Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,532 members, 7,770,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! (5056 Views)

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. / How To Sign Up For Jumia Affiliate Program / My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by adesmarty2014: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2014
I have been trying different online businesses, some are OK while some are just very unfair. Jumia affiliate program is one of them.
I registered as an affiliate 2months ago and put their advert on my site which gets at least 350-500 views daily. But I noticed that in that period I only got 3 payments as my commission amounting to N2, 450.00.
Now what really annoyed me is that my aunty wanted to buy 5 items which amounts N145,000. I was supposed to get around N6,000 from just this sale but can you imaging that not even 1kobo was recorded. Terrible!
Please if you have experienced such as an affiliate please send a mail to affiliateprogram@
Maybe if it reaches their MD they will act right and pay us our due.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 23, 2014
adesmarty2014:
I have been trying different online businesses, some are OK while some are just very unfair. Jumia affiliate program is one of them.
I registered as an affiliate 2months ago and put their advert on my site which gets at least 350-500 views daily. But I noticed that in that period I only got 3 payments as my commission amounting to N2, 450.00.
Now what really annoyed me is that my aunty wanted to buy 5 items which amounts N145,000. I was supposed to get around N6,000 from just this sale but can you imaging that not even 1kobo was recorded. Terrible!
Please if you have experienced such as an affiliate please send a mail to affiliateprogram@
Too bad lots of people suffer the same Fate as you just did. You can only hope complaints like this get to the management.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by adainternet14: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
It happened to me too o. Na wa o. I sent a mail but they don't seem to care.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by JumiaNG(f): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2014
@adesmarty2014 Apologies for what happened,this could have been caused by a couple of reasons which could be from our end or yours. Kindly leave your email address and phone number so we can reach you and find a way to rectify this issue.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by legalwealth(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2014
JumiaNG:
@adesmarty2014 Apologies for what happened,this could have been caused by a couple of reasons which could be from our end or yours. Kindly leave your email address and phone number so we can reach you and find a way to rectify this issue.

Apology not accepted!

It's obvious that you people are thieves and liars.

You people didn't refund my N4,022 since more than 2 months now that I ordered 3 surge sockets which you cancelled without my consent
with the excuse that your supplier was unable to deliver them.

You said you've refunded the money,I called you people and as well called UBA which they said they didn't see and I didn't as well see on my card up till now.

You people kept mute since then!
The question now is "Is this how my money will go assuming it is a quite a huge sum of money that was involved?".
Only God knows how many Nigerians you people must have defrauded and scammed this way! !!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Samabu07(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
JumiaNG:

Haba, leave his email and phone contact on a public forum? You should post your email and wait for him to re-send his details+complaint.

You are an organisation and wish to go viral so drop your official email and treat his case asap. Other silent affiliates would follow suit.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by stevecantrell: 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
Another thing they like to do is put up a photo on the website and when you get your delivery its a different colour and quality from what you ordered.

Op your comission wasn't lost it was only 'absorbed' by their marketing managers.

Jumia...smh
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 26, 2014
adesmarty2014:
Reading ones post carefully before posting,has always been a spelt out term in nairaland. Observe what I highlighted, you wrote, your aunt WANTED to, that may mean, she actually did not.,did you guide her to click your affilliate link? thereby making the assume purchase? Do you have any evidence of item receipt or payments to jumia?
Note: I have read jumia afilliate agreement, first, paymentss shall be made to an affilliate, if within 90 days, someone buys an item through your link.
Its possible your aunt, if she is computer literate, had logged in, on her own into jumia,s website, purchased items, came home ,taraaagh, see what I ordered, hence you are now fuming.
Get some of these forementioned information and facts, maybe if I shall, look into my legal books. Now I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Tegy24: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
I work as an affiliate member too and purchased orders for people that do not reflect on my panel. Its really sad and annoying. I even called several times to complain. I have a strong computer educational background so i know most of the technology involved when it comes to tracking an affiliate link so trust me i cant make a mistake in my affiliate link. I dont know if its intentional or an Error in your system. But you guys ( JUMIA Nigeria ) needs to sit up and resolve this issues cos it's really a slap on ur face. I sometimes push my site so hard that i pay for online adverts for jumia...but to no result. I know you would be wondering probably nobody bought but even when i get orders ( Clear Cache to be sure its my "Session" thats on) i dont get it reflected on my admin panel account. Sometime i feel am wasting my time pushing jumia nigeria so hard.

I cant express how happy i am to see other people feel same.

@JumiaNg : When you guys started you know how much u spent on Google Ad and facebook Ad. Now ur Affiliates helps alot in advertising for you guys. Please dont make our effort be in vain.
Note your first Affiliate platform was perfect!... but this new platform doesnt track sales.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by chiboy11(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
I did nt even kno dier waz somtin like affiliate marketing,am learning
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Tegy24: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
@Chiboy11 : Affiliate marketing is real. But could be really sad wen the Companies don't play their part. I don't mean to dish any Company.
See below my panel for a week without avertising konga. Some others are very okay. Jumia "was" great but Now "Really sad"

But so sad i cant say anytin for Jumia.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by chiboy11(m): 12:03am On Nov 27, 2014
Plss teach me more,kindly xpand on it, wats d comision like, s it on pecentage n do d company give u a code or wat, I want to kno ow dey kno u refer pple. Tnks
Tegy24:
@Chiboy11 : Affiliate marketing is real. But could be really sad wen the Companies don't play their part. I don't mean to dish any Company.
See below my panel for a week without avertising konga. Some others are very okay. Jumia "was" great but Now "Really sad"

But so sad i cant say anytin for Jumia.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by DoroMega: 3:08am On Nov 27, 2014
Konga rocks anyday anytime.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by adesmarty2014: 7:53am On Nov 27, 2014
It is not fair to do so much adverts online and on my site. Spending time online and money on data, talking to friends, family and strangers alike. Just to make extra income.

All I'm saying is 'JUMIA PLS PAY YOUR AFFLIATES THEIR COMMISSION!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by DoroMega: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
adesmarty2014:
It is not fair to do so much adverts online and on my site. Spending time online and money on data, talking to friends, family and strangers alike. Just to make extra income.

All I'm saying is 'JUMIA PLS PAY YOUR AFFLIATES THEIR COMMISSION!
Yea,i feel you. Why not diversify, give Konga a trial.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Youngzedd(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Try Konga and see the ugliest side.

They will cancel all the higher ones and approve 10 and 20 earnings.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by bolafez(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Learning in progress....am hearing this for the first time
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by chiboy11(m): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
Plss can u guys teach us ow dis whole ting works, am lokin @ starting my own online shop too,I just ned info ow to set dis up plss
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 28, 2014
Most afilliates, when the are given a link, will be clicking at their link, and count it as visitors, not knowing that such firms that give them the links, watch their online activities. Even Google will NOT pay you, even if you re on pay per click.

Try to shorten your afilliate urls, for example /ref?ed3=chiboy, if I see this kind of url, I will know you re an afilliate to konga.why go through you when I can go to konga straight.

Such afilliates url, always and consistently appears in nairaland, sometimes, if you shorten it, moderators will corrupt it. If some of these online shopping has direct and indirect advert with nairaland, it don't see the need of corrupting such.
Maybe that what Seun ordered.

Most importantly Please, Please, read terms and conditions first, its a legal document that must be carried out to term, by both parties, if posible, print out, seek for legal advice, before committing yourself.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Tegy24: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
@indigene: i respect ur opinion but ur words jus shows dat u hv little or no idea abt affiliate marketing. i think u should read more and learn from people in d game. People are making millions and u there talking crap. i think u r a Lawyer please stick to ur profession and stop discouraging grt minds.

@Chiboy11 : Run as far as u can from people like indigene , he will kill ur dreams. I started affiliate marketing wit doubt in my mind but i met the right people and today i make abt 50k from my affiliate programs monthly. and i know people dat make abt 300k monthly cos i hv seen their affiliate payout account. Learn and keep learning and someday u wud smile to d bank.
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by eniolaamoda: 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
JumiaNG:

Hello jumia I need u to clarify me on something
I bought infinix hot2 for my gf
It says on d carton "buy mtn 1gb for 500naira for 12months by sending AONE to 131"
We did d first month it was sucsessful
But the second month was not

I called mtn and they said it meant for just one month

Pls how true is this o?
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by eniolaamoda: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
indigene:

Reading ones post carefully before posting,has always been a spelt out term in nairaland. Observe what I highlighted, you wrote, your aunt WANTED to, that may mean, she actually did not.,did you guide her to click your affilliate link? thereby making the assume purchase? Do you have any evidence of item receipt or payments to jumia?
Note: I have read jumia afilliate agreement, first, paymentss shall be made to an affilliate, if within 90 days, someone buys an item through your link.
Its possible your aunt, if she is computer literate, had logged in, on her own into jumia,s website, purchased items, came home ,taraaagh, see what I ordered, hence you are now fuming.
Get some of these forementioned information and facts, maybe if I shall, look into my legal books. Now I rest my case.

Hi bro,are u a legal lawyer
If yes
Are u on whatsapp
I would like to discuss some issues with u
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by imocheezy(m): 11:24am On Mar 07, 2016
imocheezy.com
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by naijanative: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2018
Please can you do me a favour and share your experiences with Jumia Affiliate on my website ? Here is the link Jumia Affiliate Review

adesmarty2014:
Re: My Experience As A Jumia Affiliate-terrible! by Aom4u2c(m): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
This affiliate thing is frustrating. When I personally sell lower item. The order will be registered for commission but when I sell higher items, it will not be registered. This is so bad and defrauding in nature Jumia

(1) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Latest CBN Policy That Prevents The Use Of ATM Cards Abroad / Xxxxxcc / How Can I Be An Accredited Cac Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.