Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,477 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? (910 Views)

What School Did This Guys Graduate From? / Does Undergraduate Course Of Study Really Matter? / Nigeria: 118 Students Graduate From Unilag With First Class Honours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by Douglasin: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
I have a friend who wants to study med nd surgery nd he filled DELSU in his jamb form and he was discouraged from choosing DELSU as it is not a fed school nd ws told to pick a skul lyk uniben or uniport as d skul one finishes 4rm matters a lot. I thought of it as a stupid thing nd it wasnt true until i watched a movie today and it was clearly exhibited as a man who went to one of the best schools in the country was given more favour and opportunities than one who went to a local school.. Please is there any truth to this nd throw more light on the matter so i wil understnd. Thank You.
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by GboyegaD(m): 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
Most times, it doesn't matter but in Nigeria it might because what employers place value on is the certificate and not what you can offer.
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by Raiders: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
No. It don't matter. As long as your university is NUC accredited no employer will discriminate you. Employers consider the grade you graduated with not the school you attended
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by Muyogoa: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by Muyogoa: 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Raiders:
No. It don't matter. As long as your university is NUC accredited no employer will discriminate you. Employers consider the grade you graduated with not the school you attended
hmmm...are u saying a first-class product of UI is the same with a first-class product of KWASU?
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by Raiders: 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Muyogoa:
hmmm...are u saying a first-class product of UI is the same with a first-class product of KWASU?
yes. Most employers don't care if your first class is from UI or Kwasu. For example in my state, if you make first class in any Nigeria university you get scholarship to any foreign university with immediate employment when you return. So the school you get the first class don't matter
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Raiders:
yes. Most employers don't care if your first class is from UI or Kwasu. For example in my state, if you make first class in any Nigeria university you get scholarship to any foreign university with immediate employment when you return. So the school you get the first class don't matter
Story!!...its not supposed to matter but it does a lot in this our decomposing estate called Nigeria!!!..
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by lacasera14(m): 12:12am On Nov 26, 2014
To some extent it does matter.
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by kestolove95(m): 12:27am On Nov 26, 2014
yes yes nd yes...I said dix becox ma elder bro came to my bro and was tellin him dat b4 d interview commence...dey ask of ABU,UI,OAU nd UNN graduate to step out...gave dem form to fill..nd dey ask dem to go back to join d rest crowd...now tell me wats d meanin of dat shit?..dats y evribody wants to b student of dix top nigeria university..i mst go one of dem my God grace
Re: Does The University One Graduate From Really Matter To An Employer?? by tobechi74: 2:35am On Nov 26, 2014
It matters ooo

(1) (Reply)

Baker Hughes 2015 Internship Program For Engineering Students / FUTA 500level EEE Student Going For 6pm To 9pm Class. Wtf... / Maersk APM Terminals Scholarship!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.