Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,689 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot (1080 Views)

Banned by spambot In Sexuality Section 4 No Reason(pic) / Can Someone Just Tell Me Why I Got Banned / Places In The Us That Are Infested With Nigerians :) (info From Wikipedia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
I don't know when it became a crime to post an information from Wikipedia.

Please seun modify the algorithm spambot uses in banning people.

The information I posted from Wikipedia was about seagulls which was relevant to what the op was talking about,that didn't violate any rule. Sir please correct the algorithm that spambot uses,cos it's annoying and could discourage someone from coming to nairaland.

#my advice
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Diffdeef(m): 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
See the time wey you dey create this kind complaint

You think say seun and him colleagues no dey sleep?
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Show me the link to your comment let me see if I can help.

I feel its not the comment that got you banned but something else. I'd be willing to find and point it out.
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Fabdedon(m): 1:34am On Nov 28, 2014
Dapo777:
I don't know when it became a crime to post an information from Wikipedia.

Please seun modify the algorithm spambot uses in banning people.

The information I posted from Wikipedia was about seagulls which was relevant to what the op was talking about,that didn't violate any rule. Sir please correct the algorithm that spambot uses,cos it's annoying and could discourage someone from coming to nairaland.

#my advice

are u sure?...ur signature..deep inside is s greensnake in a green grass
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 28, 2014
Fabdedon:
are u sure?...ur signature..deep inside is s greensnake in a green grass

Copy and paste some long information from Wikipedia and see if you don't get banned. angry
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2014
charix:
Show me the link to your comment let me see if I can help.

I feel its not the comment that got you banned but something else. I'd be willing to find and point it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/2016501/evolution-seagull-dance

There is only one hidden post on that thread,that's my post which spambot banned me for
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 28, 2014
Dapo777:

Since its already hidden and unquoted there is no way I can come to a conclusion about it.
Anyway thanks for mentioning it so Seun can look into the problem.

[EDIT]

Everyone else was quoting wiki so I don't see why you get a special ban for doing it.
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2014
charix:

Since its already hidden and unquoted there is no way I can come to a conclusion about it.
Anyway thanks for mentioning it so Seun can look into the problem.

[EDIT]

Everyone else was quoting wiki so I don't see why you get a special ban for doing it.

No I was the only one who quoted an information from wikipedia
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2014
Dapo777:

No I was the only one who quoted an information from wikipedia

Ok then hopefully he comes in with a strong reason why that is so.
Re: I Got Banned For Posting An Info From Wikipedia By Spambot by Obinoscopy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mail the mods, they'll look into it.

(1)

Nairaland Is The 2nd Most Visited Forum In The World. / 9 Creepiest Ghost Towns In The World / A 5-man Gang Arrested For Selling Human Parts Tomb Raiding In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.