Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

The Pathetic Story Of My Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pathetic Story Of My Life (724 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pathetic Story Of My Life by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
What you are about to read is true. but then, it doesn't sound that fictional. it's just funny to me. i know this story may paint me to be a selfish and materialistic individual, but in reality, i'm a very compassionate, albeit manipulative person. that kind of comes with the brains i possess. last year, my life was pretty okay. i'd say perfect but i'm not that romantic. i was at the top of the class, i was an incredibly brilliant person. i was underage for my class, i never studied, rarely took notes, hardly ever did my assignments, i almost never took part in grade boosting schemes by teachers, and yet, i was still among the top ten.(in a class of 200) i was a science student and i spent most of my time searching my textbooks for clues to solve my invention problems. i also had what i treasured a lot: a laptop. it was my key to the world. i used it to find knowledge. i wanted to get rich with it. to add value to the world, become a force to be reckoned with. i wanted to publish novels online with it. i was studying many useful softwares with it. i was going to ace waec with it.
then, it broke down.

to be continued. . .

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic Story Of My Life by Ambrogio(m): 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
Let me see if your story is sadder than others
Re: The Pathetic Story Of My Life by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
At first, i wasn't worried. why would i? whatever breaks down can be fixed. besides, i was an intellectual daredevil. a spoilt laptop wasn't that worrisome compared to my "on the brink of doom" grades. my dad took it to his friend.(who got it in the first place.) and he promptly handed it over to his younger brother. his ever busy friend. as it turned out, for the next three months, all it did war gather dust in the man's upper drawer. my precious assets locked in it's hard drive. waec came and i was forced to do something i rarely do: study from paper. i had skillfully influenced my dad to hand over his phone to me and get another one. prior to the exams. it was and android phone. it didn't compare. eventually, all i ended up doing was trying to top my high scores on temple run and subway surf. and of course, to learn korean. (you just can't type an ebook successfully with a techno L3.) i had a three day relationship with the girl next door(we broke up because she lied to me.) and my best friend came over to stay with me during the exam period. after the exams, my L3 was pretty damaged. most of it due to my friend and siblings. eventually my friend ruined the phone and had to take it to a repairer where it has been for months.

to be continued.
Re: The Pathetic Story Of My Life by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
one other day, i was physically sparring with my ex's twin sister when my glasses fell and broke it's frame. it couldn't hold the lens and i had to endure three weeks of intense discomfort from the reaction of my eyes and the super glue i used to keep my frame together. it ended when my sister sat on it and broke the other lens in two. so i basically had to wear glasses with a broken frame and one of the lenses split down the middle. i think i took that for a week. anyway, that's that.
after waec, jamb. of course, i chose cbt. i convinced my dad to collect his friend's old dell laptop which i used to teach my friend the operations, and to serve my personal purposes. when i got the laptop, it was a mess. i upgraded it and all. continued where i left off, on the night before the utme, i watched movies late into the night. the following day, i did the exam, the following sunday, i transfered my files to a memory card and returned the computer

to be continued
Re: The Pathetic Story Of My Life by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Then, with no personal devices, i turned on my mom's device. predictably, there were lots of empty batteries, complaints, and general annoyances. one day, one of the hot headed brothers in the church saw the phone with me and annoyingly snatched the phone. i don't know how the heck he did it, but by the time he handed it over to my mum, the screen was ruined. out of anger and spite, the next phone she got was nothing two write home about. the default browser was opera mini three.

(1) (Reply)

5 Success Tips For Book Retailing In Nigeria / The Sons Of Futa Jalon (part 1) By Femi Fani-kayode / Rihanna Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.