Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? (15138 Views)

Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant / Can A Girl Who Is Not Pregnant Produce Breast Milk By Constant Sucking / I Have Not Seen My Period For Two Months Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
I got a letter from a client of mine two days ago, and it reads..

Hi, i'm joyce, i'm a 23 years old woman, planning to marry early december. But i have a problem that seems mysterious to me and can affect my marriage. I've been observing for the last 3months that i've not seen my period.. And i and my fiance havent had sex because he has been in ghana, and i in nigeria. But i still decided to have a pregnancy test. I did the test and it showed negative.. I became confused and disturbed, so i decided to see a doctor, who said that nothing is wrong with me..but its really strange that i'm not seeing my period. Im shaking right now... As i write this letter, i've done 8 good pregnancy tests which proved negative. I don't know what is wrong with me, i've never heard of this in my whole life. Please help me. I dont know what the hell is happening?!

Wow sad dear nairalanders, joyce needs your help, what do you think about this? And how can it be cured? Thanks
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Her period should be in France

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by valmunich(m): 12:22am On Nov 24, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
grin
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Sultan5(m): 12:44am On Nov 24, 2014
When you don't have monthly periods—a condition called amenorrhea—you're most likely not ovulating, or releasing an egg. You’re right to always take a pregnancy test first when this happens—pregnancy is the most common reason. However, there are other things that could cause you to miss your period: Getting off or switching to a new birth control, stress, diet changes or sudden weight loss or gain can throw off your cycles. If none of those apply to you, your doctor can do tests for three specific hormonal imbalances that can lead to missed periods: thyroid disease (over- or under-active thyroid), pituitary disease (which generally indicates a benign cyst) and polycystic ovarian syndrome. In the short term, a few missed periods aren’t a cause for concern; many women who aren’t on hormonal birth control miss a period or two every once in awhile. If you miss three periods in a row, however, I would recommend that you see your doctor to make sure that you don’t have a problem that needs treatment.

Got this from Google, hope it helps
For more detailed explanation you can check out this site; http://www.mypregnancybaby.com/reasons-missed-period/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
I concur because Nigerians in Latvia can't see her period either
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:59am On Nov 24, 2014
shyna01:

I concur because Nigerians in Latvia can't see her period either
Yea right cos I called my grandsons in Somalia, and they still haven't found it
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by mascot87(m): 2:22am On Nov 24, 2014
EroticAngelina:

Hi, i'm joyce, i'm a 23 years old woman, planning to marry early december. But i have a problem that seems mysterious to me and can affect my marriage. I've been observing for the last 3months that i've not seen my period.. And i and my fiance havent had sex because he has been in ghana, and i in nigeria. But i still decided to have a pregnancy test. I did the test and it showed negative.. I became confused and disturbed, so i decided to see a doctor, who said that nothing is wrong with me..but its really strange that i'm not seeing my period. Im shaking right now... As i write this letter, i've done 8 good pregnancy tests which proved negative. I don't know what is wrong with me, i've never heard of this in my whole life. Please help me. I dont know what the hell is happening?!

Wow sad dear nairalanders, joyce needs your help, what do you think about this? And how can it be cured? Thanks

I think she needs to get laid undecided
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Jennydoris(f): 6:11am On Nov 24, 2014
Visit a gynaecologist and have them test your hormones and infection. Sometimes our body system changes and same with our hormone. It maybe hormonal imbalance or infection. It's better you visit a gyna.

1 Like

Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 24, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
hmmmm, are u sure the pirates over there don't have it?
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by ikombe: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2014
she should go and drink DR IGBOKOGBOKO cleanser grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by successking401(m): 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
EroticAngelina:

mark my word,infection is responsible.you can check my signature if you need more explaination/contact me on that.Please note,it is better cured now that it is still in crisis stage.dont allow the infection/antibodies to gain ground over your body immunity.still not a must that you contact me h'ever make sure you dont mingle with a quark.treat ursef early.my 2cent
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by toaspromo(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Absence of Periods

The medical term used to describe "absence of periods" is amenorrhea. Women normally do not menstruate before puberty, during pregnancy, and after menopause. If a woman does not get her period when she normally should, it may be the symptom of a treatable medical condition.

There are two types of amenorrhea: primary amenorrhea and secondary amenorrhea. Primary amenorrhea is when a young woman has not had her first period by the age of 16. Secondary amenorrhea is when a woman who has had normal menstrual cycles stops getting her monthly period for three or more months.

Your Monthly Cycle: Understanding Ovulation and Fertility
What Causes Amenorrhea?

Amenorrhea can be caused by any number of changes in the organs, glands, and hormones involved in menstruation.

Possible causes of primary amenorrhea (when a woman never gets her first period) include:

Failure of the ovaries (female sex organs that hold eggs)
Problems in the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) or the pituitary gland (a gland in the brain that makes hormones involved in menstruation)
Poorly formed reproductive organs

In many cases, the cause of primary amenorrhea is not known.

Common causes of secondary amenorrhea (when a woman who has had normal periods stops getting them) include:

Pregnancy
Breast feeding
Stopping the use of birth control
Menopause
Some birth control methods, such as Depo-Provera

Other causes of secondary amenorrhea include:

Stress
Poor nutrition
Depression
Certain drugs
Extreme weight loss
Over-exercising
Ongoing illness
Sudden weight gain or being very overweight (obesity)
Hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Thyroid gland disorders
Tumors on the ovaries or brain (rare)

A woman who has had her uterus or ovaries removed will also stop menstruating.
CALL ME

1 Like

Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by xtervaganza(m): 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
Joyce is diseased

simple!
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by evanscheck(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2014
I wud advice u to go and do a test to check not for pregnancy but for infection... now I know money cud be a problem so I wud say u shud get these drugs flagyl (1 tab tds 3/7) and ampicillin(1 tab qds 3/7) ( not ampiclox) . These med shud last u for 3 days after that observe for a week. If no change, its den mandatory u do all the test mentioned above by other nairaland users
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by lilo2hot(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2014
Monopause at a very young age grin
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by temmytayur(f): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
This had happened to a friend hers was over four months and was due to infection, I suggest u go herbal,she took trevo herbal drink and she also took some other herbs.Its serious ooo could cause infertility.
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
i guess you have std. go and do checkup....cheers. all the best in #bring back my period
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by ghost1718(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2014
complete the pregnancy test 10 timesundecided before i tell u what is wrong with u,

fine a dude that will bleep u to no the problem since ur husband is in ghanaundecided
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Chiscomax(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
You shouldbe happy you are not bleeding naa
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by ernecy(m): 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:

Bros dis na serious matter now grin grin
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2014
ernecy:

Bros dis na serious matter now grin grin
lol cheesy
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Youngpo413: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
lolz
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Gigihealth: 12:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Secondary amenorrhea happens when a woman who has experienced menstrual periods but stops menstruating for about 3 months or more consecutive months. Secondary amenorrhea is a type of amenorrhea, and can be quite confusing and scary for a lady. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/secondary-amenorrhea-youve-not-seen-your-period-for-more-than-3-months-and-youre-not-pregnant-read-this/
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by gynny(f): 1:32am On Jul 15, 2016
Secondary amenorrhea is a type of amenorrhea. There are several factors which cause amenorrhea, and this can be quite confusing for a lady. Click on the link below to read more on amenorrhea, causes of amenorrhea and some treatment options.
http://www.gigihealth.com/secondary-amenorrhea-youve-not-seen-your-period-for-more-than-3-months-and-youre-not-pregnant-read-this/
Re: I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? by Fellyonyekanwa(f): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
@Joyce, you are facing hormonal imbalance. u need to be treated to correct what ever have bn damaged in the system. call or WhatsApp me 080-323530128 for your treatment and d more info

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government / ABUAD Signs Mou With Dubai Hospital To End Overseas Medical Tourism / COVID-19 Update For September 28 2020 In Nigeria - (2,549 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.