Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, (6161 Views)

Can Blog Be Develope From Scratch Without The Use Of Wp Or Blogger? / Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, by ezugudor(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
Believe me if you are used to computer and may be something happened you lost it or it got damaged, and you are not the type that love staying without looking at Electronic devices and playing with it, at the same time you don’t have the money to buy a new one, but you have a mobile phone, most of the things that would be coming into your mind would be how to convert that your phone to a PC. Even if you have a computer there will be sometimes where you just wish your phone has some features in Desktop platform. To be sincere I have been into this and Google will tell you that most of my search keywords then looks like (How to download youtube videos with Phone, How to read PDF files with phones, How to open MSWORD files .doc(x), How to open HTML files on phone, e.t.c) and even silly searches like (How to install Photoshop in my phone, How to make video calls with my phone, How to play PlayStation Games in my phone, even How to install windows XP in my phone, e.t.c)…lolz..Well you don’t have to blame me then because I know am not the only person in that business…You might have thought or even done something worst than mine…hehehe… I learnt something anywhere. I was able to figure out one of the good questions I asked Google then and will be very happy to share it with you guys. But come to think of it, I could have solved most of the other funny side of the questions I asked Google then if am still broke… True/False…false abeg … I love talking please forgive me but in this tutorial I will be showing you how to design a website from scratch with just your mobile phone.

Requirements:

Mobile Phone – (Any Symbian phone(S60), Smart Phones, android phones) mine was Nokia E63

Preferred: phones with Querty Keypad like E63, E72, N92, even java phones like Asha series. E.t.c.

Applications –(Lightnotepad or any mobile text editor with “SAVE AS” feature, X-plorer or any other file manager of your choice)
Role(s) of each application in this tutorial :
App Name Screenshot Function in this tutorial
LightNotePad: This is just a mobile version of notepad so you can write anything in it and save it with custom file extension. So we use it to write the code.
X-Plorer: This app does so many things but for this tutorial we just need it to get the file path of our Webpage in the phone.
Browser Any phone that has GPRS hads this by default . so we use it to view the webpage. i.e the main work(website)

Note: This tutorial is about how to design website using your mobile phone and not how to write the HTML so I will assume you know how to write the HTML so that you are just looking for a way to do it on mobile platform. If Not you can click here to Learn How to write the HTML. But you can still do that later even if you don’t know HTML yet.

Then we get down to the business:

STEP 1: download the apps listed above i.e Lightnotepad and Xplorer and install in your phone.

STEP 2: Open your application manager and launch (click and open ) the LightNotePad app.

3: Write your Html, css, javascript e.t.c and once you are done select the Save As and type the file name but with the extension .htm or .html just the same files are created on the Desktop platform.

4. Now are done with the webpage is now time to view it. Launch X-plorer and locate the file you just saved with Lightnotepad.

Once you are there just lie down in your bed because you are close to the gate but don’t sleep because we are not yet done.

5. Look at the title bar of the explorer I.e at the top of the X-plorer app window or screen. You will see something that looks like “C:/something/something/” that is the address of your webpage you wrote with lightnotepad copy it down because we will need later when we want to view the webpage. You can now close the X-plorer we are done with it. Remember I said X-plorer in this tutorial is just to get the file path.

6. Now in your mobile phone “Menu” select your browser Nokia phones has it as “Web” or “Internet” . Whatever just launch your default phone browser.

7. Now paste or write the path(address) you copied from X-plorer in STEP 5 above into the address bar (the same place you will write www.facebook.com if you want to facebook) and immediately after the trailing slash “/” wirte the filename i.e the name you saved your file as in LightNotePad and Hit Enter or Send…Vuela….If you have been taken this smooth ride with me up to this point then your should be looking at your webpage on your Phone screen now.

You can leave both the Lightnotepad and the Browser open since Symbian phones and smart phones support multi- function/tasking that is to say you can switch Applications by press and holding the “application switch button” to select the app to view. So with this functionality you can edit in LightNotePad and switch back to the Browser and view the changes made. This is exactly how sites are designed on Desktop Computers.

Don’t Forget: on each update you make in LightNotepad, you must refresh the browser for the changes to take effect.

Enjoy...
source: http://www.newsniga.com/HowTo/How-to-Make-a-Website-From-Scratch-Using-that-Your-Mobile-Phone-for-Java-Phones-Symbian-Android-Smartphones-463

Re: How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, by Craigston: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
I used to do this on my Nokia X2-02 then. I used Blue ftp and Moby Explorer to do it. You can also use JTextLite as your text editor. You are really creative^^^^^^^^ezugudor.

1 Like

Re: How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
hmmm ... reminds me of the lazy old days

guy, you better go buy an android phone or better still, go get a laptop
Re: How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
At least i gain
Re: How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, by daisyfaith: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2018
Designer Creativity offer high-quality website design service, which will make your website stand out from your competitors. Contact Us now
Re: How To Make A Website From Scratch Using That Your Mobile Phone For Java Phones, by Temyaz(m): 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
Craigston:
I used to do this on my Nokia X2-02 then. I used Blue ftp and Moby Explorer to do it. You can also use JTextLite as your text editor. You are really creative^^^^^^^^ezugudor.

Shey You Still Get That Nokia X2 Phone

(1) (Reply)

Which Do I Learn First C Or C++ / How Can I Practice Programming on My PC? / Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.