Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... (1003 Views)

My 2005 Toyota Camry Is Giving Me These Codes / Pls Help On These Codes (With Pix) / How Do I Unlock My Car Radio or get the Codes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by Devirus2: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
Car gurus in the house kindly help me with these codes I'm getting. Even if I erase it, it still comes back.

P0420
P2423

Kindly assist with remedies.

Thanks a million.
Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by AutosBay(m): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
Would suggest you follow this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1309287/p0420-code-fix-high-fuel something similar has been analyzed.
Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by Devirus2: 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thanks mate!
Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by auhanson(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Many things could be involved in this but all boils down to one thing, fuel related issues. If you may want to get down into the technicalities of this you may take a rash decision out of complexity of the whole process. So I will advice that you take the simplest possible and priceless solution first of all, perhabs these might be just all that you needed to do. If the issues persist you can then go down to the technicality of it all else u might get confused.
Just find a good fuel treatment for your car constantly for 3 consecutive weeks religiously. Double the dose at first implementation. I will throw more light on this

1 Like

Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by auhanson(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
ii'm back , i had to attain to my gen, thats niaja for you.

Such codes could point to several symptoms and components that if you may want to be thorough you could end up in very unnecessary expensive repairs, as fingers could be pointed to your: o2 sensors; a/f sensors; catalytic converters; spark plugs ; airfilters; even clogging valve tulips.

In a nut shell, bad fuel throws a lot of carbon into your engine reduces her life span clogged your muflers/catalytic converters making breathing difficult; messing with your spark plugs, injectors; and shortening your servicing intervals depending on the type of car you drive . Worst hits are the German cars and European cars that are meant to be driven on premium fuel.If these is allowed for too long your car would loose considerable amount of power and even horsepower if tested on a dyno. and eventually can even kill your engine in it worst case scenario, but never panic yet

The simplest solution to this is to find an extreme fuel treatment but harmless type like XFT and FUEL MAGIC, you could find them on Konga(i am not trying to promote any product or services here but offering experimented solution). I have done so with XFT and it did not only solved these but increase the horses as well as cleaning the spark plugs, the injector system/throttle body as well as lubricating your engine and lengthening her service interval, burning your fuel at very low temperature thereby helping the clogging of your catalytic converters/muflers. You could proof this by seeing no carbon on your exhaust tail if you dip your fingers there, also your spark plugs and throttle body to see how clean they would appear after prolong usage for like 3 weeks(remember to always double the first dose or 2 , 3 doses) . The cost is cancelled out in the economy it returns back to your car. So you are in essence not spending a dine but gaining from the entire process and maxing out your engine efficiency and the over all performance of your ride as well as the life span of your engine.

So what am i saying, don't debate on the numerous processes and components to handle but just do the treating of these over all components, you could change your spark plugs if it is in her final lifespan cycle , you may clean your air cleaner, but make sure you treat your fuel for at least 3 weeks and see if you would still get those codes again.

I hope you will follow this advice and give your testimony later

1 Like

Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by Sanguine(f): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
auhanson:

Such codes could point to several symptoms and components that if you may want to be thorough you could end up in very unnecessary expensive repairs, as fingers could be pointed to your: o2 sensors; a/f sensors; catalytic converters; spark plugs ; airfilters; even clogging valve tulips.

In a nut shell, bad fuel throws a lot of carbon into your engine reduces her life span clogged your muflers/catalytic converters making breathing difficult; messing with your spark plugs, injectors; and shortening your servicing intervals depending on the type of car you drive . Worst hits are the German cars and European cars that are meant to be driven on premium fuel.If these is allowed for too long your car would loose considerable amount of power and even horsepower if tested on a dyno. and eventually can even kill your engine in it worst case scenario, but never panic yet

The simplest solution to this is to find an extreme fuel treatment but harmless type like XFT and FUEL MAGIC, you could find them on Konga(i am not trying to promote any product or services here but offering experimented solution). I have done so with XFT and it did not only solved these but increase the horses as well and also clean the spark plugs, the injector system/throttle body as well as lubricating your engine and lengthening her service interval, burning your fuel at very low temperature thereby helping the clogging of your catalytic converters/muflers. You could proof this by seeing no carbon on your exhaust tail if you dip your fingers there, also your spark plugs and throttle body to see how clean they would appear after prolong usage for like 3 weeks(remember to always double the first dose or 2 , 3 doses) . The cost is cancelled out in the economy it returns back to your car. So you are in essence not spending a dine but gaining from the entire process and maxing out your engine efficiency and the over all performance of your ride as well as the life span of your engine.

So what am i saying, don't debate on the numerous processes and components to handle but just do the treating of these over all components, you could change your spark plugs if it is in her final lifespan cycle , you may clean your air cleaner, but make sure you treat your fuel for at least 3 weeks and see if you would still get those codes again.

Well said Bro. I can very well attest to the fact that the Syntek XFT is one very great product. With consistent use and the right application, you can be sure your engine would come out as good as new within months, if not weeks....

2 Likes

Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by Devirus2: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2014
Thank bro. Will do
Re: Gurus In The House, Kindly Help With These Codes... by Demdem(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
auhanson:

The simplest solution to this is to find an extreme fuel treatment but harmless type like XFT and FUEL MAGIC, you could find them on Konga(i am not trying to promote any product or services here but offering experimented solution). I have done so with XFT and it did not only solved these but increase the horses as well as cleaning the spark plugs, the injector system/throttle body as well as lubricating your engine and lengthening her service interval, burning your fuel at very low temperature thereby helping the clogging of your catalytic converters/muflers. You could proof this by seeing no carbon on your exhaust tail if you dip your fingers there, also your spark plugs and throttle body to see how clean they would appear after prolong usage for like 3 weeks(remember to always double the first dose or 2 , 3 doses) . The cost is cancelled out in the economy it returns back to your car. So you are in essence not spending a dine but gaining from the entire process and maxing out your engine efficiency and the over all performance of your ride as well as the life span of your engine.

Thanks for this. i have 3 benz cars i use constantly and i have never for once used this XFT stuff u are talking about. i just go into a service centre, purchase my fuel and zoom off. Reading ur post now makes me scared that i may not be treating my babies as i ought to. i cant vouch for those fuels i buy so i am really scared. i also have been experiencing hesitation especially very early in the morning on one of my cars and also power loss during motion.
Are u saying that its advisable that i get this XFT stuff u are talking about?
what is it like? do they tell it right here in PH? is it recommended for all modes and from what year? what is the right dosage and frequency? do u have a picture of what it is? wouldn't want anything to happen to my babies and that's why i take no prisoners when its time to care for them. Please kindly shed light to this utter darkness of mine.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

CLK 350 / Dashboard Light Not Coming Up! / Peugeot RCZ R: Emotional Aggressive Power!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.