Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Introducing The All New Thl 4000 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Introducing The All New Thl 4000 (11384 Views)

Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / Introducing The New Iphone SE: Cheapest Iphone Ever (Mini But Mighty) / The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by tyconcepts(f): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
callydon:

Ask TYCONCEPTS 4d phone n she'll deliver to u anywhere in Nigeria... I got mine from her.

Bless you brotherly.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by callydon(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
plz guys is there any update for this phone available?
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by epoxide(m): 6:46am On Jan 23, 2015
kenomobola:

Wow. I never knew a thread had already been opened for this phone. I bought this phone about a week ago, and I must say it's a cool phone. I won't bore you with the specs and stuff, so lets jump to the fun stuff.

1. The screen
The screen is a 4.7" IPS screen with a qHD (960 x 540 px) resolution. While the screen might not match up to those 720p screens, I must say; the screen is a looker. The display is vibrant and colourful, and personally, I'm not a fan of 5" screens; especially those with horribly low resolutions; 480 x 800 anyone, or what of 854 x 480, no thank you!

2. The OS - Android 4.4.2, kitkat
The kitkat on this phone is pure vanilla android 4.4.2, just the way I like it. No bloatware, no annoying additions, launchers, or what have you. I'm sure that's why the phone is snappy and responsive.

3. SIM slots
This phone is a dual SIM phone with one micro SIM slot and one normal (mini) SIM slot. You can switch 3G reception between the SIMs, which is nice. But you know something special about this phone; it has quad band 3G, a rarity on a chinese smartphone. 3G reception on the phone is also very good.

4. The FM Radio
I have to say I'm highly impressed with this phone's radio. It has strong reception, and it detected the names of most of the radio stations by itself, very cool.

5. The cameras
I wasn't expecting much from the cameras, I mean how impressive can a 2MP front camera, and a 5MP rear camera be? The cameras are actually quite good, especially the front camera. But you will need good lighting to take good shots because the LED flash is not that impressive.

6. Storage
1GB RAM, 8GB ROM. Standard fare nowadays, nothing special. Of the 8GB ROM; you get 1.97GB for apps, and 4.17GB for other things. I'll advise you get yourself a microSD card.

7. Gaming
This phone has handled everything I've thrown at it (except that naughty PSP emulator which lags a bit). I've played Asphalt 8, FIFA 15, Dead Trigger 2, Max Payne, and Virtua Tennis on this baby with zero lag. After long periods of gaming the phone gets slightly warm, but not uncomfortable.

8. The Build quality
If you were expecting this phone to feel like some cheapo knock-off, I'm so happy to disappoint you. This phone feels and looks like a premium phone; from the edges, to the back cover, to the battery. When you hold the thl 4000, you'll know you're holding something special.

9. The battery
A mammoth capacity 4000mAh battery powers this phone. And I'm sure this is a true 4000mAh capacity battery. Hold the battery, and you'll feel the heft of it. Put the battery in the phone, and you'll actually feel the weight of the battery.
Sadly, I've not had the courage to drain the battery to 0%, but guess what? I charged the battery to 100% at about 5pm or 6pm yesterday, between then and now; I have played roughly 2 to 3 hours of Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger, and Shadowgun, I have had WiFi on for the better part of today (and even yesterday), I have watched some short videos (about 30 minutes), listened to the FM radio for about 3 hours. Guess what the battery level is? 70%, and I'm not using any battery saving app yet. This is awesome battery life! I'm loving every minute of it.

10. Other little things
-It has a red notification light
-It comes with Flash player pre-installed, a heaven send for streaming junkies
-It supports USB OTG, so you can connect gamepads, mice, and flash drives to the phone
-It comes with a silicone case, a stylus, a USB OTG cable, a USB data/charging cable, a USB charger, and two screen guards

Is the phone perfect? No, its not. Is it for everyone? Again another no. This phone is however perfect for me.

how does it take charging to 100% coz of the quick charge
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by epoxide(m): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2015
OlaBa:

I haven't used gionee m2 before so I can't say which is better. but from the specs and review online, apart from larger screen and 200mah battery difference, thl 4000 beats gionee m2 hands down. Better resolution, better camera(during the day), better ppi, pure vanilla android, gestures etc.

hw lng does it take to charge bkus of the quick charge
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by epoxide(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2015
callydon:

I'll prefer thl4000 to gionee m2 cos,
1) thl4000 is already on kitkat, gionee will need to be upgraded n d upgrade has serious issues.
2) ba3 backup is better on thl because of d lesser screen size n better chip on thl.
3) thl has better screen with better ppi.

I use MTN data bundle, bought from all these data bundle sellers.
Tak kia.

hw long to charge to 100% from 0%
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by OlaBa: 7:30am On Jan 23, 2015
epoxide:

hw lng does it take to charge bkus of the quick charge

Quick charge is probably a lie because it takes around 4hrs
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by callydon(m): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2015
epoxide:

hw long to charge to 100% from 0%
Approximately 4hrs.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by kenomobola(m): 9:56am On Jan 26, 2015
epoxide:

how does it take charging to 100% coz of the quick charge

The time it takes to charge depends on how much the battery has discharged.
If you discharge the battery completely, it will take several long hours (four to five hours) to fully charge the phone. However, if you don't discharge the battery fully it might get fully recharged in approximately two hours or less.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 11:49am On Jan 29, 2015
callydon:

For camera, during day time d camera is SUPERB n can be interpolated to 13mp. During night time DON'T EVEN BRING OUT D CAMERA cos u won't see anything to snap.
All in all, I think I can make due without d camera at night.
PS: This is my own personal review of d phone ooh.
what do u mean by interpolated biko
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
Still awaiting my Thl 4000 from initialize
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by initialize(m): 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
scarr:

Still awaiting my Thl 4000 from initialize

Sorry about the delay, you'll get it tomorrow.

Thanks
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by okinme: 1:44am On Feb 01, 2015
MTN DATA SHARED OFFERS.
GET MTN DATA FOR BLACKBERRY 10, ANDROID & MODEM @ AFFORDABLE AMOUNT.
1GB ----------1200
2GB -----------2400
Call 08035448544 OR 08053635768
I accept Bank payment or MTN Recharge Card.
Thanks
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
callydon:
plz for those who own this phone, has anyone successfully rooted this phone and ported cwm on it
OlaBa:

Use Vroot version 1.7.9.2. you will need PC
pls I've tried rooting did phone with no success, I've used kingoroot, vroot(1.7.9.2),framaroot plus other different one click root apps but nothing seems to b working
biko help me out

Edited:
finally got it with kingroot
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
ke nomobola:

10. Other little things
-It has a red notification light
-It comes with Flash player pre-installed, a heaven send for streaming junkies
-It supports USB OTG, so you can connect gamepads, mice, and flash drives to the phone
-It comes with a silicone case, a stylus, a USB OTG cable, a USB data/charging cable, a USB charger, and two screen guards

Is the phone perfect? No, its not. Is it for everyone? Again another no. This phone is however perfect for me.
like u really mean urs came with a USB OTG cable and stylus
mine didn't

cc initialize
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by callydon(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
scarr:

pls I've tried rooting did phone with no success, I've used kingoroot, vroot(1.7.9.2),framaroot plus other different one click root apps but nothing seems to b working
biko help me out

Edited:
finally got it with kingroot
Gud for u.
welcome to d world of thl4000
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
callydon:

Gud for u.
welcome to d world of thl4000
Phone's too heavy shocked
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by kenomobola(m): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
scarr:

like u really mean urs came with a USB OTG cable and stylus
mine didn't

cc initialize

You got that right.
Accessories that came with my phone: USB charger, microUSB cable, silicone case, stylus, and a USB OTG cable.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by kenomobola(m): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
scarr:

Phone's too heavy shocked

You'll get used to it. wink
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 10:09am On Feb 28, 2015
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by scarr: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2015
kenomobola:

You got that right.
Accessories that came with my phone: USB charger, microUSB cable, silicone case, stylus, and a USB OTG cable.
Nawa o mine didnt come with neither stylus nor USB OTG cableangryangryangry
kenomobola:

You'll get used to it. wink
lol already used to it, feels like paper in my hands now cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
Got this THL 4000 including USB otg
thought it was that heavy but normal in hand and pocket.
Seems there's no battery details graph on this phone.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hi All,
can anyone upload his/her stock recovery image for me?
Thanks.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
So I got this OTA update and tried to update it
To my surprise update,I successfully bricked my THL 4000
Shows only THL logo then switches off
In (stock)recovery mode,it shows 'no command' before the recovery options appear.
I already wipe cache,cleared data without any success.
Any help from you guys to unbrick this machine?
The phone has been rooted.
Thanks.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by ToyosiR(f): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
Pls, why is it that THL (thl 100s) phones charging port spoils so fast.

I am tired of changing this charging port in ikeja every 3 months.

what can i do pls?
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
ToyosiR:
Pls, why is it that THL (thl 100s) phones charging port spoils so fast.

I am tired of changing this charging port in ikeja every 3 months.

what can i do pls?
Maybe consider how you charge it.
Consider using it's original charger.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by kenomobola(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
koyla:
So I got this OTA update and tried to update it
To my surprise update,I successfully bricked my THL 4000
Shows only THL logo then switches off
In (stock)recovery mode,it shows 'no command' before the recovery options appear.
I already wipe cache,cleared data without any success.
Any help from you guys to unbrick this machine?
The phone has been rooted.
Thanks.

Hi there. I also bricked my phone yesterday while applying an OTA update, and after almost 24 hours of pure frustration I was able to fix my phone. The problem was initially compounded by my custom recovery - carliv touch - which prevented me from booting fully into recovery, this alone almost rendered me powerless.
How did I solve the problem? I had to flash a new recovery using SP flash tools v3.1344.0.212 (I got the recovery files and the recovery image from chinaphonearena dot com). Let me know if you still need any assistance.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
kenomobola:

Hi there. I also bricked my phone yesterday while applying an OTA update, and after almost 24 hours of pure frustration I was able to fix my phone. The problem was initially compounded by my custom recovery - carliv touch - which prevented me from booting fully into recovery, this alone almost rendered me powerless.
How did I solve the problem? I had to flash a new recovery using SP flash tools v3.1344.0.212 (I got the recovery files and the recovery image from chinaphonearena dot com). Let me know if you still need any assistance.
Thank you very much my good guy for attending to me all these while,,,its getting to a month now and my phone is still resting in peace.
Had some good guys at chinaphonearena to help me out.
my number 1 problem is the PC to use.
though I used my guy's laptop but drivers couldn't install all because his laptop is running Windows 8.1,
before the vcom drivers can work,I have to disable his drivers signature enforcement on his laptop but he's afraid something bad will happen to his laptop after that.
so my good guy,am in need of PC for now.
And am having the necessary tools to be used.
I don't mind if you can send me the necessary tools to use.
Anytime I use the sp flash tool,,,it get stuck at downloading then connects the phone gives same problem.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by kenomobola(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2015
koyla:
Thank you very much my good guy for attending to me all these while,,,its getting to a month now and my phone is still resting in peace.
Had some good guys at chinaphonearena to help me out.
my number 1 problem is the PC to use.
though I used my guy's laptop but drivers couldn't install all because his laptop is running Windows 8.1,
before the vcom drivers can work,I have to disable his drivers signature enforcement on his laptop but he's afraid something bad will happen to his laptop after that.
so my good guy,am in need of PC for now.
And am having the necessary tools to be used.
I don't mind if you can send me the necessary tools to use.
Anytime I use the sp flash tool,,,it get stuck at downloading then connects the phone gives same problem.

Hi. Where do you reside? Are you based in Lagos? I can't attach the files I used here because of nairaland's attachment restrictions. Your friend with the laptop is entitled to his fears, I can't blame him. If you reside in Lagos though, I will be more than willing to assist you.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2015
kenomobola:

Hi. Where do you reside? Are you based in Lagos? I can't attach the files I used here because of nairaland's attachment restrictions. Your friend with the laptop is entitled to his fears, I can't blame him. If you reside in Lagos though, I will be more than willing to assist you.
Yes,I understand my friend but unfortunately, am not even in Nigeria, am a Ghanaian at Takoradi in Ghana.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by kenomobola(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2015
koyla:
Yes,I understand my friend but unfortunately, am not even in Nigeria, am a Ghanaian at Takoradi in Ghana.

Try copying the files and going to a cyber cafe, or seek out friends who own laptops. Good luck.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 11:04am On Apr 30, 2015
kenomobola:

Try copying the files and going to a cyber cafe, or seek out friends who own laptops. Good luck.
Alright, thanks for your help my friend.
Re: Introducing The All New Thl 4000 by koyla: 5:47pm On May 19, 2015
kenomobola:

Resurrection of my machine, THL4000.
Thanks my guy,finally got a windows 7 machine from a friend. flashing made simple within 4mins,my machine is back after 1 and half months.
Thanks for your support my guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / 10 Ways Nigerian Telecom Providers Frustrate Nigerians Everyday / Which One Should I Buy Between (infinix Note 3 Pro And Tecno Camon Cx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.