Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Successful Job Search Strategies For Mature Workers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Successful Job Search Strategies For Mature Workers (614 Views)

8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt / Job Search Strategies That Will Get You A Job This Month! / Secrets To Successful Job Hunting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Successful Job Search Strategies For Mature Workers by CVWizards(m): 6:37am On Nov 24, 2014
On July 2, 2010, CNNMoney.com ran an interesting article about older job candidates. It stated that “Companies are starting to hire again, but many are turning their backs on older job seekers.” The piece went on to say, “The nationwide unemployment rate for older workers – while lower than that of younger workers – has barely moved since hitting a record high of 7.2% in December of 2009. This rate is currently 7.1%.”

Here at CV Wizards, we work with many senior executives who would be considered “mature workers.” When it comes to age discrimination, these older job seekers have more control and recourse than they may think.

You can’t change your chronological age, so don’t waste mental energy thinking about it. But here are four practical strategies that can dramatically increase your chances of landing a great job at any age:

1. Energy level. Even if you’re a mature worker, it’s important to maintain a high level of energy and project real vitality. This allows you to take-on challenging projects, keep-up with the fast pace of business, and get things done quickly. So show-up early, move fast throughout the day, and work hard. It’s essential to get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly.

2. Technology skills. As an older candidate, you didn’t grow-up in the computer age. But it’s critical that you learn and practice technical skills. Get over your technophobia! Employers are much more likely to hire mature workers who can demonstrate strong computer skills and a comfort level with technology in general. This is a great way to compete effectively with younger candidates.....Read complete atricle at: http://blog.cvwizards.com.ng/?p=297

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Hundreds of graduates and professionals have used our services to secure high-paying jobs with Oil companies, Banks, Multinationals etc. We can help you achieve yours too. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
*CV distribution service (Subscribe to this service and get your CV in front of top Nigerian recruiters and employers)

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.
Re: Successful Job Search Strategies For Mature Workers by edikaniu(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2014
Vacancy: Apply for Ondo State University OSUSTECH Recruitment

The Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the vacant teaching and non-teaching staff positions in the University as follows:

1. ACADEMIC STAFF POSITIONS

(a) DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL SCIENCES:

Biochemistry

i. Reader – Biomolecules, Nutritional and Clinical Biochemistry, Enzymology, Molecular Biology, Hormones, Biomembranes and any other areas of Biochemistry.
ii. Senior Lecturer. – Ditto
ii. Lecturer I & II – Ditto

Industrial Chemistry

i. Lecturer I & II – Organic, Inorganic or Physical

(b) DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES:

Geophysics and Physics

i. Reader – Electronic, Condensed Matter Physics, Geophysics, any area of Geology and Meteorology
iii. Senior Lecturer – Ditto
iv. Lecturer I & II – Ditto

(c) DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES:

Computer Science and Mathematics

i. Lecturer I & II – Any area of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.

(d) DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES:
Botany

i. Reader – Zoology
i. Professor(Entomology) Fisheries and Aquacultures
i. Lecturer I & II

(e) GENERAL AND ENTREPRENEURIAL STUDIES UNIT:

i. Reader

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED

(i) Professor: Salary CONUASS 07

Candidates must possess:
(a) A minimum of Ph.D in the relevant fields

(b) Must have at least 15years of teaching and research experience in the University System.

(c) Must show academic leadership through postgraduate supervision and be able to attract research grants from both local and international funding agencies.

(d) Must show academic excellence through publications in recognized local and international journals.

(e) Must have at least twenty two (22) recognized publications with at least six (6) in reputable foreign journals.

(f) Must be ready to lead various research groups within the department and the university as a whole.

(g) Must have a considerable length of administrative experience.

(h) Must have spent three (3) years as a Reader.

(i) Reader: Salary CONUASS 06

Candidates must possess:
(a) A minimum of Ph.D in the relevant area of specialization.

(b) Must have at least 12 years of teaching and research experience in the University System.

(c) Must show academic leadership through postgraduate supervision and be able to attract research grants from both local and international funding agencies.

(d) Must show academic excellence through publications in recognized local and international journals.

(e) At least eighteen (18) recognized publications with at least five (5) in reputable foreign journals.

(f) Must be ready to lead various research groups within the department and the university as a whole.

(g) Must have spent three (3) years as Senior Lecturer.

( iii) Senior Lecturer: Salary CONUASS 05
Academic qualifications required:

Candidates must possess:

Read more @ http://www.aidwealth.com/2014/11/vacancy-apply-for-ondo-state-university.html

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me. / Hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapyyy Neeeew Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr / Graphic Artist Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.