Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students (2957 Views)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / #PHOTO: UNIABUJA Student Dies In His Sleep Night After Death Tweet / Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Astutechris(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
A student of Imo State University simply identified as Chisom
lost his life yesterday during the usual "celebration" that
follows every final examination for final year students which
usually involves pouring water and other assorted liquids on
final year students.
According to an eyewitness, the victim fell in to a ditch as he
was running around and pouring water on final year students
and by the time he was rescued from the ditch was dead
already.
" We were celebrating our final year students by pouring them
water, so as we were running around he fell inside a pit full of
dirty water (sewage) but it didn't cover his head but before we
could draw him out he was dead already because he was
asthmatic". The eye witness stated.
His corpse was deposited at Aladinma Mortuary from where
it was taken to his home town Ihiala.
It was gathered that the decease was not a final year student
as he was still pursuing his B.Sc.

source: myschool.com.ng
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by busterr(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
that rubbish should stop already! it's not even fun it looks babaric instead.

rip to the dead
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by pacesetter939: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
may GOD have mercy on the students who still partake in this shameful act.
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
When I was admitted last 2months at Ubth..dat nyt a Gurl was rushed in from uniben as she fell while running from her pals pouring her water on her bday..she hit her head on d ground and immediately went into a comma..my mum later told me she lost some of her earliest memories..I couldn't see her as I was on drips but pple were rushn to see her but thank God she survived..d next day Anoda uniben student was brought in (a guy) but dis 1 was dead..celebrations shuld be done with massive care cos no1 knows wat happens next..happiness can become instant sadness..it only take seconds..

5 Likes

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by holatin(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
Why is this happening ?
God God God hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Astutechris(m): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
busterr:
that rubbish should stop already! it's not even fun it looks babaric instead.

rip to the dead

Seriously, I don't know what people enjoy in this.
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Neldrizzy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
This is bad #wasted
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
RIP to the young man- it could have been anyone.

I still don't get why they do that stuff.
When I wrote my last paper, I didn't celebrate...I told my friends I only finished school , I'm not yet a graduate...
___ that my result gats be reconciled first.
Then my result was reconciled, I said I gats see my name for NYSC mobilisation list- I saw my name there, then I said I gats go NYSC and come back.
_ then I said I gats get job... undecided

Till today, I never celebrate nothing. embarassed

7 Likes

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Holywizard: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
What should I type?
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by MissSlimbody(f): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Chai!!!

Na d boy parents me dey pity embarassed

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
Awwwww cry cry... Such a pity!! May his soul rest in peace...

Old fashioned celebration undecided undecided, and yet, most of them are carriers of extra year(s)...

1 Like

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by mesoade(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
The act of pouring water on a graduate is weird . . Him being asthmatic makes the act weirder.
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by luvlyoracle(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
sad
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by mesoade(m): 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
After failing waec and jamb for 5years,
after all the stress you went through seeking for admission,
After soaking garri for countless times before and after lectures,
after using all those food formulas 1-0-1,e.t.c,
after all the lecturers assignments,test and exam writing,
after staying up to read in the night for most of your days in the university,
After writing your final exams,
then one old woman in your village,will now say you will not reap the fruit of your labour.
I declare to all you reading this that you will not die before your glory shines in Jesus name

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by JoeCutie(m): 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
RIP to the young man- it could have been anyone.

I still don't get why they do that stuff.
When I wrote my last paper, I didn't celebrate...I told my friends I only finished school , I'm not yet a graduate...
___ that my result gats be reconciled first.
Then my result was reconciled, I said I gats see my name for NYSC mobilisation list- I saw my name there, then I said I gats go NYSC and come back.
_ then I said I gats get job... undecided

Till today, I never celebrate nothing. embarassed
You gats defeat Boko haram, get richer than Dangote, be the first female Nigerian president, & in fact, become the most influencial woman in the world before you celebrate it. No go old oh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Astutechris(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
mesoade:
After failing waec and jamb for 5years,
after all the stress you went through seeking for admission,
After soaking garri for countless times before and after lectures,
after using all those food formulas 1-0-1,e.t.c,
after all the lecturers assignments,test and exam writing,
after staying up to read in the night for most of your days in the university,
After writing your final exams,
then one old woman in your village,will now say you will not reap the fruit of your labour.
I declare to all you reading this that you will not die before your glory shines in Jesus name

lol!
Amen ooo!
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Looking at it from another perspective, very terrible public safety in Nigeria. Open ditches, uncovered sewer pits, open manholes, etc.

Whether he poured water on himself or whether his celebration seems barbaric is not the issue. Someone not celebrating could probably have easily fallen into the ditch.

5 Likes

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Astutechris(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
dabriggs:

Looking at it from another perspective, very terrible public safety in Nigeria. Open ditches, uncovered sewer pits, open manholes, etc.

Whether he poured water on himself or whether his celebration seems barbaric is not the issue. Someone not celebrating could probably have easily fallen into the ditch.

You're right in a way, but of a truth, that celebration doesn't make any sense.
Many have been injured and some have died in this celebration. There are many other way to celebrate graduation than pouring of liquid substances.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by laurel03(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
life goes on...
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by imsuboi(m): 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hmm. undecided
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Ichliebedich(f): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Astutechris:

Many have been injured and some have died in this celebration. There are many other way to celebrate graduation than pouring of liquid substances.
So true they should stop already
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by lanicky(f): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
*crying* I pity his parents embarassed

School authority must put an end to dis stewpid nd childish celebration...mtcheeeeeew!

RIP to d dead. embarassed
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Astutechris:

You are right too that it is quite a silly way to celebrate. My opinion is that it is not the root cause of the accident. The root and remote causes are there and have nothing to do with his celebration. In my opinion it is not even the immediate cause. However, some HSE experts may want to disagree with my opinion regarding the immediate cause.
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by chacoonder(m): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
dabriggs:

This is very sensible...nice one.
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Astutechris(m): 12:06am On Nov 27, 2014
dabriggs:

You are right too that it is quite a silly way to celebrate. My opinion is that it is not the root cause of the accident. The root and remote causes are there and have nothing to do with his celebration. In my opinion it is not even the immediate cause. However, some HSE experts may want to disagree with my opinion regarding the immediate cause.

Hmmmm! I see your point.
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Sammyblaq(m): 7:27am On Nov 27, 2014
Chei! When I saw dis I flashed back to how I did my 'five years don waka' but to God be the glory in all.

RIP Chisom
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Yeahreen(m): 8:57am On Nov 27, 2014
Chaiii, Email From The Village cry#really sad...#RIP to d dead
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2014
this is why we advise people to study in france. i mean, how can someone be a student of a sub par nigerian university?
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by ennon92(m): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2014
D boy dey close hin eye wen e dey run

Anyways, RIP
Re: IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students by Dreyl(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Neldrizzy:
This is bad #wasted
Lol at your siggy
if wishes were horses though. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Post Utme Screening Result Issues And Solutions / 24 High School Students Arrested After Police Storm 'sex Party' (photos) / Winter Is Coming In OAU As Cultist Write To Kill 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.