Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! (5590 Views)

Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / Shell Scholarship Award For University Undergraduates Application Is Out / Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by jaybiz007(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Eighty percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University
Undergraduates
By Zuby | November 23, 2014
A University don, Prof. Elizabeth Balogun, on Wednesday
in Abeokuta, Ogun State, expressed her concern over the
prevalence of prostitution among female undergraduates
in the country.
Balogun said the Sxs trade had become rampant on
Nigerian campuses to such an extent that 80 percent of
prostitutes that patronise night clubs, hotels and tourist
centres in Ogun State are students of tertiary institutions.
Prof. Balogun,a Biochemistry lecturer at the University of
Ilorin, said this at a seminar organised by the National
Association of Nigerian Students to mark its 31st
anniversary where she delivered a lecture titled
“Prostitution on our campuses: Effects and solutions.”
Click to continue reading.
The guest speaker, who expressed regret said, “It is
absurd to the level that young undergraduate lady would
leave normal academic chores of attending lectures and
visiting libraries for further studies during the day, only to
metamorphose in the evening into a call-girl or love-vendor.
“There is no doubt that prostitution in the long run
corrupts the quality of the nation’s future leaders and
affects their values. Understanding that
young females constitute appreciable percentage of the
nation’s population, little could be expected from them
productively if they had been turned into cheap Sxsual
machines, with warped self-esteem and self-
actualisation.
“Inordinate desire for affluence and desperation by many
Nigerians, especially ladies lure them to engage in immoral
and illicit activities, despite high level of religiousness
which Nigerians overtly demonstrate. Even the present
scourge of HIV/AIDS and the menace of ritual killers that
find easy prey among prostitutes, have not been strong
enough to curb the rising trend of the practice.”
She urged the government to improve funding on
education in order to drastically reduce cost of attaining
higher education which will curb the rising trend of the
practice.
source: www.globalruns.com

1 Like

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by braine(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
How did they arrive at the statistics?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by jaybiz007(m): 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
braine:
I am just as curious to know bro. people tends to throw around figures indiscriminately of recent without backing it up with facts, most especially in this part of the globe.

1 Like

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by braine(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
jaybiz007:

I am just as curious to know bro. people tends to throw around figures indiscriminately of recent without backing it up with facts, most especially in this part of the globe.

I can assure you that 99% of those people don't have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by jaybiz007(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
braine:

lol grin
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by zizazizu: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Seminar titled "prostitution in our campuses" and she goes to say 80pcent of Ogun prostitutes r undergraduates without saying how she arrived at it. That is just lazy. Because she be prof? Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Freshtomato(f): 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
braine:

My thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by missdebs(f): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
i schooled in abeokuta for five years and i can say for a fact that this is true...mostly from mapoly and fce osiele,guys even call these places 'poultry'

3 Likes

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by asaridokuboyansh(m): 12:13am On Nov 24, 2014
If those statistic's are true,then I wonder what must have driven young ladies into such,.pls prostitution is not hustling,there better ways to get money without selling your body.
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by MisterLongman(m): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2014
braine:

Lol.......
You know nigerians now. I'm sure its an opinion and not investigation
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Truckpusher(m): 2:34am On Nov 24, 2014
braine:

Keep denying reality until it hits you in the face. grin
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Undergraduate,or claiming to be undergraduate.

Imagine one claiming to be a Lasu undergraduate,I asked her who's her HOC,she said the man is lazy,he doesn't come to class to lecture them often.

I laughed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by omokab: 6:09am On Nov 24, 2014
This is one of the reason we are saying most of our professors were too lazy to carry out the research work.If I may ask,who is this professor expecting to patronize night club if not the undergraduate students.Is it possible for a lady selling tomato or rice in the market to go night clu if at all there will be just only few.Narrow it down to ogun state is another reason I said they are lazy or she is lazy.she sould go to any part of Nigeria campuses the case is the same.Mind you not that am supporting it because I have never for ones go to night club in my life which I can't try it in my life.What the title should have been is "prostitution in our campuses,A case study of olabisi onanbanjo university"please am not a professor or phd am just a first degree holder so I don't want people to see it as if am challenging the professor.Thamks
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by godofwar666(m): 6:50am On Nov 24, 2014
asaridokuboyansh:
If those statistic's are true,then I wonder what must have driven young ladies into such,.pls prostitution is not hustling,there better ways to get money without selling your body.
yes we are listening! Tell us the better ways to make money? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2014
Whether it is 10% of 90% doesn't really matter. The fact is that it is common knowledge that prostitution is rampant on campuses of universities up and down the whole of Nigeria.

The problem stems from corruption and mismanagement of resources by the federal government.

Vote for Buhari in 2015
braine:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2014
this one is strong!
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Thank God i didnt school in Ogun State. grin
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by ifaoni(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2014
Haha, means there wont be Any prob of unemployment there.
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by johnstar(m): 7:59am On Nov 24, 2014
k
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by FolabiCash: 8:01am On Nov 24, 2014
85% are MAPOLY students
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2014
Did she castigate those patronising 'em? NO. Madam professor, SAINTS DON'T JUDGE undecided tongue sad cool
I hate people standing in judgement of others embarassed
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by eightsin(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2014
braine:

They like stating figure without evidence or statistics
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by ramzylipi(m): 8:29am On Nov 24, 2014
missdebs:
i schooled in abeokuta for five years and i can say for a fact that this is true...mostly from mapoly and fce osiele,guys even call these places 'poultry'
When I saw ur picture, I was doubting if it was u or nt, nt until I saw d post, unaabite awuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by bigtt76(f): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2014
Cost of education not the issue.... Real issue is peer pressure. These girls all want to look flashy and send at the detriment of their studies.
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by omotenah(f): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2014
breaking news?
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by gen2briz(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2014
braine:

Because they patronise each other....
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by honeyad(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2014
if what they refer to as prostitute is ladies requesting for money before or after sex then Their statistics is wrong... 93% of them na "olosho" (packaged prostitute) they believe that's the right hustle.. Hardly will u see a osu or mapoly girl girl give u free pu ceeee pu.na.ni mehn embarassed grin
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Neldrizzy(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2014
i see no reason why a girl well brought up would go into prostitution jus to look flashy... Girls no de fear God again!!
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Dreyl(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Adonbilivit
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Dreyl(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2014
Pics of them or Adonbilivit.
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by Geeblaze4(f): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2014
That prof can lie sha,if 80pcent are prostitutes in ogun,then 99.9pcent are prostitutes in lagos or ibadan...because those cities are larger and developed than ogun,ogun state is peaceful!infact there are no prostitutes here o tongue
Re: Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! by missdebs(f): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2014
ramzylipi:
When I saw ur picture, I was doubting if it was u or nt, nt until I saw d post, unaabite awuuuuuu
i sight u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) / He Died Because He Snapped This Photo / I Need An Update On Lasu Part Time Registration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.