Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon (33647 Views)

Blessing Okagbare's White Wedding Photos With Hubby, Igho Otegheri / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Ishilove: 1:06am On Nov 21, 2014
The US embassy in Abuja has rocked the boat for African sprint queen, Blessing Okagbare who recently got married to her heart-throb Igho Otegheri.

Okagbare and her footballer husband, planned to travel to Los Angeles where the double sprint 2014 Commonwealth Games gold medallist is based. But Otegheri was denied a visa, something that left Okagbare distraught and confused. Okagbare trains with American coach, John Smith in Los Angles and was hoping that her husband who won four caps with the Super Eagles will be around at her weakest moments. Okabgare is billed to resume training for the next years World Championships in Beijing China.

“I feel so bad that America Embassy would turn down the visa request by my husband to travel with me to Los Angeles.

“I have resumed training for the season and I have to go back to my base (Los Angeles) with my husband so that I can concentrate.

“I have sent copies of my documents, including my Resident Permit in Los Angeles to them so as to facilitate my husband’s traveling with me to the States, but they refused. Help me appeal to them to grant him visa because it won’t be easy for me to shuttle between Nigeria and the States every time.

“I have to concentrate on my training and the only way to do so is to have my husband with me in the States. I have been so sad since my husband returned from Abuja with this bad news. They have to do something about it,” she lamented

Okagbare crying

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/us-embassy-ruins-okagbares-honeymoon/#sthash.0iKMSiQm.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 1:11am On Nov 21, 2014
US Embassy: shattering the dreams and aspirations of low/average income earners since the days of Alexander the Great.......but why my town-man na?

FTC....rily? shocked
hehehehehehehe..... God finally blessed ma hustle (sign of good tinz to come)...... grin

@Nairalanders....
Vote Wisely tomao....Vote "NaijaBoiy"
God bless yhu'all

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by fr3do(m): 1:13am On Nov 21, 2014
Eyah

they cant even compromise in that she is an internationally recognized sportswoman, these people have something against Naija.

21 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 1:18am On Nov 21, 2014
Does anyone know why he was turned down?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 1:22am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:
I know the reason
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 21, 2014
Nawa oo..if sm1 like okagbere's husband(for her sake) can be refused, then any1 else can be refused..

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 2:14am On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
I know the reason

And...?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:19am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:

And...?
I'm busy presently, coupled with the fact that we aren't allowed to type epistles here in France ....would tell yhu later....probably next year or so

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 2:24am On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
I'm busy presently, coupled with the fact that we aren't allowed to type epistles here in France ....would tell yhu later....probably next year or so

Why didn't you just say you are clueless?

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by lomaxx: 2:28am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:

Dude has the brain of a frog.

Clueless is just being too nice.

23 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:
They tried to pronounce his name at the embassy and wound up with twisted tongues. They're just protecting Americans, people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

33 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:35am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:

GIRLS: resorting to insults since the days of the Wise King Solomon

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 2:38am On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
GIRLS: resorting to insults since the days of the Wise King Solomon

You started it buddy. tongue

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 2:40am On Nov 21, 2014
CoolHunk:

They tried to pronounce his name at the embassy and wound up with twisted tongues. They're just protecting Americans, people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least you posted a cute little guy at the end...

4 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:40am On Nov 21, 2014
lomaxx:

Dude has the brain of a frog.

Clueless is just being too nice.
I useD to respect u.....

But bros, u fall hand for dis juncture

37 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:41am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:

You started it buddy. tongue
Proof/Evidence?

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 2:43am On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
Proof/Evidence?

ALKARULEZ615:

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:45am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:

where is the insult?

16 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by justi4jesu(f): 6:00am On Nov 21, 2014
She should take heart its one of those things. smiley
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Innodon(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2014
ok
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by LMAyedun(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2014
Sad!! FG should come to her aid.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by paulshakur: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2014
eya
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by onila(f): 7:43am On Nov 21, 2014
they never give Nigerians visa

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ahmed486: 7:44am On Nov 21, 2014
this US embassy self why them dey do people like this.

KATE HENSHAW: We Hope You Don't Come Crying!
Source: [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=KATE+HENSHAW%3A+We+Hope+You+Don%27t+Come+Crying!&oq=KATE+HENSHAW%3A+We+Hope+You+Don%27t+Come+Crying!&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=KATE+HENSHAW:+We+Hope+You+Don%27t+Come+Crying!+e+reporter+news]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/1510-kate-henshaw-we-hope-you-don-t-come-crying[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 21, 2014
. Choi. Na wetin!
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 21, 2014
8 plus ) is cool
Three question marks are Just try this and call me genius later
Jonathan must intervene on this...

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by publicenemy(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2014
All these people used to give Nigerians Visa with ease when Nigeria was Nigeria.when those who fought annd sacrificed everything for Nigeria's inndepenndence where still runnninng the country with their heart.

But now,these current stvpid politicians looting and reaping where they did not sow have run the Nigerian ecoommy into the ground and have turnn most Nigerians into liabilities around the world. Now every embassy wants to deny Nigeriannns visa.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Julius Aghahowa Celebrates His 37th Birthday / Mikel Obi Shares Photo With His Family / Manchester United Signs Nemanja Matic From Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.