Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" (777 Views)

SOLD...Toyota Camry 03(big Daddy)@790k# SOLD#. New In An Out Though Old Plate / Vehicle Registration,changing Of Old Plate Number To New Plate, Ownership, / Old Plate Numbers To The New Plate Numbers How Much Will It Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" by wealth4us: 6:31am On Nov 21, 2014
Saw some men of the FRSC stopping some cars with old plate numbers. Just wondering if it is now an offence to drive with the old plate number. I know the appeal court ruled in their favour. But have they started implementing it. If someone can confirm, i think it will be good for all nairalander to me aware.
Re: FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" by Nutase: 7:26am On Nov 21, 2014
If you ask me, na who I go ask
Re: FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" by wealth4us: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2014
Nutase:
If you ask me, na who I go ask
serious matter pls. I believe we have people who can confirm this for us here. Who knows, we might be saving someone on nairaland some hassles.
Re: FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" by Nutase: 7:38am On Nov 21, 2014
wealth4us:

serious matter pls. I believe we have people who can confirm this for us here. Who knows, we might be saving someone on nairaland some hassles.

grin
Re: FRSC: Have They Started Impounding Cars For "Old Plate Number" by Irwindickson(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2014
ABUJA – The management of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, disclosed
Monday that the corps will not fixed a deadline for a nationwide enforcement of
the new vehicle -number plate and driver’s license.
The Corps Marshal and Chief executive of FRSC, Boboye Oyeyemi, while
addressing newsmen shortly after a strategic retreat for its Zonal Commanders,
in Abuja, said that there was no deadline for the new driver’s license but urged
motorist to renew their particulars as at when due.
According to him, “On the uniform licensing scheme, the Court of Appeal
judgement, the scheme is on course but we are not setting any deadline date,
its going to be a circle period, so once your drivers licence expires, you go back
and renew your licence and also when your vehicle licence expires you go in the
process you cut over to the new plate number, and it is joint task force that is
empowered to do this.
“You are aware of the Court of Appeal judgment, but now if your license must
expire before you renew, if you don’t renew we will arrest you.”

(1) (Reply)

Clean 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6. / Price Reduced to 1.6m:Reg 05 Pathfinder For Sale / null

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.