Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage (759 Views)

Sweet Picture Of A Father And His Daughter Goes Viral(photo) / Is It Right For A Mother/Father To Kiss His/her Child Like This? / Words From Abia State University (absu) Gang Rape Scandal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by seunowokade(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
1. My son, if you keep spending on a woman and she never asked you if you’re saving or investing, and she keeps enjoying the attention, don’t marry her.

2. My son, a woman could be a good wife to you, some could be a good mother to your children but if you’ve found a woman like a
mother to you, your children and your family, please don’t let her go.

3. My son, don’t confine the position of your wife to the kitchen, where did you get that
from? Even in our days, we had farm-lands where they worked every morning . . . that was our office.

4. My son, if I tell you that you’re the head of the house, don’t look at your pocket; look if you will see a smile on your wife’s face.

5. My son, if you want to have a long life, let your wife be in-charge of your salary, it will be difficult for her to spend it when she’s aware of the home needs and bills to pay but if it’s in your care, she will keep you asking even when all has been spent.

6. My son, don’t ever beat your woman, the pain in her body is nothing to be compared to the wound on her heart and that means you may be in trouble living with a wounded woman.

7. My son, now that you’re married, if you live a bachelor kind of life with your wife, you will
soon be single again.

8. My son, in our days, we had many wives and many children because of our large farm-
lands and many harvests, there are hardly any land for farming anymore, so embrace your
woman closely.

9. My son, under the cocoa tree that I did meet your mother could be your eateries and restaurants of nowadays, but remember, the
closet thing we did there was to embrace each other.

10. My son, don’t be carried away when you start making more money, instead of spending on those tiny legs that never knew
how hard you worked to get it, spend it on that woman that stood by you all along.

11. My son, when I threw little stones or whistled at the window of your mother father’s house, to call her out, it was not for sex, it was because I missed her somuch.

12. My son, remember, when you say your wife has changed, there could be something you’ve stopped doing too.

13. My son, your mother, rode the bicycle with me before I bought that tortoise car outside there, any woman that won’t endure with you in your little beginning
should not enjoy your riches.

14. My son, don’t compare your wife to any woman, there are ways she’s enduring you too and has she ever compared you to any
man?

15. My son, there is this thing you people call feminism, well, if a woman claim to have equal right with you in the house, divide all
the bills into two equal parts, take one part and ask her to start paying the other part.

16. My son, I met your mother a virgin and I took more yams to her father, if you don’t meet your wife a virgin, don’t blame her,
what I didn’t tell you is that our women had prestige.

17. My son, I didn’t send your sisters to school because I was foolish like many to think a female child won’t extend my family name, please don’t make that mistake, the kind of female achievers I see nowadays has
made the male-gender an ordinary tag.

18. My son, your mother have once locked up the cloth I was wearing and almost tore it because she was angry, I did not raise my hand to beat her because of a day like this, so that I can be proud to tell you that I never for
once beat your mother.

19. My son, in our days, our women had more of natural beauty, though I wouldn’t lie to
you, some had minor painting of their appellation mostly on their arms, the ones you people now call tattoo, but don’t forget that they didn’t expose any part of their body like your women of nowadays.

20. My son, your mother and I are not interested in what happens in your marriage, try to handle issues without always coming
to us.

21. My son, remember I bought your mother’s first sewing machine for her, help your wife
achieve her dreams just as you’re pursuing yours.

22. My son, don’t stop taking care of me and your mother, it’s a secret of growing old and
having children to take care of you too.

23. My son, pray with your family, there is a tomorrow you don’t know, talk to God that knows everything, everyday.

A word is Enough for the Wise ---
http://relationshipmatters18plus.com/2014/07/words-from-a-father-to-a-son-about-marriage/

Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmmm, Witty! Good job OP. Whats your source anyway?

1 Like

Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by seunowokade(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Scrypt:
Hmmmm, Witty! Good job OP. Whats your source anyway?
Jidefido stole my dis write up yesterday sometime after 9pm and d admin put it on front Page... Abah
Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by Jidefido(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2014
seunowokade:
Jidefido stole my dis write up yesterday sometime after 9pm and d admin put it on front Page... Abah

Hey bruv, I am sorry but really I didn't copy anything from you. Had no idea you had posted it. So I didn't steal it pls
Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by seunowokade(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2014
Jidefido:

Hey bruv, I am sorry but really I didn't copy anything from you. Had no idea you had posted it. So I didn't steal it pls
That's ok
Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by Obinoscopy(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2014
seunowokade:
Ok, I've brought down his thread from the homepage. So please tell us, what was ur source? Or are you the author?

1 Like

Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2014
seunowokade:

I am sorry bro, but I guess it's because you posted it in the wrong section. You can still press charges by reporting the dude to the MOD's for copying your work without referencing you, and that's if you are the Author of the work.
Re: Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage by Obinoscopy(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Ok, I've brought down his thread from the homepage. So please tell us, what was ur source? Or are you the author?
@Seunowokade, never mind. I've seen your source and have modified ur post to include it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Application For The University Of Twente Masters Scholarships Is ON / Online Distance Learning With Anglia Ruskin University And RDI UK / JAMB Release 2015 Utmeresult Online. Check Yours here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.