39pm On May 07, 2010
A good reputable NGO located in Ogun State, Nigeria require the services of a licensed Truck Driver.
Experience: 4 - 15 years
Salary: Very Attractive and Negotiable.

Interested candidate should please call: 08072850195; 08089195165 or forward their CV to olajims@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by olarjims: 8:40pm On May 07, 2010
A good reputable NGO located in Ogun State, Nigeria require the services of a licensed Truck Driver.
Experience: 4 - 15 years
Salary: Very Attractive and Negotiable.

Interested candidate should please call: 08072850195; 08089195165 or forward their CV to olajims@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by talk2joel(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pls, I still have problem finding where the cv is located. Help me out
Re: Latest Cv & Application Writing Format (a Must Read For Every Job Seeker) by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2016
I couldn't access examples. Can some one please help me out? cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Recruitment 2019! -invitation For Oral Interview / Apply For The 2018 Stanbic IBTC Fresh Graduate Trainee Program / Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee 2018 Recruitment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.