Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics (1060 Views)

Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It / Franck Ribery Won't Talk To Jerome Boateng Again After Being Covered In Beer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ronaldo winning it was all politics
The Bayern winger believes the individual award is no longer decided on achievements and expects Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben to miss out for that reason
Byern Munich attacker
Franck Ribery feels the Fifa
Ballon d'Or is no longer going
to the best player in the
world and is decided by
politics, rather than
performances.
The Frenchman was beaten to the prestigious
individual award by Cristiano Ronaldo for his 2013
efforts despite guiding Bayern to a historic treble.
Ribery, who is not even in the 23-man shortlist that
will be whittled down the three stars shortly this time
around, believes the trophy has lost all meaning after
witnessing first hand how the Real Madrid star was
treated last year.
"I learned a lot during last year's Ballon d'Or gala. As
soon as I got there, I told my wife that I would lose,"
Ribery told Sport Bild .
"I saw how Sepp Blatter was hugging Ronaldo and
how his entire family was there. I'm not stupid. It was
clear that he had to win it. He wouldn't have brought
his entire family with him otherwise.
"It will be the same this year. What can I say about
it? Manuel Neuer or Arjen Robben should win it. You
can't disagree with this. Manu has won it all, he is a
great guy and he isn't arrogant. Arjen has played an
incredible season in the Bundesliga and then a
fantastic World Cup.
"But I fear it will be about politics again. The Ballon
d'Or is no longer for the best player. It's all about
politics. Fabio Cannavaro won it in 2006 because he
won the World Cup, that's all.
"I don't miss the Ballon d'Or. I am not jealous
because this award doesn't mean anything to me any
more. I am happy with what I have in Munich.
"When 70,000 fans are screaming my name at the
Allianz Arena, I get goosebumps. I can go home happy
after that."
An injury-plagued 2014 played a role in Ribery's
absence from this year's award, in which Germany
and Bayern goalkeeper Neuer, four-time winner Lionel
Messi and current holder Ronaldo are favourites.
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by superstar3: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ribery, If you like cry a river. Ronaldo and Messi are better than you. They deserve it than you. Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by omar22(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2014
Franck you couldnt put it any better
in 2013 Ribery won the treble, CR7 won ZERO
CR7 flopped big time at the world cup but Robben, Neuer, Rodriguez performed better... Adidas pulls its strings and an Adidas sponsored players wins the golden ball

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
omar22:
CR7 flopped big time at the world cup but Robben, Neuer, Rodriguez performed better... Adidas pulls its strings and an Adidas sponsored players wins the golden ball
Franck actually won 5 trophies in a calendar year
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by mychail(m): 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
omar22:
Ronaldo do is actually endorsed by Nike xo ur argument can't fly. was ribery d most instrumental individual in d treble wining team. Ronaldo showed ribery aw to win a title band deserve d ballon d or last season by scoring 17goals enroute to d champions league trophy
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
mychail:
Ronaldo do is actually endorsed by Nike xo ur argument can't fly. was ribery d most instrumental individual in d treble wining team. Ronaldo showed ribery aw to win a title band deserve d ballon d or last season by scoring 17goals enroute to d champions league trophy
Who is d most influential
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by Badosqi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
Most of you guys supporting Frank don't even know what Ballon D'or award is all about.
This award is mainly base on ur individual performance in a calender year, not your team performance. frank was not even the only exemptional player for bayern the particular year in question. The whole bayern team performed together and is very hard to label one player as the pivot of the team.
Compare this with the performance of the 2 best players Messi and Ronaldo in the world. This 2 give their best for their team and they will continue to rule the world till they finally meet players that can bench them in their team.
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by omar22(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
mychail:

Please tell us who won the Golden Ball at the world cup and who is one of FIFA's major sponsor
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by omar22(m): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
Badosqi:
Most of you guys supporting Frank don't even know what Ballon D'or award is all about.
This award is mainly base on ur individual performance in a calender year, not your team performance. frank was not even the only exemptional player for bayern the particular year in question. The whole bayern team performed together and is very hard to label one player as the pivot of the team.
Compare this with the performance of the 2 best players Messi and Ronaldo in the world. This 2 give their best for their team and they will continue to rule the world till they finally meet players that can bench them in their team.

By your logic tell me how Fabio Cannavaro performed in 2006
Re: RIBERY Slams Ballon D'or :cristiano Ronaldo Winning It Was All Politics by M4gunners: 6:23am On Nov 28, 2014
hizroyalflynes:
Ronaldo winning it was all politics
The Bayern winger believes the individual award is no longer decided on achievements and expects Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben to miss out for that reason
Byern Munich attacker
Franck Ribery feels the Fifa
Ballon d'Or is no longer going
to the best player in the
world and is decided by
politics, rather than
performances.
The Frenchman was beaten to the prestigious
individual award by Cristiano Ronaldo for his 2013
efforts despite guiding Bayern to a historic treble.
Ribery, who is not even in the 23-man shortlist that
will be whittled down the three stars shortly this time
around, believes the trophy has lost all meaning after
witnessing first hand how the Real Madrid star was
treated last year.
"I learned a lot during last year's Ballon d'Or gala. As
soon as I got there, I told my wife that I would lose,"
Ribery told Sport Bild .
"I saw how Sepp Blatter was hugging Ronaldo and
how his entire family was there. I'm not stupid. It was
clear that he had to win it. He wouldn't have brought
his entire family with him otherwise.
"It will be the same this year. What can I say about
it? Manuel Neuer or Arjen Robben should win it. You
can't disagree with this. Manu has won it all, he is a
great guy and he isn't arrogant. Arjen has played an
incredible season in the Bundesliga and then a
fantastic World Cup.
"But I fear it will be about politics again. The Ballon
d'Or is no longer for the best player. It's all about
politics. Fabio Cannavaro won it in 2006 because he
won the World Cup, that's all.
"I don't miss the Ballon d'Or. I am not jealous
because this award doesn't mean anything to me any
more. I am happy with what I have in Munich.
"When 70,000 fans are screaming my name at the
Allianz Arena, I get goosebumps. I can go home happy
after that."
An injury-plagued 2014 played a role in Ribery's
absence from this year's award, in which Germany
and Bayern goalkeeper Neuer, four-time winner Lionel
Messi and current holder Ronaldo are favourites.
Rubery just killed it.Fifa is high on something i tell you. Ronaldo didn't play anything last season to deserves the win.That 2006 he just mentioned, remainds me of Henry playing 2 final ( World Cup and CL ) but lose to Cannavaro that didn't even play anything in CL and Italy was lucky in World cup final.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Make Money With Our Indoor/outdoor Table Tennis / Bayern Munich Team Bus Crashes Into Parked Car In London / Soccer's Top 10 Greatest And Iconic Rivalries..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.