Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,969 members, 7,825,028 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

LG's Amazing 4K OLED — The Best TV On The Planet? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / LG's Amazing 4K OLED — The Best TV On The Planet? (987 Views)

Is Channels TV Giving Itself The "Best TV Station" Award? / My Nasty Experience In Doing Business With Planet One By Eric Nwoko / Dangote Makes It To Forbes 1,226 List Of Richest People On The Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG's Amazing 4K OLED — The Best TV On The Planet? by arbitrage: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
LG's amazing 4K OLED — the best TV on the planet?

LG 65EC9700

The 65" LG 65EC9700 is the first TV to combine the two most important display advances in the past few years: 4K Ultra High Definition and OLED. With four times the picture detail of 1080p HD, Ultra HD TVs are definitely the champs when it comes to picture detail. However, many TV experts feel that contrast is actually the most important determiner of overall quality. For state-of-the-art contrast (and color), OLED is king.

Not familiar with OLED? It's the most advanced screen technology currently available. We've seen dozens of high-performance TVs come through during the past few years and none have generated more "wows" than the OLED models.

OLED stands for Organic Light Emitting Diode, and it's the organic part that is groundbreaking. Traditional light emitting diodes have been used in LED-LCD TVs for years. An array of LEDs functions as the backlight, shining through a screen made up of LCD pixels. Whereas OLED screens use an organic substance that glows when it's activated by an electric current. The screen's pixel layer is made of this self-illuminating carbon-based material — each pixel is its own light source which can be independently switched on and off, so there's no need for a backlight with all its limitations. Also, compared to conventional display types, OLED has fewer layers between your eyes and the screen's pixels — a big reason why OLED images possess such startling color, clarity, and immediacy.

Picture contrast that beats the finest LCD and plasma TVs

Small OLED screens have been available on a few high-end smartphones, but TV-sized screens have been extremely rare. TV makers have invested huge amounts of time and money developing OLED because it's the closest thing to a perfect screen technology. An OLED screen is thinner, lighter, and more energy-efficient than an LED-LCD screen. And it's similar to plasma in that each pixel creates its own light and color. But where plasma pixels maintain a tiny amount of illumination to be able to quickly ramp up to full illumination, OLED pixels can switch off completely, producing absolute black.

LG's OLED design has an edge when it comes to color and brightness, too. In plasma and LCD TVs, each pixel is made up of three "sub-pixels" — red, green and blue — in each pixel to create the color palette. LG's unique 4 Color Pixel technology adds a white sub-pixel to the conventional three colors to enhance both color range and brightness. And like plasma, OLED images provide excellent contrast and color even for viewers seated off to the sides.

Cheapest price: $9,999. LG recommended price: $11,999.
Re: LG's Amazing 4K OLED — The Best TV On The Planet? by emmakins: 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
please i want to fund my UBA AFRICARD. can you help out?
Re: LG's Amazing 4K OLED — The Best TV On The Planet? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
N2.5 million for a TV without content to play on it? God forbid bad thing!!! Would wait till the technology becomes ubiquitous and cheap then buy.
Re: LG's Amazing 4K OLED — The Best TV On The Planet? by arbitrage: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
emmakins:
please i want to fund my UBA AFRICARD. can you help out?

Sure any time.

(1) (Reply)

Shipping Usa To Nigeria / What Profitable Business Can I Invest N50,000. / Dispatch Rider Urgently Needed In Lagos With An Attractive Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.