Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,268 members, 7,822,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer (902 Views)

"Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian / 'How I Survived Cancer'- Soyinka / Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
Literary Icon, Prof Wole Soyinka, revealed today at a press conference in Abeokuta Ogun state, that he's a cancer survivor. He said his appointment as a board member of the African Cancer Centre made him undergo a routine checkup last year which revealed he had cancer. He said he diagnosed with the disease in December 2013.
"It never occurred to me to test myself because men have their separate test like women and I have heard people who lost very dear ones, closed ones. They just told me, ‘Prof, we hope you’re having your own?’ And I told them I had one 10 years ago and he said, “No, no, do it regularly.” And by accident in December last year, I discovered that I had cancer.”.

Prof Soyinka who is cancer free now after undergoing a vigorous treatment that ended in October this year, said although he was uncomfortable speaking about his experience, he was obligated to speak about it now so as to get rid of the public perception that being diagnosed with cancer is a death sentence
"For me, this is not a decision which I like but I felt I have all obligation, being a member of African Cancer Centre, and also having even donated a performance during the festival, fund raising for cancer, I am under obligation to make it known and to also demystify cancer. Many people feel it is a death sentence. Family feel it; friends, colleagues, they begin to look at you as if you are a ghost once there is rumour you have cancer. No, cancer is not a death sentence, it is curable, I have undergone the treatment and I am able to tell you that I even have a model, that’s my certificate.” he said

http://www.edesononlinenews.com/2014/11/health-news-prof-wole-soyinka-was.html

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by Dotwillis1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
Tank jah 4 his life
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by experimentist: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Baba o!
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by 2cato: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
The source of the news is kwestionable. Anyway i wish him speedy recovery
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by PapiWata: 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
If anyone close to the Nobel Laureate reads this forum, I would like to plead that they get in touch with Professor Soyinka and ask him to take a few moments to conduct some informal online research into the wondrous cancer curative properties of extracts from the cannabis plant, which are being researched and widely implemented by the Israeli medical establishment, to save numerous lives. I am dwelling on these new discoveries because of the evident loss of body weight in the above picture of Professor Soyinka, and due to the fact that such weight loss is now comparatively easy to reverse, with medical cannabis therapy.

Regardless of the specific nature of the Professor's cancer, one of the side-effects of chemotherapy, IF he is undergoing that arduous but necessary curative process, is marked decrease in appetite for food, leading to weight loss. By taking up temporary residence in Washington State or California, where the use of medical cannabis is perfectly legal, Professor Soyinka can easily acquire the finest selectively bred medical marijuana available, which he can consume with a vaporizer such as the one shown in the below link. With daily doses self-administered using a medically safe vaporizer, Professor Soyinka's appetite will rebound INSTANTLY.

Once again I appeal to any person fortunate enough to have a direct line of communication with the Nobel Laureate, to PLEASE let him read this post I have submitted here for his personal attention today. Thank you in advance.

http://www.vaporwarerx.com/herbalvaporizerpen.html
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by jireh250: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
it will be very sad if this is true. He's such an icon. And what is this thing with cancer and big people?
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Survives Cancer by Dreambeat: 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Possibly a Prostatic carcinoma

(1) (Reply)

See Baby Girl Born With Elephant Nose / Ttc Buddies, Pls Which Cheap Ovulation Predator Kit OPK Can I Get / Treatment For Sickle Cell Disorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.