Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Where Is The Misssing Dollar? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Is The Misssing Dollar? (960 Views)

What Does It Take To Make One Naira Equal One Dollar? / 10 Most Expensive Currencies In 2015 (hint: #1 Isn’t The U.S. Dollar) / Online Shopping With Nigeria Naira Or Dollar Credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by Leftee(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2006
3 girls go to a motel. The front desk clerk tells them the room will cost $30 for the night. Each girl gives $10 to make out the $30.

Later that night, the clerk realized that the room was actually $25, not $30. So, he calls one of his co-workers and gives him $5 to return to the girls.

On his way, the co-worker asks himself:" How am I going to share $5 to 3 girls?" So, he decides to give each $1 and keep the extra $2 for himself.

So, each girl actually paid $9 for the room ($10-$1). So, the total should be $9+$9+$9 = $27. If we add the $2 that the co-worker kept, we get $29.

The question is: "WHERE IS THE MISSING DOLLAR??"
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by nairamar(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2006
There is no missing $

Cost of Room=$25

Co-Worker = $ 2

Total = $27
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by PLAYBOY3(m): 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2006
@Nairamar
Thats not very clear sir,but i think u r right,cos all the money paid by the girls should equals to $28 & $2 with d Co-worker. grin
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by lauryn(f): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2006
With my maths award sef, this one get as he be grin grin
The missing dollar is lost somewhere in the fraction grin
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by Leftee(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2006
Bang on nairamar! You must be genius

@ Lauryn. It would be easier  for someone with a math award. na the heartbreak no make you think straight. Pele.
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by lauryn(f): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2006
Leave me jor grin
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by nairamar(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
Since I'm an old man I didn't want to admit defeat, so I kept reading over and over again; almost 10 times!

The trick is to ignore the obvious answer that first comes to your head and read all the words slowly and carefully until you understand their meaning.

The Cost of the room is $25 and the Co-worker kept $2 which equals $27. Any other fact or clue that comes to your head is not relevant; just discount them.

Then add the $3 returned as change to $27 and you have $30, no shaking!
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by Leftee(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2006
Nairamar abeg help me explain to lauryn, she is emotionally constipated right now and not thinking straight.
Re: Where Is The Misssing Dollar? by lauryn(f): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2006
whatever! so typical

(1) (Reply)

Are We Safe Here? / Question For Moderator / Hail Kudos To Seun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.