Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

AFCON: I’m Still The Right Man For Eagles- Keshi Insists - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: I’m Still The Right Man For Eagles- Keshi Insists (428 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / No More Europe Trials For Eagles –keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AFCON: I’m Still The Right Man For Eagles- Keshi Insists by sampson14: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2014
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi is adamant that he is the right man to lead the Super Eagles into the future.

Disaster struck last week for Nigeria when they failed to qualify for Africa Cup of Nations, a tournament they won in its most recent edition, 2013.

Keshi, who was relieved of his duties before being recalled for Nigeria’s last two qualifying matches, does not feel that firing him again would be the way to go.
“If a team fails, sacking the coach won’t solve the problem. The authority should look beyond the coach to find solutions to the problem.

“I can’t deny it is a shame that we failed to qualify. On my part, I failed the nation but my players took South Africa for granted, a match they needed to win,” Keshi said.

Keshi’s agent, Emma Addo, also feels that the former Super Eagles AFCON winning captain is not to blame for the team’s current failure.

“No explanation will be acceptable now by Nigerians, but Super Eagles problems go beyond coaching. If some issues are not resolved, no one can succeed for long with the team,” Addo told the sl10.ng website.

“We shouldn’t forget where Keshi picked this team from in 2012, almost same place like they are now, but nobody cared about how they got there, that is why it happened again,” Adoo added.
Source: http://www..com.ng/
Re: AFCON: I’m Still The Right Man For Eagles- Keshi Insists by khattab02: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
Yeah, I think so too. But just as the saying goes, a coach is as good as his last result. u need to convince people with positive results. Good luck!

I remembered last season when Fulham was having a poor run of results, Martin Jol keep telling the press '' I still think am the best man for the job, am the best man for the job'' yet he kept on having poor results. At the start of the EPL, Alan pardew was under serious pressure, somehow, he has overturned that and has now won 6 to 7 matches. .

(1) (Reply)

Man United Put Three Past Hull / Man Utd Midfielder Herrera Called To Giveevidence In Spanish Match-fixing Trial / !!! All 1960bet Members Most Log In Or Register Through This Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.