Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Iphone Won't Charge. What Do I Do? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Iphone Won't Charge. What Do I Do? (1032 Views)

HELP! My Phone Got Bricked, Won't Charge, PC/SP Flashtool Not Detecting It / Funny Places People Charge Their Phone / What To Do When Your Iphone Won't Turn On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Iphone Won't Charge. What Do I Do? by OwillyOscar(m): 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
If you're having issues charging your iPhone, it may be that your device is calling for a new battery. There are lots of things that could be interfering with your iPhone's ability to charge. But before you head out to purchase a new iPhone battery, try these tips.

1. Restart iPhone

Restarting your iPhone can be of great help. It won't solve the more serious problems, but if your phone won't charge, give it a restart and try plugging it in again. Also see: 21 Tips to Extend iPhone Battery Life

2. Clean the Inside of the Lightning Port

A lot of dirt, sand, lint, and other debris can get jammed up in that Lightning port, and it will prevent the contacts on the Lightning connector from hitting their marks inside the port.

If your iPhone suddenly stopped charging, make sure you clean all of the junk out of the port using a small tool. Try using the SIM card remover that came with your device. Be careful when using the tool so you don't damage the port and permanently screw up the connection to the charger.

Using the SIM card remover tool, slowly stuck the pin side of the Lightning port, all the way to the bottom, and slowly went around the oval shape of the port a couple of times. Pull the pin out, you will see some dirt. Once you loosen some of the dirt stuck in there, you now free to blow into the port to dislodge it. Be careful so you don't spit in there.

3. Check USB Cable

There is a possibility that there's a problem with the USB cable you're using to connect the iPhone to your power adapter. To be sure if your USB cable is not the problem, test it with another iPhone and see if it works. If you find that it is your USB cable that's broken, buy a new one but avoid buying cheap one.

4. Use iPhone Recovery Mode

Sometimes problems occurring with your iPhone require more extensive steps to solve them. One of those measures is Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode is like a restart, but can help solve more simple problems. When you use Recovery Mode, your phone will expect to have its data restored from a backup or probably returned to factory settings.

5. Avoid Charging With the Keyboard

Before complaining about your iPhone not charging, make sure you're charging it in the right place. Because iPhone has high power demands, it needs to be charged using high-speed USB ports. The USB ports that are included on some keyboards don't provide enough power to recharge the iPhone.

6. Check Your Wall Charger

Are you charging your iPhone using a wall charger power adapter? Well, the problem could be the adapter that's preventing your device from charging. Just as it is with the USB cable, the only way to check this is by getting another power adapter and trying to charge your phone with it, or you could also try charging via a computer instead.

7. Check USB Port

If you are sure that you’re using the right kind of USB port, then it may be the USB port itself that's broken. Try plugging your iPhone into another USB port on your computer. If it works then the USB ports on your computer may be broken.

Read more here: http://trendymediablog.com/2014/11/my-iphone-wont-charge-what-do-i-do/

(1) (Reply)

New Blackberry Z3 Phone For Sale @ 32k / How To Activate Whatsapp Monthly Data Bundle On MTN For Free / Run Multiple Whatsapp On A Single Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.