Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada (11088 Views)

Uk About To Axe Permanent Residence Permit For Legal Immigrants / Canada Immigration Lawyer David Cohen Helps Nigerians Get Permanent Residence / Easiest Way Of Getting Permanent Residence In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by disturbia: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2008
Am going to study in Canada for my masters after my studies I will like to become a permanent residence. Is it possible?
Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by tipsy289(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2009
Yes it is possible but first know its a lengthy process.If you are not studying in the province of Quebec,then read this.
i can give you the website and tell you to look for everything, http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/index.asp.
I'm guessing you are going to apply as a skilled worker which means you will need work experience of at least one year(doesnt matter where you worked) and you will also need to have an arranged job when you get to canada(you have to apply for a temporary work permit for this) and this job must be related/skilled to ur career(not anything like waiter,salesman e.t.c).Try and use the calculate my score to see if u will be eligible to apply on the website i gave you(you need at least 67).
Also,you know becoming a permanent resident,it is mandatory to live in canada for 3 years for every 4years/5 years i think r u'll lose the status.
Go hunting around on different websites am sure they will be of good help cos the process is long.
Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by symbian03(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2009
If you're interested in white chics and aswell ready to settle down, then the easiest way is to get married and have a baby if possible lol. Just don't cheat on her because of papers,as the government will be monitoring/checking how you guys are coping before you green card could be issued.

Other ways, you have to stay there for at least three years before applying for the citizenship. After applying, it would take you another two years before you could be considered as a permanent resident. G"luck

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by blackspade(m): 10:51am On Jan 11, 2009
"Canadian Immigrant Success Stories"

http://www.russcanada.com/testimon-nigeria.php
Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by JerrCa(m): 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2011
My Bros, Just saw some of ur old links here and wanted 2 ask you questions. What's the best way of obtaing a student visa for my nephew in naija that would like to do engineering here? Can you share some of ur experience 'cause i wanna help him. I'm in Ontario. I understand most applicatns these days are online. Abeg, ur ideas on how to avoid mistakes inthe application here will be appreciated. The boy is currently on vacation in states but likes here better.
Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by AjanleKoko: 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
disturbia:

Am going to study in Canada for my masters after my studies I will like to become a permanent residence. Is it possible?

Permanent residence?
Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by Gbenge77(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Permanent residence?
it would be interesting to see how the op(a human being) becomes "a permanent residence".

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by silkywave(f): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2011
Yes you can apply to become a PR. But you have to meet certain criteria , because you will be applying as a skilled worker, so if you have some work experience and and with a certain again, you will meet the pass mark for eligibility of 67%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada by pelumisky: 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
What are the criteria to apply for PR in Canada please?

(1) (Reply)

Us Announces New Visa Fees / Agencies Buy Air Ticket Abroad For Intending Travellers Due To Dollar Scarcity / British Airways Cancels Lagos, Abuja Flights Over System Glitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.