Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End (2186 Views)

This Is How You Eat When You Pay 50k For Aso Ebi[funny Photo] / If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
I was eating a meal yesterday when I remember d time we call IGBEYIN SEMESTER (igbeyin means end ,it's actually a Yoruba word),some call it semester end time ,lots of names used in describing this time ,to mention a few.
Below are d types n methods of preparation:

1. The compound I stay off campus is endowed with bananas (d variety I don't know )
When this time we call igbeyin semester comes my roommate and I would cut a bunch of banana from d garden , peel n slice all of it to chips.
We then fry it in a hot vegetable oil.
So,what would u give kinda food ? We call it banana chips.
Its great especially when u are damn hungry.

2 . there's always much garri when semester is coming to a close or is d cheapest (students knows this)
So,we decided to give a new shot by ''inventing' another type of food just not to b taking garium sulphate all d time.
We gonna prepare stock as if we wanna cook jollof rice but at d end we pour garri in lieu of rice.cooked n cooled for sometime, cut like a cake and eat.this was d best...lolz
You could give it a try trust me u gonna like it .its called jollof garium.

3. This one is called white jollof rice .this method came to existence becos we have no more vegetable oil nor palm oil.so we cook d rice with salt n seasoning.

Lots and lots of it which I could not remember .
Sammyt95 could testify to this...

Add urs (name n method of preparation maybe that could be a panacea to somebody) lolz ...
N also d name u call this semester end in your school.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by hannesy(f): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
No 2 is kinda sweet lol ate it once from my rummy
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
hannesy:
No 2 is kinda sweet lol eat it once from my rummy
that's actually ma favorite
So,what do call semester end Time in or school??
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by hannesy(f): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
lmao dnt know oooo
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
Is typing message
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Fabdedon(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
is typing from mozambique
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by mesoade(m): 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Here in france,
Our food allowance is part of our school fees
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Rapsainot(m): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
you're an infidelity if eat those foods here in AFGHANISTAN undecided
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by kowema(f): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
We Call it Passion weeks or Critical season in uniben..At this time, Egusi is used to make egg sauce( Just soak in water n fry with ur last veg oil, pepper n salt etc) n use to eat ur last yam or rice....During this period, New Collabos wud be formed, people wud pair and make frnds with people u neva imagined even long distance Cus of hunger strike... That time u wud see odd partnerships.... There was a time wen I and my roomates cooked the most absurd food Eva eaten in my life...I had just 2 tubers of potatoes, another had small yam,another small rice, another small beans another small plantain and another maggi..we combined everytn n one of my roomie said she got nothing but hands , mouth n stomach so she did the cooking... Lol, see combo na, but it was interesting....Forget story o, we don chop all manner for this life way we come

1 Like

Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
kowema:
We Call it Passion weeks or Critical season in uniben..At this time, Egusi is used to make egg sauce( Just soak in water n fry with ur last veg oil, pepper n salt etc) n use to eat ur last yam or rice....During this period, New Collabos wud be formed, people wud pair and make frnds with people u neva imagined even long distance Cus of hunger strike... That time u wud see odd partnerships.... There was a time wen I and my roomates cooked the most absurd food Eva eaten in my life...I had just 2 tubers of potatoes, another had small yam,another small rice, another small beans another small plantain and another maggi..we combined everytn n one of my roomie said she got nothing but hands , mouth n stomach so she did the cooking... Lol, see combo na, but it was interesting....Forget story o, we don chop all manner for this life way we come
lols ...
Great one
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Epistemology(f): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
here in my hostel/UNIBEN we call it critical period
for me iont knw abt any critical food except garri. Like yesterday I ate eggroll for breakfast, skipped lunch...... Garri and biscuit for dinnercheesy ...... Can't wait to go back homecry
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Epistemology:

for me iont knw abt any critical food except garri. Like yesterday I ate eggroll for breakfast, skipped lunch...... Garri and biscuit for dinnercheesy ...... Can't wait to go back homecry
hmm ur code is 1:0:1
Dear,It's just a matter of time
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rapsainot:
you're an infidelity if eat those foods here in AFGHANISTAN undecided
oh u don't these foods are better of their best food dear ...
Wetin dem dey chop self na make bullet dey inside guns
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Fabdedon:
is typing from mozambique
I thought as much
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Epistemology:

hello there what hall you in,I'm right in ekosodin
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mine was back in secondary school....
Towards the end, hostel life becomes unbearable. Gusgus without oil, kulikuli or sardine just garri, maggi, salt and little water. grin

Thank God Things started changing while going back to the university.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
aaronson:
hello there what hall you in,I'm right in ekosodin
guy no b hook up things naa undecided

Teamnajokeidey#
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
3cycle:
Mine was back in secondary school....
Towards the end, hostel life becomes unbearable. Gusgus without oil, kulikuli or sardine just garri, maggi, salt and little water. grin

Thank God That started changing while going back to the university.
testimony!!!
Lols
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
guy no b hook up things naa undecided

Teamnajokeidey#
how does it affect your balls from hanging low and staying grounded
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
aaronson:
undecided
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by kowema(f): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2014
aaronson:
Its was just a simple joke duh!...Uniben bios una blood too dey hot!
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2014
kowema:

don't mind I even tagged to make him know
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by lyly911(f): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2014
Epistemology
post=28283977:

for me iont knw abt any critical food except garri. Like yesterday I
ate eggroll for breakfast, skipped lunch...... Garri and biscuit for
dinnercheesy ...... Can't wait to go back homecry
my Uniben brethren; what dept are you nd level?
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
kowema:

hey miss you sound warm,if it was you who wrote that as a joke I wouldn't have taken the shot back,Real Niqqaz Don't Joke,We Leave It To The Sissies.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by owunne2ucheks(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
Joshpet1:
I was eating a meal yesterday when I remember d time we call IGBEYIN SEMESTER (igbeyin means end ,it's actually a Yoruba word),some call it semester end time ,lots of names used in describing this time ,to mention a few.

1. The compound I stay off campus is endowed with bananas (d variety I don't know )
When this time we call igbeyin semester comes my roommate and I would cut a bunch of banana from d garden , peel n slice all of it to chips.

2 . there's always much garri when semester is coming to a close or is d cheapest (students knows this)
So,we decided to give a new shot by ''inventing' another type of food just not to b taking garium sulphate all d time.
We gonna prepare stock as if we wanna cook jollof rice but at d end we pour garri in lieu of rice.cooked n cooled for sometime, cut like a cake and eat.this was d best...lolz

3. This one is called white jollof rice .this method came to existence becos we have no more vegetable oil nor palm oil.so we cook d rice with salt n seasoning.

Add urs (name n method of preparation maybe that could be a panacea to somebody) lolz ...
me and my roomy,that time we cook beans,the beans must be nearing liquid state then we bring it back to solid state with gariumglucorite,now it's very good and ready for consuption.I personally invented this food.I call it concrete.this food can get you filled the whole day.give it a try and thank me later.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
owunne2ucheks:
me and my roomy,that time we cook beans,the beans must be nearing liquid state then we bring it back to solid state with gariumglucorite,now it's very good and ready for consuption.I personally invented this food.I call it concrete.this food can get you filled the whole day.give it a try and thank me later.
I do this too
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by SammyT95(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2014
Joshpet1:

hahahahaha gringringrin Banana lodge experience gringringrin
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2014
SammyT95:
hahahahaha gringringrin Banana lodge experience gringringrin
abi naa
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Femistico(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2014
those foods are suicidal here in Madagascar

(1) (Reply)

Manage Your Health And Size With Natural Supplement / 3 In One Hand Blender For Sale / My Sapa Level Jellof Rice With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.