Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,819 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Looking For Family Friendships - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking For Family Friendships (6550 Views)

How Do People Sustain Friendships? / Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships / The Bitter Truth About Friendships And Why They Break. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Glamrock(f): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
eagleeyez:

Honey, who advised u to this? Darling ,wrong move!! If u wish to ask questions go ahead, nairaland is best forum to get info. You can ask best markets, good restaurants, shopping malls, boutiques, actual prices of stuffs so as not to be cheated etc but not advertise for friends!
You don't advertise for friends, risky. When u get here you will make them very easily. Nigerians are naturally friendly and outgoing.
That's not to mean there isn't lots of issues like any other country. I mean c,mon you should know this.

By the way, I will advise you move into a gated community( estate) .there are more than enough so do take your time in choosing the one u feel best meets your criteria.

It's not a "wrong move" Thanks but I have everything under control. Not seeking advice here
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by eagleeyez: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
Glamrock:

It's not a "wrong move" Thanks but I have everything under control. Not seeking advice here

Hmmm really? You have leaved most of your years in us. Please we are
in a better position to tell you where the sun sets.
But then, to each his own and am sure you are intelligent and matured enough to know what you are doing.you really are not looking for advise.
Warm regards
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Glamrock(f): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
eagleeyez:

Hmmm really? You have leaved most of your years in us. Please we are
in a better position to tell you where the sun sets.
But then, to each his own and am sure you are intelligent and matured enough to know what you are doing.you really are not looking for advise.
Warm regards

I have many Nigerians I've know for years who've been assisting me with my needs. If I need advice here I will make a topic asking

1 Like

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by eagleeyez: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Glamrock:

I have many Nigerians I've know for years who've been assisting me with my needs. If I need advice here I will make a topic asking

Madam, you have many nigerians yet you are looking for family friendships?
I don't know you and am not trying to pocknose am also sure am not the only one that has commented negatively on this request you are making .
Wish you the best.
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Glamrock(f): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
eagleeyez:

Madam, you have many nigerians yet you are looking for family friendships?
I don't know you and am not trying to pocknose am also sure am not the only one that has commented negatively on this request you are making .
Wish you the best.

That's correct
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Dyoungstar: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
ajkuti:
Thanks for the kind words. Check your PM for my response.

Yea, I've replied to the pm.

I wish glamrock will reply hers.

Meanwhile, get a guide to lead you from airport and get you acclimatized with the environment as you arrive, else Nigerians are bad ooo.

When they sight you afar and discovers you are a JJC they'll start plotting to do you strong thing.

There are lots of organizations that are into issues like helping immigrants to settle well in naija better still I can help you get female friends who would help you

Or

ajkuti can be of help too, I'be mentioned that to him.

Wish you could reply your mail.

I don't wish you fall into the wrong hands because the regret will be murderous.

Patiently waiting for your reply.

Ajkuti let's go discuss at the other end.
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Glamrock(f): 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Yea, I've replied to the pm.

I wish glamrock will reply hers.

Meanwhile, get a guide to lead you from airport and get you acclimatized with the environment as you arrive, else Nigerians are bad ooo.

When they sight you afar and discovers you are a JJC they'll start plotting to do you strong thing.

There are lots of organizations that are into issues like helping immigrants to settle well in naija better still I can help you get female friends who would help you

Or

ajkuti can be of help too, I'be mentioned that to him.

Wish you could reply your mail.

I don't wish you fall into the wrong hands because the regret will be murderous.

Patiently waiting for your reply.

Ajkuti let's go discuss at the other end.

Thanks for the reminder. I just checked my email Nd sent you a reply
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Amya(f): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
I really think the move would be a beautiful experience for you. If you need a friend or some one who you could specific questions about Nigeria, just let me know. amy2k42002@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Glamrock(f): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Amya:
I really think the move would be a beautiful experience for you. If you need a friend or some one who you could specific questions about Nigeria, just let me know. amy2k42002@yahoo.com

Thank you sister, will be in touch smiley
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by naijagyal84(f): 11:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, I just found my Yoruba/Hausa roots and I am so proud and overjoyed. I'm just looking to connect with my fellow Africans and make strong, genuine, friendships. I have children that I am educating about our heritage, and I am considering moving to my homeland as well. I support all of you who are voyaging back home. Reply if you will, give me all the info on Nigeria and the culture, and any advice. Here's my email: tasia_coles@yahoo.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Glamrock(f): 5:15am On Apr 27, 2015
naijagyal84:
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, I just found my Yoruba/Hausa roots and I am so proud and overjoyed. I'm just looking to connect with my fellow Africans and make strong, genuine, friendships. I have children that I am educating about our heritage, and I am considering moving to my homeland as well. I support all of you who are voyaging back home. Reply if you will, give me all the info on Nigeria and the culture, and any advice. Here's my email: tasia_coles@yahoo.com

So cool congrats on your self discovery! Thanks for replying to my post I'll be in contact with you my sister

1 Like

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by shilling(f): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2015
This is awesome. I live in Canada (have lived in the States) and won't move back. However, I have to say your analysis is spot on! If there are reasons to move back, you've outlined the most important ones in your post below. Absolutely spot on!

ajkuti:
Glamrock, I specifically signed up on Nairaland after reading your post on "10 reasons why you're moving from America" and I showed your topic to my wife and informed her I would register on this forum just to encourage you. You have a family in us any day sis. You are making the right move sista, you can't go wrong.

A brief history of my background and why I was easily drawn to your posts and why we share similar experiences:

1. Born and raised in Lagos and moved to the U.S at a young age. I left Nigeria in October 1993 and never came back until January 2015! Yup, 21 straight years! I last resided in Florida after having lived in Atlanta and Boston. Coming back to Nigeria was interesting as I saw it through the eyes of a foreigner having been away for so long! I wowed in amazement seeing how developed Nigeria truly is although most of the locals are blind to this reality. They crave glitters while I crave understated beauty and simplicity. They crave excess, while I crave contentment. They praise the AmeriKKKan white man because they have no prolonged first time experience of how evil he is and how he's disagreeable to anyone of African ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Zelex9(m): 4:55pm On May 05, 2015
Born and bred in London, UK of Nigerian origin, recently did NYSC where I stayed in Nigeria for about 13 months (shuttled between Asaba and Lagos), before heading back to London last year November. Hit me up if you have any questions.
Re: Looking For Family Friendships by KanwuliaJara: 6:01pm On May 05, 2015
Orisi risi! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Looking For Family Friendships by Vpastor(m): 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
pray and God will guide you, this I know sister. hopefully would meet you when you arrive. stay prayerful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waking Up With Three Unexplained Scratches On My Body / The Story Of An Abandoned Child / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.