Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,912 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Z30 Or S4? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Z30 Or S4? (37155 Views)

Nokia Lumia 730, Or Samsung Galaxy S3, Or S4 Which Do I Buy?? / Swapping!! Toshiba Lappy And A Z30 Or Q10 Blackberry / Advice Needed: Blackberry Z30 Or Samsung S5/samsung Note 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
chukux2:

This is a tough choice as they're both top quality for both fields. Presently on Slot S4 is 58k and Z30 is 68k. 10k difference.

I presently use a Z3 in combination with my Gionee M2. The only reason i bought the Z3 was for data alone. Glo's 3gb for 1k. I do 95% of my activities on the M2 by tethering it to the Z3. Yes i'm an Android fan boy through and through.

My advice would be go for the cheaper S4 and then buy a cheaper BB10...possible Z3 to provide your internet needs. That is what i would do if i were you. Buying the Z3 might over shoot your budget but it's the long term best of both world's situation. A sexy phone with the S4, and lots and lots of data to enjoy it with, with the Z3.

Good luck!
My combination is Blackberry 9860 and Tecno F6, will get the Z3 soon as my 9860 has served for close to 3 years.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by nollyway(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
S4 has no comparison with z30. even GOOGLE proves dat...bros s4 is for u..LIFE COMPANION!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
benromeo39:
I have been been facing this problem of indecision for a while.

The s4 beats the z30 in all ramifications, and due to the drastic fall in price of the s4, they are now around the same price.

Also the z30 has a cheaper data sub( glo 3 gig for 1k), I need advice on which to pick.

Please share your views, thank you.
d glu 3gb works on all android

na hear I hear am o
Re: Z30 Or S4? by kamez(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
U guys should please stop all this talk about HD games on phones abeg.. Not everyone has interest in using their phones for games..

I use a galaxy S4 and I don't have a single game on my phone.. If I wan play game, I stick to my PS3 because I love gaming on very large screens.. Not 4.7 inch screens..

OP stick to the S4 anyway. I use it and I love it.. But handle with care.. If the phone fall, na 25k tins for new screen.but overall its a beast of a machine

6 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by hrakabz(f): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
Kai Abokee, go do what ur mind tells u jorr....if I get you clear I can see that U prefer s4 than z30, cuz u jst mention u currently are using a Z10, using Z30 wud be lyk u are using a bigger version with better battery life, I personally wud rather go forZ30 , but bcuz sum other ppl ddnt enjoyed the S4 dosent mean u wudnt enjoy it as well...mayb u shud go for S4 since u want to try sumthn new, after getting it if u aint cool wid how it is u can just change it to Z30, that wudnt be a problem [quote][/quote]
Re: Z30 Or S4? by nkpommpko(m): 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Z30 is for seroius local and international buisness men, S4 for people that do not no the value of the internet, and its rugged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Z30 Or S4? by allanphash7(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nokia 3310 is d best
Re: Z30 Or S4? by stanisbaratheon: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
for those of you telling the OP to keep 25K if he buys the S4 read this

Samsung ADH Customer Service Benefit (ADH), which stands for Accidental
Damage from Handling, is a unique
product offering designed exclusively
for Samsung Electronics Africa as a
world first from a Device
manufacturer point of view. Initially ADH will be offered on the Samsung
Galaxy S4 Smartphone; however more
Samsung Smart Devices will follow and
will be eligible for the ADH customer
benefit in future.
ADH will be incorporated into the existing Samsung 24-month standard
factory warranty on the GALAXY S4
and will protect your device from
accidental damage during normal use.
It will cover screen repairs and liquid
damage repairs to your device that is damaged within the Samsung 24
month warranty period. Each Device is
allowed 2 incidents per 24-month
period:
1 Screen repair and 1 liquid damage
repair OR
2 screen repairs
OR
2 liquid damage repairs
Should both a liquid damage and
screen damage incident occur as your first incident and at the same time,
this will constitute both the first and
the second incident within the 24
month warranty period and your ADH
cover will cease.
If the second incident is both a screen damage and a liquid damage at the
same time, then the ADH repair will
be provided to the ‘greater of’
damage, be it liquid damage or screen
damage and the ‘lessor of’ damage
will be for the account of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Device owner.
It is very important that after
purchasing your Galaxy S4, you then
register it through the Samsung E-
warranty service. To register, just
follow the simple steps below: 1. Go to ‘messages*’ application from
your Samsung Galaxy S4
2. Create new message
3. Type your Country’s Short code under
recipient
4. Then type : REG*IMEI NUMBER# 5. Send
You will get an initial response that
reads:
“Thank you for buying a Samsung S4.
Registration SUCCESSFUL. You have 2
year warranty from date of purchase. This will be followed by a Second
message to all S4 users:
(* Standard SMS rates apply in the
selected countries - Nigerian
Code 20353) In the event of damage, you will then
be able to take the device to an
Accredited Samsung Service Centre
who will replace the screen or board
free of charge with no incident fee
having to be paid by the customer.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
tomiobj:
. I said necessary android apps. Nd to create. Doc documents (ms word) u need third party app to do that
Nd the predictive text of BlackBerry 10.e is d best in d world. Even Wikipedia nd samsung ceo admits it. Nd d s4 only has aautocorrect
Nd changing ur imei is illegal

A BlackBerry can separate ur work nd personal accts. U can check /read notifs from any app while using it @ d same time
I can Gv d s4 advantage over the usage of d front camera to tell if u r looking @ d screen
A BlackBerry can neva crash nnd changing ur imei or rooting ur fone can cause it to crash. Or u can end up getting a virus

A BlackBerry never has a virus. After 8 months ur s4 will start launching via safe mode till it dies
BlackBerry natural sound improves ur reception. Nd to mention d z30 has 2 antennas which is useful for nigerian networks
on BlackBerry z30 can video call /voice call nd screen share. Just like screen grabbing but in a video form and real time. E u can be in us and from ur fone u can watch me type this article in a video form from the screen of ur fone real time
guy did u just say a BB cannot crash?

2 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by chucky234(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
Only those who never had the opportunity to experience the magic of Z30 will choose S4 over the Z30, I bought my S4 in the first month of launch and used it for some months before selling it off to get the amazing HTC One M7, I hate the plastic housing of the S4 especially with the China cloned in every corner of Lagos.
BB10 to me is the best OS, having the Z30 armed with the best OS around is a dream, though I have the HTC One M8 but my Z30 brings me undefined joy.

8 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
who said u can't change ur s4 imei to enjoy glo bis?
since it's not an mtk device u can use gravitybox or terminal emulator to change the imei.
so op i will advice u to get s4 bb is meant for the trash can

just kiddig.
op if u want a smooth lag free phone get z30
but if u want a phone u can twerk around with get s4
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
Collinz2:
the battery life depend on the user. No smart phone battery can last for a whole day on my hand.
none can last 6 hours on mine

1 Like

Re: Z30 Or S4? by clevvermind(m): 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
What is the price of the 2 phones.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Collinz2:
the battery life depend on the user. No smart phone battery can last for a whole day on my hand.
none can last for 6 hours in mine
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
okiezman:
S4 without subscription is better than z30 with subscription

I disagree with you. You are Ukraine (that's if you r reli u Ukraine coz I don't understand Nigerians these days, everybody dey France or dey go France, don't know why) were free wifi is everywhere. Z30 is da bomb, plus subscription wahala out of its radar unlike S4. BB10 Rocks!

1 Like

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
Please house, what about Q10, is it ok? Tnks
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Collinz2(m): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
Baddestguyp:
none can last 6 hours on mine
u mst be heavy gamer gringringrin
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Django50: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
The problem with S4 starts frm differentiating ORIGINAL frm REFURBISHED....which Z30 do not have as a problem. Data consumption rate of S4 is much more with any network compared to Z30, ur Hotspot connection with other device on Z30 is incomparable to S4. Now am using OS version 10.3 in my Z30 which gives it edge over 10.2, and yet it Dosnt mal-function....PLZ Z30 over s4 or ex4

1 Like

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
OlamiB:
Please house, what about Q10, is it ok? Tnks

Q10 is also very okay. Even Q5 which is the lowest. BB10 is magic!

2 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by sirjoe001(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
S4 is far beter Dan z30
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
slinkman:

https://m.facebook.com/SmarthphonesUpdate/posts/364695300357178

DO IT YOURSELF, IT IS VERY EASY AND WORKS ON YOUR PHONE.. ROOT YOUR PHONE FIRST
Okay bro thanks. Will surely take a stab at it.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by kennosklint(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
benromeo39:
This is really hard. Some peeps are saying they sold s4 to get z30 and others are saying their z30 was sold to get s4.
come op hope say nor play u com use person play hia...ur money don complete to buy d fone or u still de gada am
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Electronzeez(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
Very simple.
Do you want to economize?..go for z30.i dont think black berry have got a service center in nigeria, should your phone develope any fault...OYO lowa.
Do you wish to stay smart for a period of two years?...go for s4

s4 is adh(accidental damage due to handling) warranted, meaning if your s4 screen got broken your warranty is still intact....but subscription wise s4 is a no go area.it consume data like you are on pc.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Femistico(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
benromeo39:
my thoughts exactly. I'm using a z10 at the moment, changing to z30 is gonna seem like I'm holding a bigger version with better battery life.

Give me a few tips on the cheap data you mentioned.
guy am proud to be an s4 user and am recommending it for u jes go get it nd u wont regret it..
u can buy cheap data from all dis resellers now like 1k or 1.2k for 1gig chikena
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Collinz2:
u mst be heavy gamer gringringrin
lol I swear, just install an mmo, if d battery even lasts 3 hours thank God. one almost spoilt my phone but I still dey play am
Re: Z30 Or S4? by Thebrightest(m): 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
slinkman:
do you know you can change your phone imei within 2 minutes and use that glo bis on your gionee m2 flawlessly. I use glo bis on my Android and i have been using it for over 7 months now. also glo mtn and airtel bis works flawlessly on Android. Data is no longer a problem for Android users. it has long been solved.
The way God go bless you with that that sensible comment, you ursef no go believe. I also use gionee m2 and the only time i have lacked data was when i misplaced my glo sim. Some people still dey mumu go dey buy bb because of the same subscription wey dey work with all android MTK devices. My brother ignorance is a disease ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by okiezman(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Stelvin101:

I disagree with you. You are Ukraine (that's if you r reli u Ukraine coz I don't understand Nigerians these days, everybody dey France or dey go France, don't know why) were free wifi is everywhere. Z30 is da bomb, plus subscription wahala out of its radar unlike S4. BB10 Rocks!

Anyway country differ though here in Ukraine we don't care bout blackberry.
Re: Z30 Or S4? by okiezman(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
Thebrightest:
(Quote) (Report) 5943419679 Likes (Unlike) 85 Shares (Share)

LoL....
Re: Z30 Or S4? by mrdahero(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
Dats y android is an open source u can tweak it unlike ur useless bb
Re: Z30 Or S4? by dealeh: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
benromeo39:

The s4 beats the z30 in all ramifications, and due to the drastic fall in price of the s4, they are now around the same price.

Also the z30 has a cheaper data sub( glo 3 gig for 1k), I need advice on which to pick.

Below are few reasons to like or dislike it [Z30]

Points of Improvements expected from Blackberry. And Pros and Cons of the Device.

User Profile: This device is made for users who will use this one 60% for emails and communication and 30% for gaming and 10% for Photography.

What I liked in the device:

1) The Blackberry OS 10.2 which has very good Hub integration for all notifications.
2) The button less device for getting back to home page with gestures.
3) Multi tasking and keeping multiple apps working simultaneously.
4) The solid built and feel. In hand the device feels premium.
5) Stereo Speaker output is amazing. Love to listen to music on keeping it on loudspeaker.
6) The music output and headsets are surprisingly very good for a business device.
7) OS apps for business users like built in Office, Zip, Scan etc.
cool Facility of downloading and installing Android Applications from third party app downloaders like OneMobile etc.
9) BATTERY: Amazing battery life. It goes for 1.5 days for me with heavy usage of wifi, FB, Whatsapp and twitter
10) HDMI port: It allows me to connect to my HD TV to see videos/presentations etc.
11) With Blackberry coming up with OS 10.3 there will be improvement in the look and feel.

What I dont like in the device:

1) The Blackberry aaps like FB, Twitter, Linkedin is lagging behind as compared to android and iOS apps.
2) The downloaded android apps dont show notifications in the blackberry HUB.
3) Not all Android app are working on this device. For. e.g all banking apps etc.
4) The screen brightness is little dull. It can be improved
5) Camera needs lots of improvement in terms of speed, clarity, and software.
6) Accessories like cover, screen guards, pouch etc is not easily available. The one which are available are very expensive
7) Slow updates from Blackberry for essential apps like Whatsapp, FB, Twitter, BBM and also the OS updates are very slow. Rating: If the camera was good or of 8 MP i would have given 4.5 stars. 4 stars for battery life, multi-tasking, music, emails and built quality. I would recommend this device to business users and not to the multi media savy people who goes for photography and gaming.

3 Likes

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Crispels(m): 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
benromeo39:

Guy go for the Injoo Note, It has better specs at a cheaper price..

Get it on

The phone is a bomb, It runs on android 4,4kit kat(same os with s4)

It has 13mp back facing camera and 5mp front facing camera(better selfie than s4)

It has better battery life too, and you can get the phone and accessories for less than 25k..

Re: Z30 Or S4? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
Best answer: Android OS is better than Blackberry OS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) / 3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.