Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe (14414 Views)

Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Myles Munroe The False Teacher Dies / Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 6:01am On Nov 23, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Yes it was on earth, and no, it wasn't the kingdom of heaven.

I said and called it an OUTPOST

You remember Lord Frederick Lugard, don't you?
You know who he was and what he represented in Nigeria?
You know his title or office?
If yes, well then, Adam was a Lord Frederick Lugard like and Eden was his Nigeria equivalent

I guess you can suss out the rest with those clues

It isn't so bro, if I agree with you it will then mean Eden was a temporal habitat for Adam. This is obviously not so. Eden was the perfect domicile God created for man. There was no plan to move him away from all that Eden presented- God's presence, no curse hence no needs, no ill health and there was longevity. Everything we lack and strive in the world today is the satisfaction we lost as a result of the fall. Unfortunately, nothing can bring Eden to the world today because nothing ever satisfies our innate needs. Man was pushed out of the Eden to the world, our only way back to Eden is through a righteousness that comes by believing the 'good news' of Jesus Christ (death, burial and resurrection).

We must distinguish between the 'world' and the 'earth'. We must understand the world is a system on earth, therefore, the world(system) would eventually come to an end but the earth remains forever.

That takes us to the next point we must distinguish the 'Kingdom of God' and the 'Kingdom of Heaven'. The Kingdom of God is the universal and eternal rule of God. The Kingdom of Heaven is the earthly sphere of the Kingdom of God, the coming Messianic reign of Jesus Christ, the Son of David. Matthew's Gospel gives a clearer picture of the kingdom to come, it is the book of the King and His coming Kingdom, it looks to His heavenly rule over the earth in the soon-coming millennium.

Jesus said- John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. [size=19pt]I go to prepare a place for you.[/size]

Many erroneously think jesus said he will go prepare a mansion for us in His father's house. The book does not say so, Jesus is actually going to prepare a place within the mansion. This place wouldn't be our permanent home because we will all make our way back to earth with christ to rule the earth with Him.

BabaGnoni:

God has always been in the kingdom business. This from Eden, at some time with the Israelites and like you said "Jesus will also be coming back to earth to rule according to the prophetic books"

"Do everything they say to you," the LORD replied,
"for it is me they are rejecting, not you.
They don't want me to be their king any longer."

- 1 Samuel 8:7 NLT

What israel had was an invisible king. The prophecy they had was the coming of this invisible king in human form to come rule over His people. Israel was expecting Jesus but when He came, for the hardness of their heart they rejected him. Some jews are yet waiting for Jesus even today, they find it hard to believe he had come and he had left.

BabaGnoni:

I agree shdemidemi, but can you please point me to where rapture is in the bible?
1 Thessalonians 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by BabaGnoni: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
It isn't so bro, if I agree with you it will then mean Eden was a temporal habitat for Adam. This is obviously not so. Eden was the perfect domicile God created for man. There was no plan to move him away from all that Eden presented- God's presence, no curse hence no needs, no ill health and there was longevity. Everything we lack and strive in the world today is the satisfaction we lost as a result of the fall. Unfortunately, nothing can bring Eden to the world today because nothing ever satisfies our innate needs. Man was pushed out of the Eden to the world, our only way back to Eden is through a righteousness that comes by believing the 'good news' of Jesus Christ (death, burial and resurrection).

We must distinguish between the 'world' and the 'earth'. We must understand the world is a system on earth, therefore, the world(system) would eventually come to an end but the earth remains forever.

That takes us to the next point we must distinguish the 'Kingdom of God' and the 'Kingdom of Heaven'. The Kingdom of God is the universal and eternal rule of God. The Kingdom of Heaven is the earthly sphere of the Kingdom of God, the coming Messianic reign of Jesus Christ, the Son of David. Matthew's Gospel gives a clearer picture of the kingdom to come, it is the book of the King and His coming Kingdom, it looks to His heavenly rule over the earth in the soon-coming millennium.

Jesus said- John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Many erroneously think jesus said he will go prepare a mansion for us in His father's house. The book does not say so, Jesus is actually going to prepare a place within the mansion. This place wouldn't be our permanent home because we will all make our way back to earth with christ to rule the earth with Him.

What israel had was an invisible king. The prophecy they had was the coming of this invisible king in human form to come rule over His people. Israel was expecting Jesus but when He came, for the hardness of their heart they rejected him. Some jews are yet waiting for Jesus even today, they find it hard to believe he had come and he had left.

1 Thessalonians 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

shdemidemi, you're not posting something new that I don't already know

I was about responding but didn't want assume I understand your post above as I don't (i.e. some part of it is ambiguous)

So how do you mean "It isn't so bro'' and what are you implying with "if I agree with you it will then mean Eden was a temporal habitat for Adam." What does that mean?

What is an outpost shdemidemi? What is your understanding of an "OUTPOST"?
You also evaded the Lugard questions. LOL
- responding to these questions is crucial in understanding this Kingdom business, if not, potentially this discourse will turn into a Kingdom palaver, which is why I was wary of coming into participating or discussing it

If God permits, after your reply, we will:
- identify what Eden correctly was
- distingush correctly 'Kingdom of God' and the 'Kingdom of Heaven'
- address further, the monarchy (i.e. governing by king albeit invisible king)
- address further, John 14:2,
- address further, the mansion building (i.e. an old Jewish pre-wedding practice carried out by the bridegroom) and the honeymoon
- address further, etcetera and AOB
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 9:32am On Nov 23, 2014
outpost
ˈaʊtpəʊst/
noun
a small military camp or position at some distance from the main army, used especially as a guard against surprise attack.
"troops in some outposts have surrendered"
a remote part of a country or empire.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by BabaGnoni: 9:34am On Nov 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
outpost
ˈaʊtpəʊst/
noun
a small military camp or position at some distance from the main army, used especially as a guard against surprise attack.
"troops in some outposts have surrendered"
a remote part of a country or empire.
LOL, trust you to take an easy route.
- slapping down an online dictionary LOL

Outpost, in your own words and understanding, with example(s) if able to, please. Thank you.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2014
BabaGnoni:

LOL, trust you to take an easy route.
- slapping down an online dictionary LOL
In your own words and understanding, with example(s) if able to please. Thank you.

It is similar to an embassy, a facet of a place established somewhere else. I hope that will do on 'outpost'.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by BabaGnoni: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
It is similar to an embassy, a facet of a place established somewhere else.
I hope that will do on 'outpost'.
Thank you.

Seems you didn't want to give an example(s) of your understanding of an outpost

We need to milk this dry shdemidemi, need to squeeze and twist out all ounce of water in this, so that we dont leave ourselves in doubt(s)

OK with your understanding and in your own words, what is an embassy, and explain with example(s) if able to please.
Also, who sets up embassies, how, why and where about are embassies set up?
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2014
I have nothing to lose but gain on nairaland hence I see no reason for glossing over an issue.

You have used Lord lugard who was delegated to administrate the interest of his kingdom in far away Africa. We can well make do with that.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by BabaGnoni: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
I have nothing to lose but gain on nairaland hence I see no reason for glossing over an issue.

You have used Lord lugard who was delegated to administrate the interest of his kingdom in far away Africa. We can well make do with that.

^^^
Of course, there is nothing to lose but a lot or all to gain.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
- We learn from each other

Glossing is open to more than one interpretation, which of the glossing, is yours
- is it gloss to shine and make glow or is it gloss by quickly polishing or briefly buffing to conceal or hide something

I am not trying to come across as condescending but understanding the nitty gritty and rudimentary concepts behind Land, Kingdom, Empire Domain and Lord, King, Emperor, Dominion is very crucial to grasping the roles God, Heaven, Earth, Eden and Adam are or were playing in all this Kingdom business.

shdemidemi, I am aware this could sway (i.e. turn tedious and wearisome) which is why I warned that the way the post was corralling, I really dont want to go down the route.
- apart from it potentially becoming taxing, you see, in the past, "for my trouble and sins", I have been quoted out of context and got treachery and ad hominem to show for it.

This clinical questioning and the "leaving no stone unturned" style is for the peace of mind and benefit of both of us
- seem to recall you saying: you'll appreciate we deal with each question thoroughly before going to the next.

"You have used Lord lugard who was delegated to administrate the interest of his kingdom in far away Africa" - © shdemidemi

His kindgom?
shdemidemi, whose kingdom please? (i.e. who is the "his'' in your copyrighted quote) and what was the name of the kingdom Lord Lugard was delegated to administrate the interest of?
Also please tell, what was Lord Lugard's title or office called when he was doing the administrating?

PS: by the way, am guessing you're on the road or fellowshipping
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by vooks: 11:24am On Nov 23, 2014
Ad this is my main gripe with shdemidemi; inability or unwillingness to pursue his own statements or position to their (il)logical conclusion. You end up touching one too many many issues without ever solving any or educating each other. You basically talk past each other. Sometimes it is a defense mechanism to gloss over weak doctrines

BabaGnoni:

Thank you.

Seems you didn't want to give an example(s) of your understanding of an outpost

We need to milk this dry shdemidemi, need to squeeze and twist out all ounce of water in this, so that we dont leave ourselves in doubt(s)

OK with your understanding and in your own words, what is an embassy, and explain with example(s) if able to please.
Also, who sets up embassies, how, why and where about are embassies set up?
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
vooks:
Ad this is my main gripe with shdemidemi; inability or unwillingness to pursue his own statements or position to their (il)logical conclusion. You end up touching one too many many issues without ever solving any or educating each other. You basically talk past each other. Sometimes it is a defense mechanism to gloss over weak doctrines

Why you can't drop a comment about the topic and move on is beyond me. Grow up.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by shdemidemi(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
Of course, there is nothing to lose but a lot or all to gain.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
- We learn from each other

Glossing is open to more than one interpretation, which of the glossing, is yours
- is it gloss to shine and make glow or is it gloss by quickly polishing or briefly buffing to conceal or hide something

I am not trying to come across as condescending but understanding the nitty gritty and rudimentary concepts behind Land, Kingdom, Empire Domain and Lord, King, Emperor, Dominion is very crucial to grasping the roles God, Heaven, Earth, Eden and Adam are or were playing in all this Kingdom business.

shdemidemi, I am aware this could sway (i.e. turn tedious and wearisome) which is why I warned that the way the post was corralling, I really dont want to go down the route.
- apart from it potentially becoming taxing, you see, in the past, "for my trouble and sins", I have been quoted out of context and got treachery and ad hominem to show for it.

This clinical questioning and the "leaving no stone unturned" style is for the peace of mind and benefit of both of us
- seem to recall you saying: you'll appreciate we deal with each question thoroughly before going to the next.

"You have used Lord lugard who was delegated to administrate the interest of his kingdom in far away Africa" - © shdemidemi

His kindgom?
shdemidemi, whose kingdom please? (i.e. who is the "his'' in your copyrighted quote) and what was the name of the kingdom Lord Lugard was delegated to administrate the interest of?
Also please tell, what was Lord Lugard's title or office called when he was doing the administrating?

PS: by the way, am guessing you're on the road or fellowshipping

Please make your point so we can get on with the main issue. You have asked and I believe I answered the best way I can. I can also pose a million and one by-questions to you and thus make this real tedious, but I prefer to hear your propositions on this kingdom issue rather than deal with semantics.
Re: Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe by BabaGnoni: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
Please make your point so we can get on with the main issue.
You have asked and I believe I answered the best way I can.
I can also pose a million and one by-questions to you and thus make this real tedious,
but I prefer to hear your propositions on this kingdom issue rather than deal with semantics.
Thank you for your feigned enthusiasm but after your ill-tempered remark I have no point to make anymore.
Thanks, but no thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! / 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.