Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? (881 Views)

Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster / Re: Pfizer Messed With Our Children Now The Nigerian Govt Fights Back In Her Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by Aladdin1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
My experiences at a university teaching hospital in a south-south state of Nigeria made me to realise the fact that there is a growing increase of children developing some deadly disease which were previously only very common in Adults. A visit to the peadiatrics ward of any large hospital would reveal to you a gruesome picture of children in agony battling with life threatening diseases like diabetes, stroke,kidney failure and cancer. Even many children are being killed every now and then by these diseases. As a scientist am well aware that these diseases may affect children but i am really alarmed at the rate at which children,teenagers are falling prey to diseases that hithertho was only common in older people.
Re: Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2014
The two crucial factors that can be attributed to this malaise are Diet and Lifestyle. Virtually all the foods around are either processed or preserved with one chemical or the other. Hardly can you find fresh natural foods, even the so called fruits and vegetables are grown using harmful chemicals in form of fertilizers. Coming to lifestyle, when i was younger i was always an active boy. I engaged in virtually all kinds of sports ranging from football to sprint races. I always look forward to my school's interhouse sport competitions but what do you have now. Lazy, over-weighted kids that would prefer playing videogames or watching dstv than exercising themselves via playing football,skipping.cycling,jogging e.t.c. And these are the same children that would rather go for a jug of ice-cream than taking a rich blend of fruits.
"You can't reap what you did not sow"
"When you sow healthy lifestyle and healthy diet, then you reap a healthy life".

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
The two crucial factors that can be attributed to this malaise are Diet and Lifestyle. Virtually all the foods around are either processed or preserved with one chemical or the other. Hardly can you find fresh natural foods, even the so called fruits and vegetables are grown using harmful chemicals in form of fertilizers. Coming to lifestyle, when i was younger i was always an active boy. I engaged in virtually all kinds of sports ranging from football to sprint races. I always look forward to my school's interhouse sport competitions but what do you have now. Lazy, over-weighted kids that would prefer playing videogames or watching dstv than exercising themselves via playing football,skipping.cycling,jogging e.t.c. And these are the same children that would rather go for a jug of ice-cream than taking a rich blend of fruits.
"You can't reap what you did not sow"
"When you sow healthy lifestyle and healthy diet, then you reap a healthy life".
On point!!
Re: Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
xcelsia:
On point!!
i am only an advocate for a healthy lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Yeah me too, health is wealth
Re: Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Re: Why Are Children Now Falling Prey To Deadly Diseases.? by Nobody: 4:22am On Nov 27, 2014
Diet, proper hygiene, lifestyle and negligence.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? / Burn Belle Fat In Just 3 Months...!! / 4 Out Of Every 10 Nigerian Men Are Not The Fathers Of Their First Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.