Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone (44931 Views)

Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv / Introducing The All New Thl 4000 / Unlock All New Samsung Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by romoruyi(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
BlackBerry is fighting a battle to remain relevant in the smartphone space, and it has two new products in the pipeline that it hopes will reverse its fortunes. While the company has shown off both the new Classic and the Passport, it’s the latter that has garnered the most attention.

Until now, we didn’t know much about the Passport other than the fact that it featured a wide QWERTY keyboard and an unusual 4.5” 1440x1440 display. For the BlackBerry fans out there that cling on to any new release from the Canadian company, CrackBerry has posted a user-written, pre-release review of the Passport.

On the “square” screen:

The screen is one of such elegance, that it even made the most diehard iPhone user smile. It's got one of the sharpest screens out there and the UI that felt cramped on the Q10 now is unleashed in a fashion that renders you hopelessly in love…

The screen is everything on the BlackBerry Passport. They finally figured it out. It's the focus here and also takes over a large amount of the duties of the keyboard. At a whopping 1440x1440 pixels, the screen is pleasantly bright and gives everything more space.

Processors specs are unavailable at this point, but other hardware features were revealed:

This model has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of on-board memory, though I did add a 64 GB SD card myself. Finally, there is an easily accessible nano SIM slot to allow for easy SIM switching without the battery interfering. With it having an internal battery which lasts forever, BlackBerry put the SD card slot and SIM slot on the top of the phone inside of a removable panel.

About that new keyboard:

So how does this work? It works in a fashion never witnessed before. The symbols, characters, numbers and everything else is on screen and intuitively changes depending on where you are. If you are on the compose panels contact list, you will get the numeric buttons on the screen and if on the body portion, the symbols and character can be invoked.

This was of course a prototype device and not every feature was functioning properly. It was also running an older version of BlackBerry’s flagship operating system (10.3.0.428), so performance and software features should be further fleshed out by the time it is officially released.

Is the Passport enough to get folks out of their Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxies? Probably not. But it’s at least nice to see BlackBerry looking to differentiate itself in the market with the Passport.

Source: http://crackberry.com/exclusive-pre-release-review-blackberry-passport

Source 2: http://revos-vision..com

10 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by nurez305(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Its a very nice phone,can't wait to get one.....blackcerry user will smile again :DIts a very nice phone,can't wait to get one.....blackcerry user will smile again

2 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2014
.I will like to buy the phone tho but it will be indoors only. its strictly for businesses so I dont expect students to fancy it. BTW im a student grin

3 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by angela98(f): 11:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Hmm it will be same poor battery life which is associated with all smart phone. I won't buy it, I Dont like the design. The screen is too small for me. I love phablet phones with 5.5" screen. It makes browsing enjoyable.. cool

8 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Aitee1: 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Say 'NO' to any phone with hanging syndrome undecided

17 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by justi4jesu(f): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hmmmm waiting for it.

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by sammieguze(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
phone whala
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by NoContract(m): 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2014

6 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by kayboy4y(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
BlackBerry syndrome. Hope it will be affordable. Waiting for the arrival.

3 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Tval(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
So these people are still producing phone?

3 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by bigx(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
Aitee1: Say 'NO' to any phone with hanging syndrome undecided

You obviously don't use OS 10

71 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by dheaven: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
HOW MUCH FOR THE PHONE OP?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by heryyy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
angela98: Hmm it will be same poor battery life which is associated with all smart phone. I won't buy it, I Dont like the design. The screen is too small for me. I love phablet phones with 5.5" screen. It makes browsing enjoyable.. cool

You can always get a 3rd party battery, at the moment i am using the ''ZEROLEMON'' Battery for my Samsung Galaxy S5 and with full battery charge with heavy daily use this battery last me 3 solid days and on average use it last approximately 5 days, i order it on Amazon from the US and receive it after 3weeks, i don't worry about low battery anymore, People should google it, you won't regret buying one ! wink

10 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by henryobinna(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
hope its the same price with ma tecno n3 undecided

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Aitee1: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
If e like make e be OS 100 bb na bb it must have issues
bigx:

You obviously don't use OS 10

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Maczeelly(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Mak I dust my wallet Comot Moni

Run Run Run

Give me one jawe.............

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by knockturnal(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nice try....might work for them
#teamtec-YES!!!
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by GudluckIBB(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
As long as there is no mouse, i think it will end up
like z10
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by dridowu: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Am new on NL please bro and sis welcome. How can i create a topi ?. But in the order news i don't like bb but i prefer pingberry
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by adeife11: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
heryyy:

You can always get a 3rd party battery, at the moment i am using the ''ZEROLEMON'' Battery for my Samsung Galaxy S5 and with full battery charge with heavy daily use this battery last me 3 solid days and on average use it last approximately 5 days, i order it on Amazon from the US and receive it after 3weeks, i don't worry about low battery anymore, People should google it, you won't regret buying one ! wink
pls how much does d battery cost?and can it b used wit blackberry too?thanks
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Iniotong(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
The screen is a no no for me jare
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by jiddodo: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wow. Dis is luvly. Can't wait to get my hands on dat kiss
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by alaoeri: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
RIM its too late, may consider it if and only if android apps can work on it.

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by omanifrank(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
cool
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
and lack of apps
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
team Android

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by 1stola: 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
IF NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID OS, I'M NOT INTERESTED.
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2014

It's obvious you have never used a blackberry10 phone. Pls do...

Bb10 phones do not hang and they dont take time to boot too..... tongue

17 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Chidexter(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
The period of blackberrys is fast depreciating
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Cecediva(f): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wow...looks good,how much does it cost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.