Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches (1305 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by plaetton: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by plaetton: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
And here some yahoo comments on this topic.

"Bruce L 1 hour ago

I never understood this laying on of hands by a group of Christian ministers ... why don´t they just stick them in your pockets and go for the cash and save everyone a lot of time. Just like Pat Robertson who told people to send him money and then you can touch your TV set and God will hear you thanks to that #$%$ money grubbing old man. The last time I saw a movie that showed how phony this can all be was Harvey with James Stewart believing he had an invisible friend only he could see and it was a 7 ft tall rabbit. Peddlers to the poor and oppressed doing exactly the same thing ... oppressing the poor to become poorer in cash and hope. "

tata 4 hours ago
" Very interesting observation. Most of these evangelism churches are filled with women--all through lunch times, evenings and the weekends. Majority of these prophets are young males and usually very good looking but of hawkish character. These women are seeking solutions for social problems that goes with the economical marginalisation of nearly the entire population, save for those who have access to the national income (public servants and the swindler classes that work closely with the public servants) These women are the mothers of the population. Kenyan is sliding into an abyss unknown where everyone is a beggar, a prostitute, a mugger, a murderer, a robber, a thief, anything to get the next meal. Just as the public servants with hands in the treasury drink themselves to death and Kenyan swindlers become among the richest people in the world. These women need even a place to go out to.Away from the poorly paid office job to have 'spiritual' lunch. Dress up get away from the depressing poor homes and the pastors-- with every good intention-- are making a harvest and hope to join the league of public servants and 'business' swindlers.Where will these women go if not to the churches? Some if only to camouflage their real personalities and where else to go other than the obviously conning pastors. Birds of feather flock together...."

Rommel 7 hours ago
"
The man is only following the foot steps of the more prosperous Nigeria's wonder Pentecostal pastors who have perfected the act of spiritual swindling such that they are now stake holders in the economy of the nation.It will take at least two decades for people to realize that the commercialization of Christianity is devil worship,people now troop to church to worship the god of money mammon think they are Christians,ignorance and stupidity is at its highest where well educated people will abandon rational thinking for gibberish mumble jumble from one charlatan claiming closeness to God.The fear of deity is and has been one of the many reasons why the brains of Africans went on vacation. "
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by plaetton: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
^^^

NdiliMfumu 54 minutes ago

Corruption infects every aspect of life throughout the African Continent, in particular. So, too, it infects the Churches and the Mosques. Clergymen of all stripes are far more interested in aggrandizing themselves than in helping the poor. But we know this, already, for organized religion lives from the mesmerizing of the poor and the illiterate into giving over their wealth to the clergy, rather than saving it and utilizing it to their own advantage.

What is particularly egregious, though, is the Christian Evangelical practice of "laying on hands" and self-proclaiming one's status as a "prophet". These preachers are merely attempting to make demi-gods of themselves, thereby to suck more money from their congregants and by all available means. Congregants wish to believe in "mystery and magic", that they, too, can be immediately freed of their life's problems, their ill health, their economic misfortune and yet other grievances. They will submit themselves to the "miraculous powers" of such clergymen, trusting in their righteousness. But they will regularly be disappointed and, rather than learn that the clergy have defrauded them, they will apologize for the ineffectiveness of the clergy's incantations by blaming themselves for their loss: "If only I had believed more fervently", they will say to themselves.

No amount of fervor can make a charlatan into a proper clergyman, and no proper clergyman would claim to be a demi-god, capable of miraculous cures by "laying on the hands". That was something which Jesus had laid claim to, and even then, only as a matter of legend. Modern clergy have no business laying such claims, and their congregants would be well-advised to abandon them, as soon as they begin to stake such claims. "
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by paulGrundy(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
plaetton:

Another day, another fraud of religion.

Yawn! undecided

http://news.yahoo.com/kenya-miracle-healer-scandal-hits-deep-faith-churches-010003998.html

As usual, when the anointing becomes very strong, we'll always have skeptics that will invent every unimaginable lie to attack the move of God.

Let them keep criticizing, let him keep growing stronger in power and anointing! smiley
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by Pr0ton: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
paulGrundy:

As usual, when the anointing becomes very strong, we'll always have skeptics that will invent every unimaginable lie to attack the move of God.

Let them keep criticizing, let him keep growing stronger in power and anointing! smiley

And you think an 'unimaginable lie' can prevail over a 'very strong anointing'?
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
plaetton:
^^^

Corruption infects every aspect of life throughout the African Continent, in particular. So, too, it infects the Churches and the Mosques.

pls leave mosques out of it. We pray in the mosque, stand up and walkout. During Jumat, we pay our N20 (if we have change), for NEPA bills settlement. We dont have daddy and mummy GO in mosque.
The chief Imam in Makkah enters Saudi Airlines when travelling. His source of Income comes from his salary as a University professor, and occasional Government grants.
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by paulGrundy(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

And you think an 'unimaginable lie' can prevail over a 'very strong anointing'?

If an 'unimaginable lie' can prevail over a strong anointing, there would be no pentecostal movement for you to criticize. As a matter of fact, this 'very strong anointing' influences you indirectly smiley
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by plaetton: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abuamam:

pls leave mosques out of it. We pray in the mosque, stand up and walkout. During Jumat, we pay our N20 (if we have change), for NEPA bills settlement. We dont have daddy and mummy GO in mosque.
The chief Imam in Makkah enters Saudi Airlines when travelling. His source of Income comes from his salary as a University professor, and occasional Government grants.

I agree with you 100%.
Though I am not a Muslim and don't wish to be, I honestly think that Islam makes much more sense as a religion. It has no pretences about what it stands for.

I am not saying that Islam is better religion. No.
I am saying that Islam is a religion in the true sense of the word.
Christianity is just a fraudulently contrived mish- mash of borrowed and often contradictory ideas and traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by paulGrundy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abuamam:

pls leave mosques out of it. We pray in the mosque, stand up and walkout. During Jumat, we pay our N20 (if we have change), for NEPA bills settlement

shocked N20 for NEPA BILL? For Niaja here?

We dont have daddy and mummy GO in mosque.
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
paulGrundy:

shocked N20 for NEPA BILL? For Niaja here?

That's N20 EACH. For the few that have change.
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by Pr0ton: 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
paulGrundy:

If an 'unimaginable lie' can prevail over a strong anointing, there would be no pentecostal movement for you to criticize. As a matter of fact, this 'very strong anointing' influences you indirectly smiley

Smh... I knew you would end up not making sense

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by tobechi20(m): 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
plaetton:
^^^

Corruption infects every aspect of life throughout the African Continent, in particular. So, too, it infects the Churches and the Mosques. Clergymen of all stripes are far more interested in aggrandizing themselves than in helping the poor. But we know this, already, for organized religion lives from the mesmerizing of the poor and the illiterate into giving over their wealth to the clergy, rather than saving it and utilizing it to their own advantage.

What is particularly egregious, though, is the Christian Evangelical practice of "laying on hands" and self-proclaiming one's status as a "prophet". These preachers are merely attempting to make demi-gods of themselves, thereby to suck more money from their congregants and by all available means. Congregants wish to believe in "mystery and magic", that they, too, can be immediately freed of their life's problems, their ill health, their economic misfortune and yet other grievances. They will submit themselves to the "miraculous powers" of such clergymen, trusting in their righteousness. But they will regularly be disappointed and, rather than learn that the clergy have defrauded them, they will apologize for the ineffectiveness of the clergy's incantations by blaming themselves for their loss: "If only I had believed more fervently", they will say to themselves.

No amount of fervor can make a charlatan into a proper clergyman, and no proper clergyman would claim to be a demi-god, capable of miraculous cures by "laying on the hands". That was something which Jesus had laid claim to, and even then, only as a matter of legend. Modern clergy have no business laying such claims, and their congregants would be well-advised to abandon them, as soon as they begin to stake such claims. "

wot of ur own comment
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by GooseBaba: 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Religion just fuvks your mind up without prejudice. Smh

FACT: willfully giving ones hard earned money to his fellow man in order to show obedience to an abstract.. Sign*...

It gets worse... You start regurgitating the writings of men in order to deliberately ignore and distort reason/common sense, so you can proclaim faith.. *sign*..
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by paulGrundy(m): 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

Smh... I knew you would end up not making sense

You ought to understand that your 'sense' is very narrow-minded.
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by sanali(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
plaetton:

I agree with you 100%.
Though I am not a Muslim and don't wish to be, I honestly think that Islam makes much more sense as a religion. It has no pretences about what it stands for.

Christianity is just a fraudulently contrived mish- mash of borrowed and often contradictory ideas and traditions.

Dude why do you hate christianity that much. Andd am sure you came from christian family
X
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
plaetton:

I agree with you 100%.

Islam makes more sense ?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by plaetton: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
frosbel:

Islam makes more sense ?? grin

As a custodial religion. It makes little pretences about what it stands for: Total submission.
Very little fairy tales. Every moslem understands their religion.
Majority of Christians don't have the faintest clue what they believe and what Christianity is about.
Re: Kenyan Miracle Healer Scandal Hits Deep Faith In Churches by Weah96: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
plaetton:

I agree with you 100%.

I totally agree. Muslims at least ACT like their God exists. Even their political and judicial systems are modeled after the teachings of their religion.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Not Of Christ But Of Baal Worship! / Music: Guiding Me Safely ~ Chris Delvan Gwanma / Why Islam Is Not A Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.