Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Rivers State Nysc State Allowance Is Now Scam By Rivers State Government - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rivers State Nysc State Allowance Is Now Scam By Rivers State Government (7682 Views)

Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / Location Of Various NYSC State Camps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Nysc State Allowance Is Now Scam By Rivers State Government by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
I thought a thread like this will be very useful so as to inform ex-corp members who served in Rivers state, Serving corps members in Rivers state and Prospective corps members about the Rivers state NYSC state allowance.

The Rivers state government normally pays N10000 per month to Corps members serving in Villages and N5000 to Corps members serving in the Port-harcourt axis.

This has been very helpful to some corps members as the state accumulates all the allowances and pay a few months after passing out i.e N110,000 for people who served in villages and N55,000 for people who served in the city (11 months salary minus camp). Previous administrations have been paying regularly until 2012 batch A passed out.
Some of them were paid after a year and few months, while the rest of them lot have been left in the dark.

As it stands now, 2012 batch A remnant, 2012 batch B, 2012 batch C, 2013 batch A, 2013 batch B and 2013 batch C are all out and waiting for their state allowance which in my opinion may never come. Judging from the utterances made by the rivers state governor.

He said the federal government should not expect his government to pay corpers because the NYSC is a federal institution. This same Amaechi was in Nonwa Gbam tai NYSC camp in july, 2013 and I remember him make the declaration that corpers will be paid their state allowance as at when due.

Its unfortunate that ex corp members are now the victim of political crisis between a state government and the federal government.
So for those who served in Rivers state and are still expectant of this money, I suggest you move on. For those still serving in Rivers state, you can do well and make your grievances known on the day you are passing out.
For prospective corps members, and the likes, I advice you avoid Rivers state as much as possible because it is an almost total waste of one whole year of your life. You spend more traveling to Lagos and PH for tests and interviews. Infact, do not be deceived by the oil rubbish, theres no oil money anything anywhere if you are thrown to one God forsaken village. Remember, there's a big difference between port harcourt and Rivers state!!!!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nysc State Allowance Is Now Scam By Rivers State Government by dandoll: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2014
my Brother i don't know what politicians are turning graduates into. i am also a victim. i just concluded my meticulous service in Ekiti state, an outgone batch c corper. instead of the government to wade into our case of paying us our state allowee is busy probably using the money to fight his opponent. tell me how can anything good come out of this country? I can never forget in a hurry our services in the conduct of the first ever free and fair election Nigeria has recorded that brought him to power. tell me if we had compromised in discharging our duty in the election would he have the privilege of being the governor of the state? God help this country!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nysc State Allowance Is Now Scam By Rivers State Government by semasir: 10:06am On Nov 25, 2014
I am B14 relocated to Rivers from Zamfara and it has been so poor here that the best one will pray for is that Amaechi has a change in heart than continue his "foolish" acts which is at the detriment of corps members but one thing in life is certain, he will get what is deserved of him in due course.

(1) (Reply)

Joinathan Approved New #19800 Allowance For Serving Corpers / 24-hour Medical Service To Be Provided In NYSC Camps / A Thread For Corpers Posted To Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.