Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. (1215 Views)

Looking For Igbo Teacher, Who Is Willing To Volunteer Their Time To Teach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
There's this hypothesis that forcing the brain to come up with logical explainations to problems can increase intelligence and i want to try it. so, guys bring all the weird myths you can find while i attempt to provide logical explainations as to why or why not it is true. you can then tell me if my explainations suit you. let's get started. . .
(i Just Got This Wierd Feeling That I'm Going To Regret This)
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Clone2020(m): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
Teempakguy:
There's this hypothesis that forcing the brain to come up with logical explainations to problems can increase intelligence and i want to try it. so, guys bring all the weird myths you can find while i attempt to provide logical explainations as to why or why not it is true. you can then tell me if my explainations suit you. let's get started. . .
(i Just Got This Wierd Feeling That I'm Going To Regret This)

Oh yeah? Do ghosts exists?
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by tpia5: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Babyosisi posted a p.ornography thread of what she claims is a pastor and members of a church engaged in public n.udity and lewd acts.

Can you bust that myth?
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2014
Clone2020:

Oh yeah? Do ghosts exists?
*cracks knuckles*
verdict: no
reason:consider. nature is a very efficient manager. she only permits the fitest to survive. if ghosts can see and hear without bodies, then why did they need bodies in the first place? if ghosts are immortal, why did they start off with weak, painful bodies? if ghosts can possess things, why can't they possess their own corpse? assuming there's a rule that prevents this from happening, why can't they possess other bodies? or even inanimate objects? why is it that every ability ghosts are said to have are not being felt in the real world?
besides, due to the nature of humans, the ghost is far likely to be fiction than truth. consider, if a loved one died, someone might causually say: she is still with us. this suggestion might be implanted in the subconscious of the agreived. causing him/her to have dreams pertaining to the dead one. mild hallucinations may occur. leading the agreived to incorrectly assume that he is being visited by a ghost.
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 26, 2014
tpia5:
Babyosisi posted a p.ornography thread of what she claims is a pastor and members of a church engaged in public n.udity and lewd acts.

Can you bust that myth?
man, that's not a myth. i gathered evidence from witnesses and rumor carriers, indeed the church engaged in public nu.dity
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by 2prexios: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2014
What do you say of near death experience and afterlife? When shall I die and what's my fate after death?
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2014
2prexios, we must consider that death is a process and until it is complete, it is completely reversible. therein lies the solution to the near death phenomenon. death is only complete when the brain dies and the individual's personality is destroyed. until this happens, anything can happen. even a stopped heart doesn't guarantee death. as to when you will die, this will happen when your vital organs fail to function in harmony or perfection, leading to brain death. probably because of sickness, accident, injury, or ageing.
it is most logical to conclude that when you die, you "end" but that would be "too easy" it doesn't account for the moral and religeous instincts in humans. so, a safe assumption will be that there is an afterlife. and if we are to understand from the main religions, you will be rewarded for listening to your moral and religious instincts and will be punished for not doing so.
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by 2prexios: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2014
Teempakguy:
2prexios, we must consider that death is a process and until it is complete, it is completely reversible. therein lies the solution to the near death phenomenon. death is only complete when the brain dies and the individual's personality is destroyed. until this happens, anything can happen. even a stopped heart doesn't guarantee death. as to when you will die, this will happen when your vital organs fail to function in harmony or perfection, leading to brain death. probably because of sickness, accident, injury, or ageing.
it is most logical to conclude that when you die, you "end" but that would be "too easy" it doesn't account for the moral and religeous instincts in humans. so, a safe assumption will be that there is an afterlife. and if we are to understand from the main religions, you will be rewarded for listening to your moral and religious instincts and will be punished for not doing so.
You are a familiar sage. Ciao.
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by 2prexios: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
Wise one, please tell me what you know about mammywater and the beautiful underwater kingdom? Oh I love this place so much for what I have read of it. Please help, but I dont want to be disappointed. Whats mammywaters gender or, do we have bamiwater as the male version? Julius Berger captured a mammywater of the Niger before he could construct Niger bridge. Zuma has 'its' too. They are so adorable. Fish is so sweet, how much more, half fish half model?
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Omexonomy: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Why are their so many religion preaching peace and yet peace is elusive
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Omexonomy: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
How does the law of retributive justice work?
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
2prexios:
Wise one, please tell me what you know about mammywater and the beautiful underwater kingdom? Oh I love this place so much for what I have read of it. Please help, but I dont want to be disappointed. Whats mammywaters gender or, do we have bamiwater as the male version? Julius Berger captured a mammywater of the Niger before he could construct Niger bridge. Zuma has 'its' too. They are so adorable. Fish is so sweet, how much more, half fish half model?
wow, it looks like you will really be disappointed. First off, i am not a wise one. I am a smart one. Also, it is not possible for mermaids to exist. Their anatomy is flawed and counter intuitive. Consider.
What enables a fish to live under water is located in it's upper body. What enables a human to survive on land is their legs. To make a mermaid, you basically remove these. So what you now have is a creature that can't walk on land, and can't breathe in water. Sorry but nature isn't stupid enough to permit such a pathetic entity.
Oh, and before you start offering desperate explainations, you have to recognise that there is simply no room for a gill in the human jaw. Forcing that to happen would cause major modifications which would result in an inability to talk, and an ugly jaw. Also, there is no possible way to join the human body to that of a fish without sacrificing some bones which produce essential things like blood cells, calcium, not to mention sex organs, and important muscle origins. Sorry, but. What ever you see or hear is just a rumor. If you feel too bad, you probably should head over to the jokes section
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Omexonomy:
Why are their so many religion preaching peace and yet peace is elusive
i think the answer is pretty obvious. No one one listens.
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Omexonomy:
How does the law of retributive justice work?
i don't know what that means
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by 2prexios: 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
You can kill off the rest of the mammaids, but you can't kill the rumor. I am ok if they will forever exist as figment of the imagination, and ever will they exist in greatest tales ever told, of an underwater civilization waiting to be contacted. My children will believe mammaid exist, and yours too! I promise.
Re: I Hereby Volunteer To Be A Mythbuster. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
I Also Love Mermaids. They're usually hot and sexy. but logic isn't biased. however, there is one reasonable compromise. the pinna can be substituted for a super efficient gill. or the neck or back can contain the kind of silts that sharks have.
also, the tail could be actual fused legs with modified metatarsals. i hope you have something to hold on to.

(1) (Reply)

What Is It Called In Your Native Dialect?(photo) / Oba Orin Juju Pe Omo Odun Mokandinlaadorin (69 Years) Lonii / Is It Ok For Men To Wear Shimi Under The Wrapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.