Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,609 members, 7,958,846 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Cat Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cat Man (549 Views)

The Cat (version Two) / The Cat (version One) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cat Man by marenx: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2014
This is a motivation of some sorts. The cat man knew what would help him and stuck to it for a long period of time, till when his neighbours wanted to know much about it. How did he do that? What was his source of income? Why did he leave the country?

How did he do that?

I never asked him how he grew cats, I wasn’t presumptuous to ever talk to him. Going out to watch football one day, I met a girl who was his cats’ cook with ingredients inside a leather bag, going home. I stopped and talk to her. At first her face looked like she felt I stopped to date her. I wanted to only ask how her master grew cats. I respected her, I said, because she dedicated herself to working with a cat man. ‘He’s training them to listen to his words’, she said, ‘he’s telling them carry this and carry that and they obey. One carries his little bible, Gideon International Version, and gives to him.’ She said it more and more, and I pitied her, because her voice kept reminding me she was an orphan. ‘He is also talking of cloning’, she added of the man.
What was his source of income?
I thought of where the man was getting his income, then I remembered he was a veterinary nurse, supplying services to pigs, goats, dogs, cats, cows, etc, for their owners. But that was not the only source. One day, he picked one of his cats out and never returned with it. I asked his cook why, she said he sold it to his German customer, who displayed them on Pets & Toys T.V on Sundays. She said she heard him saying it cost about $10,000. And I felt surprised about that, because I never imagine how cat is sold. ‘If you watch how it performed to earn that German $50,000′, she said, ‘you will dream of fantasies.’

Why did he leave the country?

We knew after her parents demise, the cat man volunteered to employ her to work with him on the ground he would pay her tuition fees up to university level and give her some money on monthly bases for her personal use. Next, we discovered she was living there day and night. Since she was 14, we thought the cat man took her as his daughter. Then nothing happened till she reached 18. Her breasts stood attractive. More attractive. She became beautiful. When we wanted to know why her stomach went big, we saw her with a luggage out. We discovered they were married, leaving Nigeria to live prominently in Germany. To raise cats. We sprinted to his house and found it empty – nothing inside but cobwebs and cats cages.

What do we learn?

Think of what to start doing and stick to it for success.

Read the original here http://marenjohnmafuyai./category/motivation/

©2014

(1) (Reply)

To The Lord Of Light - A Poem By Bruce-daniel Oluwabenga Ayodeji / Open: Call For Young Journalists To Cover Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum / The 'I Am Brown' Series I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.