Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin (13267 Views)

Herdsmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Enugu / Gunmen Abduct Winners Pastor During Prayer Session / Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by lalasticlala(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
A 95-year-old Senior Apostle General of Messiah Gospel Church, Urhokuosa, Benin-city, Moses Aibangbee, was kidnapped on Thursday at 5.30am at the entrance of his church.

Narrating the incident to journalists, Pastor Aigbe Christopher said he woke up around 5am in preparation for the morning service only to by accosted by four persons fully armed with guns.

He said: “As I woke up around 5am this morning (yesterday), I opened my front door and saw four persons by the window of our Papa Aibangbee. They left the window and pointed their guns at me, telling me to ask my wife to switch off the radio that was on at that particular time.

“They then asked me to cooperate with them and they had not come for me but Papa Aibangbee.

“At that point, Henry, Aibangbee’s son, had readied the car to take papa to church. As they drove off to church, they left me and I ran after them because the road is not too motorable.”

Christopher said as he tried to run to the church to warn the elderly man and his son through another road, he overheard the wife of the abducted priest crying that her husband had been kidnapped.

Giving his own account, Henry, who drove his 95-year-old father to church, said as they arrived the church premises, he asked his parents to wait inside the car while he went in to put on the church’s generating set, stating that before he could do that, two persons armed with guns pounced on him demanding the car key.

He said the gunmen took the key and drove his car away, abducting his father along with them.

The 95-year-old man’s wife, Mrs. Aibangbee also told reporters that she managed to sneak out of the car when the gunmen focused attention on her son.

She said she wondered what they would want with the poor old man and appealed to the abductors to release him, as he is unwell.

At the time of filing this report, the community elders and youths were meeting on the incident, while contact had not been established with the abductors.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/gunmen-abduct-95-year-old-priest-in-benin/195259/
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by holatin(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
what for
an old man
something smell meaty And fishy

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by chakula: 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
He will preach them and turn them meaningful figures in their society.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Ebubeslym(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
not suprised at all

Christmas is almost here...
targets must be met..

but kidnapping a man who is almost old to be your ancestor is really awful..

why cant you go kidnap baba oshe...

i pray these fools are caught and punished..

yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by accurate123: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
Bad
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by sommyblaze(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
how this case wan change the fact say na garri i go soak this night #school no easy atall

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by ikmuan(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
FTC
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by onihaxy: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
holatin:
what for
Ebubeslym:
not suprised at all
accurate123:
Bad
sommyblaze:
ikmuan:
FTC
QMark:
This is serious
accurate123:
....is typing
LordMecuzy:
Hmmmm.
Benin Boys Nawa Oooooooooh.
No Respect
bunmioguns:
Did I just see 95 years
Haaaa nkan nbe
ALKARULEZ615:
N
VenusBetty:
Hian
tebirim:
Stay off my land... grin cheesy
Na beg oooo grin shocked
lilbazy:
Hmmm
phollybee:
No

Una weldone ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by QMark: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is serious
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by accurate123: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
....is typing
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by LordMecuzy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmmm.

Benin Boys Nawa Oooooooooh.

No Respect
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by bunmioguns(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Did I just see 95 years

Haaaa nkan nbe
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
N
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hian
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Innodon(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Boiz must chop dis December. ...bt dis is awkward. ...95 yrs....dis boiz no get pity
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Stay off my land... grin cheesy

Na beg oooo grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by lilbazy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ebubeslym:
b
sommyblaze:
onihaxy:
[/quote][quote author=bunmioguns post=28418988] undecided
ALKARULEZ615:
N
Hmmm
tebirim:
O
Nairaland members...meeting is 4.00pm ooo: venue:joke section...our able leaders andyblaze,tallesty1 and icebrylin 'll be there to give some speech about the incest "I schooled in france ish"...pls don't be late

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by onihaxy: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
ikmuan:
FTC

Try again later

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by phollybee(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
Goodnews for the Family,,, They should not even bother to pay any Ransom coz at his old Age already🆕 ..
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by gabinogem(m): 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
It's the season for noise pollution, contamination, exaggeration & more cartoons than animation...
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Boys are not smiling.

We will definately experience more kidnappings and an upsurge in other crimes, Especially this christmas period.

So when making your budget for the christmas make sure to keep something for the boys because, a lot of recharge card and #2500 kidnappers will emerge from their corners where they are presently hibernating.

But darn, kidnapping a 95yr old, boyz are realy getting desperate.
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Timmytimmy: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
kingzjay:
'
accurate123:
lipsrsealed
Slonge2:
phollybee:
No
VenusBetty:
Hian
ALKARULEZ615:
N
accurate123:
....is typing
QMark:
This is serious
onihaxy:
[/quote][quote author=sommyblaze post=28418968].

Hmmm..... angry
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Shadyswag(m): 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Now those kidnappers are some brainless twarts!
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by kingzjay(m): 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
95 years old? God please have mercy!!!!

But where are we really heading to?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Funjosh(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
shocked LA WA O shocked
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
"The 95-year-old man’s wife, Mrs. Aibangbee also told reporters that she managed to sneak out of the car when the gunmen focused attention on her son."

Maybe it's just the wording, but jeez. Mom of the Year.
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Tritone02: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Chiefpriest1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is so bad. I wonder what these young men who have blood and water flowing through them would do with a 95-yr old man.

Really, the kidnapping economy in the south south is really booming. I guess its part of oga at the top's transformation agenda.

And after milking the family for a ransom, the police will come up with their usual grammar: 'the kidnappers took to their heels after our men mounted pressure on them,leaving the old man behind. No ransom was paid'. It is well o

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Jabioro: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hope he was kidnaped along with his bible for refrences..
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by condralbede(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
Bad....Are they high on pawpaw leaf95 years old Priest.....men this is very risky oo.
Re: Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin by Vicotex(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
D tin juz b like african magic

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Cart Pushers Jailed In Lagos (Photo) / UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos / Kidnappers Snatch Two Siblings From Their Home In Ogun, Demand ₦15m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.