Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? (1446 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Would/can You Still Go Ahead And Marry Your Spouse, If..........? / On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by zboyd: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
Wife Gets Divorce Over STD Infections From Husband

This past February, an Igando Customary Court in Lagos dissolved the marriage between Azeezat Ayinde and her husband Mohammed who infected his wife with a series of sexually transmitted diseases.

The court President, Mr R.I. Adeyeri, held that since both parties consented to the dissolution of their marriage, “this court has no choice than to dissolve the marriage.”

Adeyeri said that the couple could no longer stay together because the marriage had broken down “totally”.

“Both parties are free to go their separate ways,” Adeyeri held.

Azeezat, 32, filed the petition last Nov. 4, and urged the court to dissolve her six-year-old marriage to Ayinde, alleging that her husband always infected her with STDs. The petitioner, who is a teacher, told the court that Ayinde was a “womaniser”, who constantly had extra-marital affairs that had led to her constant visits to the hospital to treat infections.

“I have been in and out of hospital treating STDs like gonorrhea, staphylococcus and other infectious diseases due to my husband’s unfaithfulness. My husband used to invite a lady in my absence. I have caught them inside our room on different occasions. He always tells me she is his friend’s wife that she is always lonely and that is why he always invites her to our house to keep her company,” Azeezat said.

She accused her husband of abandonment, saying: “he goes out and comes back after four or seven days”.

Azeezat said she had been the one taking care of the school fees and feeding of their children, as her husband did not show any concerns.

Mohammed, 40, admitted that ladies always came to their house, but he claimed they were his wife’s friends.

“Her friends always visited me whenever my wife was not around. I don’t have anything to do with them,” the respondent said.

Mohammed said he always stayed back at work because of distance, adding that he always returned home at weekends.

“I always take care of my children when we are still living together until when my wife packed out of my house 18 months ago,” he said.

Source: punchng.com

*Looks like this was a constant infection process....okay the man cheated and brought home STD, but is this a good reason to end the marriage? I know someone who this happened to but I haven't heard anything of a divorce from their side...in fact after initially talking about it, looks like they made up because wifey does not even like to discuss the subject again. Should cheating be enough reason to end a marriage Didn't the Bible say for better for worse? meaning that when the good and bad times comes it shouldn't break the union? The bible says that one cannot remarry until their spouse dies right? Isn't this simply God's way of saying we should work it out when the storm comes? I don't know if i am making sense......health-wise, it is a damn good idea to run when your partner becomes a warehouse of infections but the marriage creed says ''till death us do part''. This is just a post to help us all understand, especially people who seek divorce for various flimsy excuses that can be worked out. Please educate us if you know more." -Stella D. Korkus

What do YOU think?

IS it wrong to divorce your spouse, if s/he infects you with a STD?

Would you?
Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Of course Yes!! As a parasitologist, i detest stds to the core!! The woman in question is on point. Is it until HIV enters before she knows she should dvorce him? Imagine!! She kept treating one std after another continuously. Is that marriage? No. Its STD sharing Season. Thats what you get for marrying a womaniser. She knew the type of man she married. Contacting stds is the height of it. You shouldnt even wait until your health is at risk before you take action. So the woman has taken a very good decision. She was already a single parent even while they were married since she was responsible for the expenses in the family. Her husband only acted as a Sperm Donor thats all.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by zboyd: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Of course Yes!! As a parasitologist, i detest stds to the core!! The woman in question is on point. Is it until HIV enters before she knows she should dvorce him? Imagine!! She kept treating one std after another continuously. Is that marriage? No. Its STD sharing Season. Thats what you get for marrying a womaniser. She knew the type of man she married. Contacting stds is the height of it. You shouldnt even wait until your health is at risk before you take action. So the woman has taken a very good decision. She was already a single parent even while they were married since she was responsible for the expenses in the family. Her husband only acted as a Sperm Donor thats all.

Some ideas some people hold about marriage could end their lives before their time.

Sometimes it's best to put down the Bible and pick up some common sense.

The life you save may be your own...or your children.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by bennyrazz: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
zboyd, always looking for where to cull bad news about marriage from. Today, your source is punchng.com what will it be tomorrow? 276 topics, 701 posts. smh
Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
zboyd:

Some ideas some people hold about marriage could end their lives before their time.

Sometimes it's best to put down the Bible and pick up some common sense.

The life you save may be your own...or your children.

True that. Even the Bible kicks against adultery and gave the condition for divorce on grounds of infidelity so she is applying both common sense and bible principles.
Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by cococandy(f): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
But the man has no intentions of turning a new leaf. The woman had to do what was best for the marriage na.
Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by zboyd: 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:

True that. Even the Bible kicks against adultery and gave the condition for divorce on grounds of infidelity so she is applying both common sense and bible principles.

It's puzzling that the Bible kicks against adultery and gives the condition for divorce on grounds of infidelity but not domestic abuse or other serious marital issues that cause couples to divorce. I wonder why? Could it be because the Bible was written by men during the time when men ruled and women were considered second-class citizens - a step up from slaves?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Divorce Your Spouse If S/he Infects You With A STD? by beeevan: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2014
If STD isn't enough to end a marriage, then nothing will ever be enough.

(1) (Reply)

Fathers And Would Be Fathers: Is It Normal For A Man To Do This???? / Here's What A Typical Parenting Looks Like. / How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.