Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. (581 Views)

How Much Is Your House Rent / Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. / What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. by sichri(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
I have been searching for a new apartment for about 3 weeks now. During this house hunt I met a landlady who told me clearly that she initially pegged her house rent at N25,000/month for a 3-bedroom flat but agents kept disturbing house to increase it to either N30,000 or N35,000 per month.

Do we call that wickedness or...........?
Re: Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. by GboyegaD(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
It is her choice to either increase it or not and she need not tell you what the agents are advising.
Re: Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. by sichri(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
GboyegaD:
It is her choice to either increase it or not and she need not tell you what the agents are advising.

...the issue is, why should they be pressurising her to increase the rent? You'll discover that agents are the ones responsible for yearly increment in house rents & high cost of acquiring land.
Re: Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. by GboyegaD(m): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
sichri:

...the issue is, why should they be pressurising her to increase the rent? You'll discover that agents are the ones responsible for yearly increment in house rents & high cost of acquiring land.

I feel the agents might contribute to it but the landlords are enjoying the increase or its it the agent that collects the increment on the rent?
Re: Agents And Their Influence On House Rent. by sam13(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
To me i dont believeve the Landlady there is no way an agent can inflence the increment if she does not be a party to it the woman wants to chop alone

(1) (Reply)

Xammel Architecture / Wow!!! This Is An Opportunity For Grab It Ooooo End Of The Year Promo. / Land Sales @ Osapa, Agungi, Lekki Areas In Estate, Ajah Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.