Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe (14382 Views)

Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Myles Munroe The False Teacher Dies / Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 12:31am On Nov 21, 2014
[size=16pt]WHY WE SHOULD NOT MOURN THE DEATH OF DR MYLES MUNROE[/size]

by David Oludairo (culled from Facebook).

First things first. My heartfelt condolences to the immediate and the Church families of Dr Myles Munroe, his wife, and the other people on board the crashed aircraft. The same commiseration goes to the nation of Bahamas, and the body of Christ at large.

I first read about the passing of Dr Myles Munroe (MM) in the wee hours of Monday, and later woke up to a massive, endless stream of eulogy from Christians of every shade of the faith. Some thanked God for his life, some expressed shock and sadness at his sudden demise. Some respectfully asked God why He would take His ‘general’ at the prime of his life. Another rhetorically asked this: “How does this death glorify God?”

I was struck by the sheer volume of the reaction and the expression of sorrow that trailed MM’s death. And this bears testimony to the positive impact that his life had on God’s people. Very inspiring. And very commendable. So why has his death caused so much pain and sadness. Here are a few reasons why I think we should not mourn him.

1) MM has done a lot for Christianity. He spoke and wrote vastly on one of the most important elements of the Christian faith – fulfilling God’s purpose for each of our individual lives. He touched millions and millions of lives all over the world. Definitely, this was not a wasted life.

2) The devil DID NOT kill MM. God took him. And God always does the right things at the right time. Perhaps, MM’s allotted time on this side of eternity was up and over. A recent development in his ministry sparked off this thought. Although I do not fully understand MM’s theology (because I’ve not studied it closely), but l was gravely concerned when he advocated in a recent sermon that Christians should not preach Jesus, but should instead focus on preaching God’s Kingdom. He actually said Jesus is not the good news. A lot of Christians were alarmed that MM has considerable resources, influence, and clout to advance this evil teaching widely. And because of this erroneous teaching, some believers will begin to preach God’s Kingdom – minus its exalted King.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not relieved that MM’s passing away has saved the body of Christ the hassle of battling that wrong teaching. It will be callous of any Christian to rejoice at the error of a fellow soldier. Rather, my relief comes from the fact that the Lord probably took MM because he has completed his assignment here. And if he continues to linger at the scene, blemish may start seeping in. Errors may start creeping in. One of the greatest favours that I believe God can do for any Christian, and I pray this for myself, is to recall us home as soon as our task is done here.

This idea comes from the lives and ministries of John the Baptist and Hezekiah. My theory here is a bit speculative and I stand to be corrected. The task of John the Baptist was to be a fore-runner of Jesus – to prepare His way, and to introduce Him to the nation of Israel. If John had died at the completion of his task (in John 1:19-37), perhaps he would not have fallen into the trap of questioning/doubting the status of Jesus as the Messiah (Matthew 11:3). Yet, it was for this same task that John had been miraculously born and commissioned. There is a lesson for us here.

Then, there is the matter of Hezekiah. After he appealed for the extension of his life, the most enduring legacy he left was the birth of Manasseh, who was adjudged to be the worst king that Judah ever had. The whole nation went into captivity on account of his iniquity before the Lord! (Jeremiah 15:4). Perhaps, Hezekiah’s name and the history of Israel would not have been sullied if Hezekiah had died when the Lord wanted to take him home?

These two instances, in addition to the lives of many more contemporary servants of God, have led me to conclude that overtime on spiritual assignments may be very dangerous. So, it may be safer, and thus more joyful, for the Lord to recall us home as soon as we are done here.

3) The present back-slidden state of the Church has somewhat dimmed our vision and longing for heaven. In the last few decades, we have been trained to be more attached to this world than is good for our spiritual health. This is what I mean. Every disciple of Christ is a soldier. And this world is a battlefield for us. We have no continuing city here. No continuing joy. No continuing interests, outside the interest of the Kingdom. So when that Kingdom recalls us, it can ONLY be a good thing that we are going home.

Please imagine this scenario. President Obama, as the Commander-in-Chief of the American forces, recalls a soldier from Afghanistan because he has completed his tour of duty. Will his comrades mourn him? Will they be sad for him? Will they question Obama’s action? No! They will be glad that the guy has fought a good fight and gone back home to his family. It will raise their hope, and cause them to excitedly look forward to the day they will also leave the arid desert of Afghanistan to head back home to the bountiful American dream. Home is good. Isn’t this how we Christians should view death?

4) I do not believe the death of MM is a loss to the body of Christ. This is a worldly concept that we believers usually parrot without thinking it through. How is the death of MM a loss to the body of Christ? The ‘magic’ in MM was NOT innate. It had nothing to do with him per se. The ‘magic’ in Him was the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit does not die. It was the Holy Spirit that manifested Himself through the MM vessel, and so all the accolades we pour on MM (as well as other men of God) actually belong to Him. Even as I write, the Holy Spirit can choose to manifest Himself in a double measure of MM’s anointing in ANY other vessel – perhaps you? Or your next convert? It is never a loss to Christianity when an expired vessel is retired. It is not about the man of God – it is about the GOD IN THE MAN. And, thankfully, He does not die. So there is no loss. Just a change of guard. (This does not mean we cannot appreciate MoGs for yielding themselves to be used by Him).

5) There is a positive dimension to the passing on of our dear brother. It is a shocking reminder of our mortality. A jolting, reality-check that even highly anointed persons can die mid-stream. That God has not signed a bond of Methuselah-life-span with His children. It is a finish-and-go calling. Stephen finished early and was stoned. Apostle James finished early and was beheaded. How many years did God give YOU to fulfil your ministry on earth? Perhaps, like me, you do not know. This should remind us what the Christian life is all about – a labour field where labourers can be recalled home with little, or no notice.

“I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work,” those are the words of Jesus in John 9:4. MM had engagements scheduled till the end of this year, and probably long into the coming years. He will not honour any of those commitments. Night has come for him. Suddenly.

In essence, our shock, sadness, regret, and similar sentiments over MM’s passing, while legitimate, will be an exercise in futility if we are unable to constructively channel these reactions into a steely resolve to be better soldiers of Christ. Soldiers that have a full understanding of the danger of the days we live in. Soldiers whose only goal on this battlefield is to do the will of the Father, and to finish His work (John 4:34). Soldiers that fulfil purpose.

That, in any case, is the central message of the work of Dr Myles Munroe. And he died doing just that. So, let us not sorrow as the world, rather let us rejoice that one of our own has gone home to his reward. “And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. (Revelation 14:13)

The man we should mourn is the man that does not finish his task before meeting His maker. We should set up a huge mourning party for such a man. For he has wasted his life, and will account for wasted talent. Dr Myles Munroe was not such a man, so our sadness does absolutely nothing for him. Both our tears, and our prayers, are totally useless to the dead. Let us rather turn in love to all those that have been bereaved by this accident – let us pray for them, give to them, and stand rock solid by them in this challenging times. That, in itself, is part of our purpose here.

Thanks for reading. God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 12:46am On Nov 21, 2014
I had struggled to write a commentary on the death of Myles Munroe but thanks to Facebook, someone else has done it for me; thus I share his views here heartily.

However, following the second point he raised on Munroe choosing not to preach Jesus but his Kingdom, I am not convinced Myles Munroe preached the biblical gospel. I believe his doctrine on PURPOSE seperated from the PERSON of purpose rendered the messages he preached a false gospel.

I sincerely pray he finds mercy for his soul before God.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 21, 2014
Hmmm..nice write up..I never knew him much but with his few wise words I'av heard,he was actually a great man
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by cardoso111(m): 1:52am On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:
I had struggled to write a commentary on the death of Myles Munroe but thanks to Facebook, someone else has done it for me; thus I share his views here heartily.

However, following the second point he raised on Munroe choosing not to preach Jesus but his Kingdom, I am not convinced Myles Munroe preached the biblical gospel. I believe his doctrine on PURPOSE seperated from the PERSON of purpose rendered the messages he preached a false gospel.

I sincerely pray he finds mercy for his soul before God.

Your. iews are very sgrong and positive!
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by tpia6: 3:11am On Nov 21, 2014
were the other people on that plane invisible?

you people should stop sugar coating this matter nah.

its not biblical.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 6:07am On Nov 21, 2014
tpia6:
were the other people on that plane invisible?

you people should stop sugar coating this matter nah.

its not biblical.

You are being vague here. Please make your point clear enough.

Who mentioned plane here?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2014
Wow! I had to read this over and over, the OP said a lot in few words. Bless him.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by vooks: 7:02am On Nov 21, 2014
Where did he say these words? Videos please
WinsomeX:

2) The devil DID NOT kill MM. God took him. And God always does the right things at the right time. Perhaps, MM’s allotted time on this side of eternity was up and over. A recent development in his ministry sparked off this thought. Although I do not fully understand MM’s theology (because I’ve not studied it closely), but l was gravely concerned when he advocated in a recent sermon that Christians should not preach Jesus, but should instead focus on preaching God’s Kingdom. He actually said Jesus is not the good news. A lot of Christians were alarmed that MM has considerable resources, influence, and clout to advance this evil teaching widely. And because of this erroneous teaching, some believers will begin to preach God’s Kingdom – minus its exalted King.

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by Omexonomy: 7:43am On Nov 21, 2014
Mr. Op so many christian preacher are always preaching in error esp when it comes to whether jesus is God or not, the doctrine of once save always be save no matter the amount of sin commited, harmmering on malachi cause and blessing on tithe payers, baptism by inffusion and immersion, encouraging people to marry more than one wife as was done in patriachal times. So many errors filled messages. Yet God did not take their lives then why miles monroe

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by dein77(m): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2014
As long as we're on this side of Jordan, there are a whole lot of things we shall never fully comprehend such as the sudden and tragic death of Dr Myles Monroe.

We can only know in part. .....

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Omexonomy:
Mr. Op so many christian preacher are always preaching in error esp when it comes to whether jesus is God or not, the doctrine of once save always be save no matter the amount of sin commited, harmmering on malachi cause and blessing on tithe payers, baptism by inffusion and immersion, encouraging people to marry more than one wife as was done in patriachal times. So many errors filled messages. Yet God did not take their lives then why miles monroe

I believe we must acknowledge that God isn't saying he will take all that preach a wrong gospel out of the scene. We will always have the tares among wheat within the body of Christ. Those elements of the evil one who plant a separate, though a look-alike seed(word) to that of God. They will be separated by God on the day of our Lord according to the book.

Mat 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”

On the other hand we have those who God had predestined, called, justified and glorified according to His purpose. I believe Munroe to be one of such people. I am in accord with the OP that God took His son- MM from the scene at His own appointed time.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by vooks: 8:55am On Nov 21, 2014
I agree with you on the highlighted. They crept in well BEFORE Paul checked out.

Acts 20:29-30 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.

shdemidemi:

I believe we must acknowledge that God isn't saying he will take all that preach a wrong gospel out of the scene. We will always have the tares among wheat within the body of Christ. Those elements of the evil one who plant a separate, though a look-alike seed(word) to that of God. They will be separated by God on the day of our Lord according to the book.

Mat 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”

On the other hand we have those who God had predestined, called, justified and glorified according to His purpose. I believe Munroe to be one of such people. I am in accord with the OP that God took His son- MM from the scene at His own appointed time.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:

Somebody showed us the video once. I am sure you can find it on YouTube
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
Omexonomy:

I am sure the OP did not say Myles Munroe died because he taught error. Rather he was debating that his time was up. He mentioned an erroneous teaching which I then explained was at the root of a false gospel he taught. Neither myself or the OP has said he died for teaching error.

Experience has shown false prophets living into their Nineties, while true teachers dying in their thirties, including Jesus. The length of our days is God's prerogative. The important thing is to live well enough to earn the commendation at the end: "... good and faithful servant..."
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by MaziOmenuko: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Like tpia rightly asked; where the other people on the plane invisible? From what you're trying to write, God took him away; did God lump together every person he wished to take away at that particular time and then allow the plane to crash so he can 'rapture' them?

Just need some clarification on that.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by vooks: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
There is tendency to romanticize death. I'd stick with scriptures; Munroe is sleeping, slept with his fathers....
This idea of calling is breeding unnecessary questions such as what you are aksin

Munroe was the most prominent of all those who perished. If Goodluck perished (he won't) in a crash with ten other senior guys, focus of the tragedy would be him because of his prominence.

MaziOmenuko:
Like tpia rightly asked; where the other people on the plane invisible? From what you're trying to write, God took him away; did God lump together every person he wished to take away at that particular time and then allow the plane to crash so he can 'rapture' them?

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by vooks: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
Will do, I need to hear it first

WinsomeX:

Somebody showed us the video once. I am sure you can find it on YouTube
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by MaziOmenuko: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

You are being vague here. Please make your point clear enough.

Who mentioned plane here?

WinsomeX:

First things first. My heartfelt condolences to the immediate and the Church families of Dr Myles Munroe, his wife, and the other people on board the crashed aircraft. The same commiseration goes to the nation of Bahamas, and the body of Christ at large.

Need it in more brighter colors than red?

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

Need it in more brighter colors than red?

I get your point.

Though I still maintain that the OP is not really about the crash but death; however, your quote points out there were others on board the plane too, a fact that cannot be denied.

Taking from vooks position, the matter of death is beyond us. Some of us not in sync with Munroe theology might be tempted to think the crash is God's judgement on him but that will be delving into realms we are not permitted to walk in.

My simple answer is this: all of them died because it was God's Time for them to die. Period. I have no further explanation to give but I am open to whatever you think.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

I believe there could be two reasons why the people who seem to be innocent from our human understanding die along side God's people. We must realise God knew the end of everyone before they ever had the opportunity to be born. Whether we like to accept it or not God has not called every man and not all has been called in to active service for God on earth.

1) The death of those people if they were called signify that they have reached the end of the purpose they were created for.

2) the second reason could be that they were never called by God.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:

Check it out here: --> https://www.nairaland.com/1992746/late-dr-munroe-taught-jesus

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
^^^

OLAADEGBU:
Prominent Pentecostal Preacher Killed in Plane Crash Taught ‘Jesus Is Not the Gospel’
November 11, 2014 | Filed under: Apostasy,Top Stories,World | By: Heather Clark

But while he faced resistance from the secular world, Christians also expressed concern about other teachings that Monroe promulgated, including his assertion that the message of the gospel is not about Christ’s death and resurrection. These concerns were renewed following word that Monroe had lost his life this past weekend as some considered the legacy that he left behind.

“Jesus is not the gospel,” he stated in a sermon entitled “The Gospel of the Kingdom,” the entirety of which is posted below. “Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom. He did not preach Himself. … The good news is the Kingdom, not Jesus.”

“[T]he gospel is not you must be born again,” Monroe also asserted. “Jesus never preached [being] born again; as a matter of fact, he only mentioned born again once in the entire four gospels. … And he only mentioned it to an old man at three o’clock in the night who woke him up.”

He contended that Christians should rather appeal to the lost by primarily telling them about the benefits Christ offers in His Kingdom as he stated that Jesus was simply a means to an end.

“Do you know why the people on your job really hate Christians right now? Because you are preaching to them Jesus Christ,” Monroe said. “You don’t [need to] be talking about blood and nails and the spear in His side, because that’s not what you’re supposed to be talking about. You’ve got to be talking about how to solve people’s problems. … People aren’t worried about no blood on no cross. They’re worried about how they’re going to make it through the day.”

Despite outrage over Monroe’s comments, those who characterized Monroe as a false teacher are saddened by his passing and ask that others be considerate and not insensitive during this time.

“I didn’t care much for his ministry, but I will not tolerate any gloating over his death,” wrote one man who had exposed Monroe’s unbiblical teaching online. “Our Heavenly Father doesn’t rejoice over the death of the wicked and neither will I.”

http://christiannews.net/2014/11/11/prominent-pentecostal-preacher-killed-in-plane-crash-taught-jesus-is-not-the-gospel/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DllQ5-ZimU
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by MaziOmenuko: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

My simple answer is this: all of them died because it was God's Time for them to die. Period. I have no further explanation to give but I am open to whatever you think.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Read the last line over again: I don't believe a plane crash is an expected end

God's time for them to die would have been more tolerable if it were an expected end; sleep peacefully and pass on. Get some brain tumor, people be made aware of the dangers of brain tumor because you're suffering it, make some donations on its research before passing on. But a plane crash? ***shivers*** no corpse for your family members to see?

Trust me, that's a horrible death

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

God's time for them to die would have been more tolerable if it were an expected end; sleep peacefully and pass on. Get some brain tumor, people be made aware of the dangers of brain tumor because you're suffering it, make some donations on its research before passing on. But a plane crash? ***shivers*** no corpse for your family members to see?

Was the death of Jesus an expected end?

Was it good?
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by tpia6: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

My simple answer is this: all of them died because it was God's Time for them to die.

can you support your assumption with the bible.

its a pity unbelievers laugh at christians when they rather ignore what is openly obvious because they dont want to gain understanding.

if a unbeliever knows why the crash happened, is it christians who must insist on remaining ignorant? To what purpose and how does it benefit you?

Unless, of course, you are simply playing the gullible.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by tpia6: 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
A recent development in his ministry sparked off this thought

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

tpia6:

can you support your assumption with the bible.

its a pity unbelievers laugh at christians when they rather ignore what is openly obvious because they dont want to gain understanding.

if a unbeliever knows why the crash happened, is it christians who must insist on remaining ignorant? To what purpose and how does it benefit you?

Unless, of course, you are simply playing the gullible.

Do you both have any other suggestion as to why they died?
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by MaziOmenuko: 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

Was the death of Jesus an expected end?

Was it good?

Let me believe that you are honestly trying to satisfy my curiosity with your response, but you're really not helping your points with the reply.

The mission of Jesus (life, sufferings and death) was for us not to experience same sufferings and death. (1Pet2:24, Rom 4:25, John3:25, John 3:16, Is 53:5, 2Cor 8:9 and many more).

Stop shooting yourself on the foot abeg.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by MaziOmenuko: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

So since we can't find another logical cause of the plane crash, we should subscribe to the theory that his 'anti' gospel message made God to take him away before the message goes viral?

Very enlightening.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

Let me believe that you are honestly trying to satisfy my curiosity with your response, but you're really not helping your points with the reply.

The mission of Jesus (life, sufferings and death) was for us not to experience same sufferings and death. (1Pet2:24, Rom 4:25, John3:25, John 3:16, Is 53:5, 2Cor 8:9 and many more).

Stop shooting yourself on the foot abeg.

Christianity never promised you a life without challenges, sufferings, persecutions or physical death (regardless of how it comes). It encourages you to endure, persevere and hope with the help of the comforter.
2 Tim 2
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by WinsomeX: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

And I find your answer here:

MaziOmenuko:

The mission of Jesus (life, sufferings and death) w[b]as for us not to experience same sufferings and death[/b]. (1Pet2:24, Rom 4:25, John3:25, John 3:16, Is 53:5, 2Cor 8:9 and many more)

Well I can tell where you are coming from. You are a child of the modern false gospel of prosperity and I have little patience with people like you. My position is clearly stated in the first two post. If the above is how you see his death, good for you.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by BabaGnoni: 12:00am On Nov 22, 2014
Myles Munroe was "taken out" by God for reason(s) best known to Him and not because of a "false gospel"
- also there are no two ways around it, whenever, the breath owner asks for His breath back, one is marked and time is up

No doubt Myles Munroe was pro-WoF but the fact is, he was a "his own man" kind of WoF affiliate
- with his theology and particularly the Gospel of the Kingdom (i.e. Good News of the Kingdom), he stood head and shoulders above most in the WoF clique.

I endorse Myles Munroe 95% on the entirety of the video
- He is right and he in no way diminished the good thing about Calvary, Resurrection, healing etc

Note that Myles Munroe lately, wasn't raw and off the chain as he used to be years ago
so, if a "false gospel" was perpetuated by Myles Munroe, he would have be "taken out" by God a long time ago.

This gospel Myles Munroe preached and taught, is the gospel Jesus Christ taught too, and same with Paul after Jesus Christ

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself,
so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus,
to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God,
shall see my face no more.

- Acts 20:24-25 KJ Bible

30And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
31Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ,
with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

- Acts 28:30-31 KJ Bible

The video has just brought happy recollections and thinking back to all I learned from his videos and/or books which made sense of quite a few things
- a lot of nuggets, precious stones and gems in that video, almost nothing to fault in it all

I do not mourn Myles Munroe but I am delighted he had the understanding of the Gospel of the Kingdom, and that he shared and explained it, among other things.

Paul preached what Jesus preached. He preached the Good News Jesus preached (i.e. he preached what Jesus preached)

Myles Munroe did nothing differently, he was sentising the "church" to the "First Love" (i.e. the Good News Jesus preached)

Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me
- 2 Corinthians 2:12 NIV

We (i.e. the "church'') have reversed the points and reversed the order too. We teach about Jesus first, and then the Kingdom, if at all it's preached/taught

Jesus didn't preach or teach about his death or resurrection in public, He preached and taught about the Kingdom

Jesus is the entry point into the Kingdom. Whoever goes to Shoprite, but stays at the door, not going into Shoprite? None
No one hears or sees adverts about Shoprite's door. The advert is ALWAYS about Shoprite itself and not the door
The Shoprite's door is crucial and important to enter Shoprite, nonetheless the attraction, curiosity and matter of greatest importance is to be inside Shoprite

Jesus the Door, publicly preached about the Kingdom and not Himself, the Door
- last stop is the Kingom of God or Kingdom of Heaven and not Jesus

The "false teacher" opinion, is formed about Myles Munroe, usually beforehand without knowledge or examination of the facts he taught.
- I think Myles Munroe is often prejudiced against because of the leadership training and the elements of WoF (e.g. tithing, hustle etc) in him, these beclouds the real issues of the Gospel of the Kingdom he tried to teach and explain

Re: Jesus Never Died, Said Myles Munroe The Occultist
https://www.nairaland.com/1579172/jesus-never-died-said-myles#20648951

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! / Photos : Lagos Begins Airlift Of Pilgrims / 2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.