Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Bitter-sweet Experience With The Super-eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bitter-sweet Experience With The Super-eagles (634 Views)

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles / Finally , A Bitter Sweet Ending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bitter-sweet Experience With The Super-eagles by Fetus(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2014
With heavy heart......i write...
As a super-eagles fan, i have learnt alot...
I have learnt never to expect anything from anybody..
I have learnt to rise quickly whenever i fall...
I have learnt that being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent...
I have learnt never to celebrate prematurely; until the war is really over...
I have learnt to fear the unknown...
Really, it has been a bitter-sweet experience...

I remember vividly how we lost the Germany 2006W/C ticket; on the last day of qualification matches, we defeated zimbabwe 5-1 in abuja and expected a favourable result in Rwanda( Rwanda needed to beat Angola for us to qualify) Angola scored an 89th minute goal via Fabrice Akwa; to deny us the ticket...that's really bitter...i wept like a baby and the whole street went quiet..

I remember how we made it to 2010 world Cup is south-africa..we were almost out of the ticket race until a miracle happened; we needed to win in nairobi, kenya and hoped for a fair result in maputo( mozambique vs tunisia). We were 2-1 down against Kenya before Obafemi Martins changed the match (3-2) in favour of nigeria; i didn't take my dinner that night as i was filled with joy, that my beloved country will be in south-africa..... unknown indeed sweet..

I remember in 2011 enroute Gabon-E/guinea 2012 Afcon. We failed here in abuja when we needed a victory against Guinea but ended up playing(2-2)draw...
My heart was broken again...it's really bitter...

I remember in 2013 Afcon in south-Africa; how many people were scared when we learnt we playing Ivory-coast( Africa's finest team then) in the q/final; even the NFF officials had already booked returning tickets( even before playing the match oo).....against all odds, the super-eagles did not only defeated the Elephants of Ivory-coast but also went on to claim the Afcon title for the third time...indeed, i was happy....what a sweet experience...

Yesterday,( i refuse to be heartbroken) the Eagles needed just any margin of victory against south-africa; even if it's 1/2-0. But here we are again they failed me...they raised my hope when they defeated congo away, they made me believed it was all over until the unknown stoped us from making it to E/guinea again( habi na Deja Vu?)....Really, i'm hurt; ojutiri...being a super-eagles fan.. FARO A.A
Re: Bitter-sweet Experience With The Super-eagles by ukukaegbu(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2014
My brother, ndo...kpele
Re: Bitter-sweet Experience With The Super-eagles by Fetus(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2014
ukukaegbu:
My brother, ndo...kpele
...it's really humiliating

(1) (Reply)

Watford Want Egwuekwe / Lionel Messi Now The Higest Goal Scorer In La Liga History / Argentina Coach Gerardo Martino Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.