Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings (806 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? / How Do You Relate With A Jealous Close Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
How do you relate with inconsiderate , insatiable , greedy and ungrateful siblings who always expects you to completely put your personal life progress/aspirations on hold to cater for their wants not needs . This is despite the fact that I do generously and willingly use more than 40% of my annual earns to support them in one way or the other . And take note that we are all grown ups all aged above 30 and lives in our separate abodes . Also I am almost the youngest among us .

I have long ago discovered their acts of treachery and blocked every avenue through which they used to perpetrate it on me. Now they have resorted to emotional blackmail . Since 4 years I now frequently suffers " missed anxiety- depressive disorder " all because of emotional blackmails from my siblings . Almost each one of them is after what they can take away from me at any given time without minding what negative effect such actions may cause me . My health is deteriorating each passing moment all because of these malicious acts against me . They all have failed to understand that I am not a supper human being and that in truth I have more needs than theirs all put together .

Many a times I have made them to know that I am not as rich as they assumed me to be , even if the outsiders hold contrary view to my honesty in this regard , I expect them to know better since I don't spare anything to give help to anyone whenever I have the wherewithal to do so . But that is not to be . I always try to be holistic on my dealings with each and everyone of them . The truth is that we have always be a close knit family and my love for everyone of them is unquantifiable , so to alienate them from my life is not an option . However , I don't want to die before my time , as I said above my health is deteriorating each passing moment , missed anxiety depressive disorder is gradually becoming the other of the day in my life now .

- What's my crime ?

- How do I find a lasting solution to this pressing need without damaging the bond that hold us together as siblings ?
Re: How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings by Ezedon(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
always follow them diligently and pay each with his own coin by that they will always take caution on seeing u
Re: How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
Entitlement mentality again.

You must grow some thick skin.
You are not obliged to share almost half of your earnings with anybody. Even if you were rich, it is not an obligation and should not be taken for granted. You are not responsible for grown up people. They are responsible for themselves and it is time they learn it. And it is also time they learn to be grateful if anyone does ANYTHING for them.

I recommend that you "ONLY" do the most necessary things. Take care of their basic needs if they can't do it on their own. Basic needs are food, drinks and a roof over their heads and of course something to wear (no designer clothes). Do this only if it is not too much for you. And if you do anything extra then do it only for the grateful ones. Teach them gratitude.

Put yourself first! ALWAYS!

They know you are sensitive and they use it against you.
CHANGE!

Toughen up! Take control. You are not RESPONSIBLE for someone else's life; only of those of your (future) children as long as they are children.

Entitlement mentality angry angry angry
Re: How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings by dre11(m): 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
The Bible preach
Love ur neighbors as ur self
And not love ur neighbors more than ur self

So.. ... U can only give what won't hurt u to ur extended family and not the other way round

Don't because of them give ur self hypertension or high blood pressure
Don't just let them get to you

Giving them 40% to me is excessive... Don't u wanna save
Are they going to take care of ur family IF u by chance "kick the bucket"
Do they show any milk of kindness in their actions
Do they wish u well

Just do the normal customary assistance to them and stop trying hard to please them
Re: How Do You Relate With This Kind Of Siblings by tobechi20(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dem go du u juju

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Divorce / 5 Ways To Raise Healthy Daughters / Men Are Cheats, Men Are Liars! Who’s Fault?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.