Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church (3318 Views)

Who Laughs Last Laughs Best (rap Poetry) / Tribute To My Little Sister. «niece» (rap Poetry) / Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
On Sunday service Praying, i paused coz God sent me a VISSION/
That its time to accomplish my Marital Mission/ ... that the beautiful girl α​t my 3:00 clock he personally Made my Wife/
i kept searching n watching till my heart fell off my body like crumbs of bread..// α​t first i Thought α​h was Dead//... On the altar bout to take the bread from the priest when I saw her, my heart came to life again, so I screamed Jesus! You the bread of life..//
(After service)
I quickly walked up to her, i was like Girl spare me a Minute, i need us to briefly Converse/
Firstly ur 'Beauty' is not of this 'Planet' ‎​am guessing you from Marz/
Marz? Ɣǝ̥§
coz the First time i saw you. I knew have found my Missing Ribs/
Am Tempted to 'Touch n Hug' you, i wanna Kiss Ya Lips/
They say life is sweet, but I doubted untill I met you sweetheart/
under the sun, u make me shiver, under the rain u make me sweat when I'm putting on my red hat//
I've loved and I've cried, I'll call you my onion/
just like I've made up my mind I'll listen to no other opinion/
Girl your Beauty is 'Driving me Crazy' right now am Just going Nuts/ (Jos/North) Like a Super Model, damn baby you too Hot/
See, Its obvious people don't see youlike i Do/
Ill trek for you from Lekki, through 3rd Mainland down to Mile 2/
on the 'Battlefield of Love' i'b there to Fight for You/
Those boiz? Thier 'Total Dissaster' when it comes to matters of the Heart/
they wud say they LOVE You, buh its ur Heart they want to Tear Apart/
Am no Reminisce buh my LOVE for you, its Too Much/
I wunt 'Hurt ur Feelings' i wouldn't even Do Such/
Girl i have a Confession!, are you Gonna Marry me?/
Be my Wife, Bear me Kids, together like Couples we shud 'Build' a Family/
(Her Response)
bro take it 'Slow' you moving Too Fast/. . Men are not to be 'Trusted' this days its had to see the Good Lads/
Like Emmygee I know ♈όϋ gat Rands N Naira' buh Love is not only bout Cool Cash/
Be patient lemme get home, rethink the matter, i'll Call or text you, i promise i Wunt Flash/ ...
(Α​t Home)
Then i got a Call From Babel/
That during their 'Youth Meeting' the Reverend Father said he Had a Vission/ Which says, 'Heaven' Lost an Angel/ Funny this sounds ℓιkε Mission/
Then i asked him, how does she look like? He said she's Six Feet Tall/
She so Qute, elegant, Her skin 'Firm' like a District Wall/
like a Deer her Feets are so Tender/
She neither fat nor Slender/
She dressed like a Queen/
To 'Cut' the story 'Short' ♈όϋ can't compare her Beauty to any mortal Beauty Queen/
then it dawned on me she's,
THE GIRL I MET IN THE CHURCH

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hehehehehe,oga mi you just taught me new pickup lines. Oya ka lo am woo looooooor!

ℓ̊ quickly walked up to her, ℓ̊ was ℓιkε Girl spare me
a Minute, ℓ̊ need us to briefly Converse/ ... Firstly ur
'Beauty' is not of this 'Planet' am guessing ♈όϋ from
Marz??/... Ɣǝ̥§ coz the First time ℓ̊ saw ♈όϋ. I knew
have found my Missing Ribs/ ... Am Tempted to
'Touch n Hug' ♈όϋ, i wanna Kiss Ya Lips/ ... They say
life is sweet, but I doubted untill I met you
sweetheart/ ... under the sun, u make me shiver,
under the rain u make me sweat when I'm putting
on my red hat// I've loved and I've cried, I'll call you
my onion/ ... just like I've made up my mind I'll listen
to no other opinion/ .... Girl your Beauty is 'Driving
me Crazy' i Just dey go Nuts/ (Jos/North) ... Like a
Super Model, damn baby ♈όϋ too Hot/

Your rhymes lol. And the way your lines end. Let me borrow GIYAZZ's words. This is "rap poetry". This is awesome Bruv keep it up! cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
laykorn:
Hehehehehe,oga mi you just taught me new pickup lines. Oya ka lo am woo looooooor!

Your rhymes lol. And the way your lines end. Let me borrow GIYAZZ's words. This is "rap poetry". This is awesome Bruv keep it up! cheesy
Ayamlaykorn

Bless Baba Mi!
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
I like this
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
elvisosho:
I like this
Tnx plz help broadcast
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by PerfumeRepublik: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2014
Cool
Try and remove those special characters ..
Simple and plain is way to go
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
PerfumeRepublik:
Cool
Try and remove those special characters ..
Simple and plain is way to go
Done!! cool
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Niftyrules(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
gottoboy:
On Sunday service Praying, i paused coz God sent me a VISSION/
That its time to accomplish my Marital Mission/ ... that the beautiful girl α t my 3:00 clock he personally Made my Wife/
i kept searching n watching till my heart fell off my body like crumbs of bread..// α t first i Thought α h was Dead//... On the altar bout to take the bread from the priest when I saw her, my heart came to life again, so I screamed Jesus! You the bread of life..//
(After service)
I quickly walked up to her, i was like Girl spare me a Minute, i need us to briefly Converse/
Firstly ur 'Beauty' is not of this 'Planet' ‎ am guessing you from Marz/
Marz? Ɣǝ̥§
coz the First time i saw you. I knew have found my Missing Ribs/
Am Tempted to 'Touch n Hug' you, i wanna Kiss Ya Lips/
They say life is sweet, but I doubted untill I met you sweetheart/
under the sun, u make me shiver, under the rain u make me sweat when I'm putting on my red hat//
I've loved and I've cried, I'll call you my onion/
just like I've made up my mind I'll listen to no other opinion/
Girl your Beauty is 'Driving me Crazy' right now am Just going Nuts/ (Jos/North) Like a Super Model, damn baby you too Hot/
See, Its obvious people don't see youlike i Do/
Ill trek for you from Lekki, through 3rd Mainland down to Mile 2/
on the 'Battlefield of Love' i'b there to Fight for You/
Those boiz? Thier 'Total Dissaster' when it comes to matters of the Heart/
they wud say they LOVE You, buh its ur Heart they want to Tear Apart/
Am no Reminisce buh my LOVE for you, its Too Much/
I wunt 'Hurt ur Feelings' i wouldn't even Do Such/
Girl i have a Confession!, are you Gonna Marry me?/
Be my Wife, Bear me Kids, together like Couples we shud 'Build' a Family/
(Her Response)
bro take it 'Slow' you moving Too Fast/. . Men are not to be 'Trusted' this days its had to see the Good Lads/
Like Emmygee I know ♈όϋ gat Rands N Naira' buh Love is not only bout Cool Cash/
Be patient lemme get home, rethink the matter, i'll Call or text you, i promise i Wunt Flash/ ...
(Α t Home)
Then i got a Call From Babel/
That during their 'Youth Meeting' the Reverend Father said he Had a Vission/ Which says, 'Heaven' Lost an Angel/ Funny this sounds ℓιkε Mission/
Then i asked him, how does she look like? He said she's Six Feet Tall/
She so Qute, elegant, Her skin 'Firm' like a District Wall/
like a Deer her Feets are so Tender/
She neither fat nor Slender/
She dressed like a Queen/
To 'Cut' the story 'Short' ♈όϋ can't compare her Beauty to any mortal Beauty Queen/
then it dawned on me she's,
THE GIRL I MET IN THE CHURCH

Hey bro to be frank with you, you're gonna be a good poet only if you could observe some few things. You can tell the story better only if you follow the pattern in which poems are arranged.

I can bet it with you that you've got the stuff in you but provided you can learn more from others. Don't know if you've heard about allpoetry.com before but you can Check here and see some of my poems: allpoetry.com/poem/by/Niftyrules
lest I forget you're also a good story teller.
Do have a nice day
Regards
Niftyrules.
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Niftyrules:

Hey bro to be frank with you, you're gonna be a good poet only if you could observe some few things. You can tell the story better only if you follow the pattern in which poems are arranged.

I can bet it with you that you've got the stuff in you but provided you can learn more from others. Don't know if you've heard about allpoetry.com before but you can Check here and see some of my poems: allpoetry.com/poem/by/Niftyrules
lest I forget you're also a good story teller.
Do have a nice day
Regards
Niftyrules.
Tnx brov, ill do just that
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by AfricanApple(f): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
gottoboy, hope by the time u start going international you will still be using this moniker so that I will know its u cheesy

mehn! boy you are too good, imma start putting my eyes on u lipsrsealed
I guess this is one of the raps you were talking about, this is more more than a poem o

you and rapzino will make a good collabo smiley
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by herald9: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
gottoboy:

Tnx brov, ill do just that

Dude.. you'll give Yung6ix a run for his money...Your rap is cool and entertainingcheesy
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by misshoree(f): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
Aww!this is so cute wink
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 7:27am On Dec 22, 2014
herald9:

Dude.. you'll give Yung6ix a run for his money...Your rap is cool and entertainingcheesy

Tnx bro, ii appreciate
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 7:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Reyginus
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2014
Good one. But it is more like a rap. It is lacking in that poetic essence every poet identifies by heart.

Don't follow any pattern if you want to be average. Create your pattern. Diss the iambs and create your style. You must not write in aabb pattern.
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 11:51am On Dec 22, 2014
Reyginus:
Good one. But it is more like a rap. It is lacking in that poetic essence every poet identifies by heart.

Don't follow any pattern if you want to be average. Create your pattern. Diss the iambs and create your style. You must not write in aabb pattern.
Aabb pattern?
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 11:53am On Dec 22, 2014
misshoree:
Aww!this is so cute wink
Tnx maam

1 Like

Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
gottoboy:

Aabb pattern?
Yeah...
I quickly walked up to her, i was like Girl spare
me a Minute, i need us to briefly Converse/a

Firstly ur 'Beauty' is not of this 'Planet' am
guessing you from Marz/a

Marz? Ɣǝ̥§
coz the First time i saw you. I knew have found
my Missing Ribs/b

Am Tempted to 'Touch n Hug' you, i wanna Kiss
Ya Lips/b

The first and second words rhyme similarly and that makes them 'a' lines while the third and fourth rhymes similarly and different from the first and second so we have a 'b'. You don't really need this normal style of rhyming in poetry if you want to be different and too good. You can do without even rhyming or you reinvent the rhyme scheme.
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
Reyginus:
Yeah...
I quickly walked up to her, i was like Girl spare
me a Minute, i need us to briefly Converse/a

Firstly ur 'Beauty' is not of this 'Planet' am
guessing you from Marz/a

Marz? Ɣǝ̥§
coz the First time i saw you. I knew have found
my Missing Ribs/b

Am Tempted to 'Touch n Hug' you, i wanna Kiss
Ya Lips/b

Ơ̴̴̴͡ º°˚˚°ºoo now ii get the gist! It depends onn thee source of Ūя̲̅ inspiration/mood, and time limit, as a poetic rapper, my rhyme scheme came exactly from a rapping angle (Flow). . . Still working O̶̲̥̅Ϟ a permanent style though
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
gottoboy:

Ơ̴̴̴͡ º°˚˚°ºoo now ii get the gist! It depends onn thee source of Ūя̲̅ inspiration/mood, and time limit, as a poetic rapper, my rhyme scheme came exactly from a rapping angle (Flow). . . Still working O̶̲̥̅Ϟ a permanent style though
Okay.
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Buqqui: 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wow!!!
That's impressive.
With a little polishing here and there,
You'll make an Author someday.

All the best bud.
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 3:38am On Dec 25, 2014
Buqqui:
Wow!!!
That's impressive.
With a little polishing here and there,
You'll make an Author someday.

All the best bud.
Tnx мα'am
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 25, 2014
gottoboy:

Tnx мα'am
Tony, where you see Ma'm
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2014
laykorn:

Tony, where you see Ma'm
Ayamlaykorn
Hang Over cheesy
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
gottoboy, hope by the time u start going international you will still be using this moniker so that I will know its u cheesy

Ɣǝ̥§! Buh ill have an Alter Ego
♡⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅̊nthonƔ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥♡ iis my other ᶰ̲ᵃ̲ᵐ̲ᵉ̲ a.k.a TonniBlaze

AfricanApple:

mehn! boy you are too good, imma start putting my eyes on u lipsrsealed
Αм already putting myy eyes O̶̲̥̅Ϟ you, infact αм writing you 2love verses for starters cool

AfricanApple:

I guess this is one of the raps you were talking about, this is more more than a poem o

Its not Ơ̴̴̴͡ º°˚˚°ºoo, its just a free verse, this is rap poetry a little bit beyond Poem

AfricanApple:

you and rapzino will make a good collabo smiley
Rapzino His he O̶̲̥̅Ϟ NL? Den ii need to get intouch with him
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by AfricanApple(f): 10:45am On Jan 01, 2015
gottoboy:

Αм already putting myy eyes O̶̲̥̅Ϟ you, infact αм writing you 2love verses for starters cool

Its not Ơ̴̴̴͡ º°˚˚°ºoo, its just a free verse, this is rap poetry a little bit beyond Poem

tonniblaze. no pp

oh really? I can't wait to hear them cheesy

hmm

yep, he is
happy happy new year
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
AfricanApple:
tonniblaze. no pp

oh really? I can't wait to hear them cheesy

hmm

yep, he is
happy happy new year
Same to You
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Rapzino: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
gottoboy:

sup man?
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Rapzino:
sup man?
Dude wasup?
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by Rapzino: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2015
gottoboy:

Dude wasup?
i'm good and ya?
Re: Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church by gottoboy(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2015
Rapzino:
i'm good and ya?
Gooder, do you rap?

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Must Learn To Fly Again / . / What Brought Forth Your Poetic Side?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.